Barnsley 1-0 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best guess is that he has taken a calculated decision not to risk significant further investment and I wouldn't even know whether in our trading position we are currently making or losing money

Also whilst NP has done an exceptional job to-date, he seems to have now hit a difficult patch regarding decision making.

The blindingly obvious is that we are very reliant on Fryatt's goals and irrespective of some of the silly criticism he gets - if he doesn't score, we don't win. It all takes me back to the days of Arthur Rowley - who was regularly knocking in 30-40 goals a season and still got criticised for " being too slow" and "being too selfish".

Redditch I agree about Rowley........ but he had inside forwards who played and understood Arthurs capabilities.

Fryatt's case is more that people around him are not on the same wavlength and the oppo know HE is a dangerous player with the ball at his feet, but they also know that there is no supply to feed him

The fact that Powell started says it all for me. We are weak in every department, and changing the starting line up from game to game dont help.

Forest are flying because they have invested heavily, and invested well. We have dabbled with players that haven't improved our situation.

Milan bought us on the cheap and he continues to run us on the cheap, trying to find bargains instead of getting some quality in.

I agree with a previous poster, we need to play a consistent set of players each week and build for next season.

and changing the starting line up from game to game dont help.

One of my main gripes, we change it every fecking game.

NP does not know his best team, but then again I can understand that, it's difficult trying to pick a team out of 20 or so distinctly average players.

The fact that Powell started says it all for me. We are weak in every department, and changing the starting line up from game to game dont help.

Forest are flying because they have invested heavily, and invested well. We have dabbled with players that haven't improved our situation.

Milan bought us on the cheap and he continues to run us on the cheap, trying to find bargains instead of getting some quality in.

I agree with a previous poster, we need to play a consistent set of players each week and build for next season.

Why is it when we lose a couple of games it's the fault of Milan? Wake up people NP is not blameless in this blip we are having, yes it is hard to pick a good side from 20 average players but NP signed a fair few of those average players and in the case of wellens and gallagher spent a lot of money on them.

There is a lot of good players out there on the cheap or on loan but for some reason NP decides not to sign them.

NP is a good manager but not blameless so lets not look for everything to be blamed on the chairman I seem to remember peter taylor getting the complete blame for the bad players we had then so whats the difference now?

Can't blame MM If im honest

Gally £1m
Wellens £1m

Two players purchased for £1m + and both are playing completely below their supposed value.

Who purchased these players?

My sidekick noticed you vanished very suddenly after the final whistle :icon_bigg

Sounds to me like things at the back need a reshuffle.

Where's that eastern european fella with the funky name gone? I thought he was supposed to be back weeks ago!

And that bloke in midfield who was supposed to be training again, clementine was it?
:102:

Why is it when we lose a couple of games it's the fault of Milan? Wake up people NP is not blameless in this blip we are having, yes it is hard to pick a good side from 20 average players but NP signed a fair few of those average players and in the case of wellens and gallagher spent a lot of money on them.

There is a lot of good players out there on the cheap or on loan but for some reason NP decides not to sign them.

NP is a good manager but not blameless so lets not look for everything to be blamed on the chairman I seem to remember peter taylor getting the complete blame for the bad players we had then so whats the difference now?

I'm not saying MM is the only one to take the blame, NP makes to many changes for me. Its like you have a bad game, you get dropped, someone else has a bad game, he gets dropped, the player who originally got dropped, gets picked and so on. When it comes to his transfer policy, i'm a bit confused. He offers Martin Taylor a contract, Taylor talks to Newcastle, like any sensible player would and Nige drops all interest saying if their not committed to LCFC he's not interested :102:

Milan says he has a 3 year plan to get us in the Prem. It would seem he will be going to fail. He will have to make some decisions at the end of the season. Does he carry on with a revised plan or bail out.

When he was at Pompey, he saw the foreign interest there was to buy the club, and eventually sold. His plan at Leicester isnt working so far, and he might have to sell the club on the cheap himself, hopefully to a Leicester fan.

What a moaning shower of bastards Leicester fans really are. One knobhead behind me was abusing Pearson as well as every player except Brown for some reason. Some arsehole walking alongside us after the game just looked at me and started going on about how shite we were, so I lost it and went off on one. I'm absolutely sick of people apparently coming to games just to be miserable and slag the team off relentlessly. If you don't enjoy it, f*** off.

You didnt enjoy it either.

i decided not to go but looking at the subs it seems that NP 'rested' too many players (fryatt, howard, dyer, king and i suppose id better mention neilson and mcgivern) and didnt want to risk them picking up knocks that would rule them out of saturdays game and he probably thought we had enough on the pitch to get something out of the game....

Fryatt's case is more that people around him are not on the same wavlength and the oppo know HE is a dangerous player with the ball at his feet, but they also know that there is no supply to feed him

Not complicated is it.

Unfortunately, there is no sign that we have another striker with the capability to share the responsibility.

As for having to pick Chris Powell! Here we are, not exactly decimated with injuries but so short of competent left sided defenders that we have to pick someone in his 41st year! It's a joke. You can imagine the confidence boost it gave Barnsley when the Leicester team was announced - no Fryatt in attack, but Powell in defence. Not exactly a treat in store either for the poor s-ds supporters who had trecked up to that awful place. Not commercial I'm afraid.

This is kind of a crazy idea, but what about Dyer and Solano on the wings, with N'Guessen and Fryatt up front? At least then we'd have two proper wingers that could potentially create chances, and then N'Guessen would do the job of being a striker with strength, pace, and heading ability.

It is not a crazy idea. I am sure I remember Dany playing there early in the season - it may have been against Real - and looking ineffective. To be fair to him he had just stepped up two divisions.

I have never been convinced that Yann is as effective as Howard in creating chances for other people and is certainly no more prolific as a goalscorer.

Dany has pace as well as power and might well give cental defenders a very difficult time.

i decided not to go but looking at the subs it seems that NP 'rested' too many players (fryatt, howard, dyer, king and i suppose id better mention neilson and mcgivern) and didnt want to risk them picking up knocks that would rule them out of saturdays game and he probably thought we had enough on the pitch to get something out of the game....

I hope that isn't the case because we should have been playing our first string against a side like Barnsley who we had a good chance of beating. Newcastle isn't a write off, but even with our first choice on the pitch we're still the massive underdogs.

It is not a crazy idea. I am sure I remember Dany playing there early in the season - it may have been against Real - and looking ineffective. To be fair to him he had just stepped up two divisions.

I have never been convinced that Yann is as effective as Howard in creating chances for other people and is certainly no more prolific as a goalscorer.

Dany has pace as well as power and might well give cental defenders a very difficult time.

Dany does indeed have pace and power but rarely gets the chance to use them effectively as he is over 6 feet tall and is therefore an instant target for poor long balls. Starting him on the wing seems pointless sometimes as he just ends up being used as a target man.

I too would like to see him down the middle, getting service from wingers who recieve the ball to feet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670