Barnsley 1-0 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that isn't the case because we should have been playing our first string against a side like Barnsley who we had a good chance of beating. Newcastle isn't a write off, but even with our first choice on the pitch we're still the massive underdogs.

i agree with you but i couldnt help feeling that NP made far too many changes and to regular 1st teamers

I hope that isn't the case because we should have been playing our first string against a side like Barnsley who we had a good chance of beating. Newcastle isn't a write off, but even with our first choice on the pitch we're still the massive underdogs.

Obviously our manager has intentionally signed a load of shite players that he decides to field against 'lesser' sides when he doesn't feel like winning the game :icon_roll

i agree with you but i couldnt help feeling that NP made far too many changes and to regular 1st teamers

Someone like Yann is obviously an unknown quantity and so needed a run in the first team at some point. The mystery and excitment is wearing off a little known for me though, NP needs to go back to the tried and tested Howard & Fryatt for a while just to steady the ship.

Obviously our manager has intentionally signed a load of shite players that he decides to field against 'lesser' sides when he doesn't feel like winning the game :icon_roll

i dont think anyone is saying that but i wouldnt be surprised to see howard, fryatt, king, neilson and mcgivern all start against newcastle and if that happens then it seems that NP underestimated barnsley by making all those changes :102:

Someone like Yann is obviously an unknown quantity and so needed a run in the first team at some point. The mystery and excitment is wearing off a little known for me though, NP needs to go back to the tried and tested Howard & Fryatt for a while just to steady the ship.

we need to get back to basics and start by keeping clean sheets, a draw against newcastle wouldnt be a bad result

I guess what I mean is that Pearson has tried some squad rotation and it hasn't worked. e.g dropping King when he has been at the heart of most of our better performances this season. He has started Gallagher in a cup game and against a side we could have beaten, despite the fact that Gallagher has done very little all season. I doubt NP would have put Gally in the starting line-up if we had been playing WBA and Newcastle in the league.

Tried and tested as in the strike force that got us relegated?

Yeah the one that scored about 45 goals between them last year and have actually developed a strike partnership.

I would dare say that Howard and Fryatt are still are most prolific partnership this season...

I'd go back to that as well personally.

After 29 games this season, does anybody know what our first string is :102:

I dont think Nige does.

Last edited:

Fryatt never played when we got relelgated. Hume and Howard was the strike force when we got relegated. Hollowhead picked DJ ahead of Fryatt.

I dont think Nige does.

It's got super Andy King in, I know that much. ;)

I dont think Nige does.

Nope, have not got a clue.

I feel the best team we have to play this term has been proved to be:

Weale

Neilson
Morrison
Hobbs
Berner

Oakley
King
Wellens
Dyer

Fryatt
Howard

We need Berner back desperately. And Tunchev would be like a new signing.

Haven't heard anything about either for ages, does anyone have any idea how far off they are?

And i still can't comprehend, when Dany has scored (about 5?) this season, why he's not in anyone's starting line-up!!! I'm sure he squanders chances but at least he's in the right place when they come!

Oakley should be dropped, N'guessen on the right and Dyer on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669