Barnsley 1-0 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I wonder if some people who make such ostensibly in-depth comments have ever actually seen the team play.

To be honest I think its because from a distance he doesn't stand out and is easily confusable with Oakley. Howard on the other hand is very visible and therefore easier to pick out with long balls.

Are you suggesting that their own team mates are confused about which person they are passing to ??

Of all the utter twaddle that is often posted on here, that is truly the most ridiculous thing I have ever read :icon_lol:

Are you suggesting that their own team mates are confused about which person they are passing to ??

Of all the utter twaddle that is often posted on here, that is truly the most ridiculous thing I have ever read :icon_lol:

It made me chuckle too :icon_lol:

To be fair, most of them are confused as to which colour shirt they are passing to never mind who's wearing it.

Like it did at the start of the season.

I'm not really an N'guessen fan but we seemed click with a midfield of N'Guessen, Oakley, Wellans & Dyer with Howard & Fryatt up front. I dont think we have looked good since King came into the midfield and Oakley moved out wide. Pearson seemed to favour King no matter how well he performed, to the detriment of the side IMO.

I now expect a barrage of abuse saying how many goals King scores and that it's a good job I'm not the manager, but hey ho!

For what it's worth my team would be....

Weale
Morrison
Hobbs
Brown/Tunch
Burner
Dany (with Nobby ready to come on, until we know what he can do)
Oakley
Wellens
Dyer
Howard
Fryatt

Top post, and that side is about as good as it gets. :038:

Like it did at the start of the season.

I'm not really an N'guessen fan but we seemed click with a midfield of N'Guessen, Oakley, Wellans & Dyer with Howard & Fryatt up front. I dont think we have looked good since King came into the midfield and Oakley moved out wide. Pearson seemed to favour King no matter how well he performed, to the detriment of the side IMO.

I now expect a barrage of abuse saying how many goals King scores and that it's a good job I'm not the manager, but hey ho!

For what it's worth my team would be....

Weale
Morrison
Hobbs
Brown/Tunch
Burner
Dany (with Nobby ready to come on, until we know what he can do)
Oakley
Wellens
Dyer
Howard
Fryatt

You're an idiot. Have you seen how many goals King scores from midfield. It's a bloody good job you're not manager!

You're an idiot. Have you seen how many goals King scores from midfield. It's a bloody good job you're not manager!
You seen how many times he gives the ball go away, how many times has he even tackled a player, He is too lightweight, if he worked on his strength and tackling he could start to mould into a Ireland(man city) type of player. King has only scored like 3-4 goals from Midfield and all of them have been tap-ins. Brown and Mclovin shouldn't be allowed near the stadium let alone the first team.

You seen how many times he gives the ball go away, how many times has he even tackled a player, He is too lightweight, if he worked on his strength and tackling he could start to mould into a Ireland(man city) type of player. King has only scored like 3-4 goals from Midfield and all of them have been tap-ins. Brown and Mclovin shouldn't be allowed near the stadium let alone the first team.

Brilliantly understated hahaha.

King for Oakley for me, one is on the way to the premier league, the other on his way to his couch.

I do think it slightly confusing that you want to replace a goal scoring midfielder (whether tap ins or not) with one that hasn't scored all season.

Your post about the balance was correct. I don't necessarily mean money transfers however, a couple of loanees from the fringes of a Premiership team would do nicely.

As for this 'sussed out', I don't get it currently. There needs to be more effort from the players going off recent performances. Your confidence maybe low but that doesn't excuse the lack of trying. Again, it suggests that in the aftermath of the Forest game, divisions were made in the squad as there is no clear leader.

I find myself agreeing with you.

There is a defenite change of vibe from the team since the forest game and all recent games I have watched we lack urgency and a drive to win. It seems the opposition always wants it more.

Regarding MM I too feel he is now not willing to invest anything and just cashing in on what he can, it seems he tried to do it the first year with us and then gave up and even that was a weak attempt. For under 10 million investment forest now look good for a top 2 spot and they struggled last season. Even more so as you also mentioned, we not even got any loanees in which seems incredible as even in legaue one we were bringing them in. That suggests hes not even willing to spend on wages now.

Last edited:
Regarding MM I too feel he is now not willing to invest anything and just cashing in on what he can

I doubt very much that there is any "cashing in" to be done.

I doubt very much that there is any "cashing in" to be done.

I'm sure that's right and I can't see how he would be able to sell on the club for any serious money - whilst it is in the Championship.

The thing to watch out for is what people do rather than what they say. In spite of the words about 'backing NP' - all the indications are that he is not willing to sanction splashing out on more high wages in the way that he has done in the past. I say wages because I share an emerging view that big transfer fees are to an extent on the wane and most of the money these days goes into the players and agents pockets (and therefore out of the game).

There were only two players who came out of the Barnsley game with any credit, I think - Powell and Brown.

Weale looked dodgy again, Hobbs couldn't pass water, Morrison was OK to be fair, N'Guessan was woeful, Oakley was worse than woeful, Wellens is clearly in a bad spell and Gallagher should have been hung from the crossbar. Waghorn tried but got nothing and that Yann fella was completely anonymous.

The second half was torture, we seemed happy to boot the ball back to them so they could have another go at goal.

At the beginning of the season, I would have been happy with a consolidatory top-half finish, bearing in mind that the previous four seasons in this division, we spent no more than 2-3 weeks in the top half.

We started really well and everybody's expectations rose, mine included, but I always had this nagglng thought at the back of my head that said first season promotion to the Premiership could be a disaster. We would incur additional costs and the team is not yet ready for the Premiership. We would probably be relegated immediately and even with the parachute payments, be in the financial MERDE.

My biggest disappointemt is the performance of the players that NP has brought in this season. I now have doubts as to whether he can bring in players next season good enough for us to build a team that can get us into the Premiership and keep us there.

Oh well, having been a City fan for over 50 years, it is kind of reassuring that the yo-yo of emotions felt by being a City fan have hardly changed in all that time.

Ok here's a strange idea... why is it the the BBc highlights always say something about us being dominated, and yet all the highlights they show suggest we were on top?

ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00