Barnsley 1-0 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you made it home already? Marshall = legend

Pearson have a word with those two in the middle of the park and tell um to get it down and pass the fecking thing.

The BBC reckons we had 4 efforts on target. I am sorry but they have made that up. We had 1 which was a volley from Wellens in first half injury time.

The other 3 must have been hoof balls that missed our strikers and bounced through to the keeper.

Sounds woeful.

Just hope Pearson, and perhaps Mandy, have it in them to stop us falling away from the playoffs/top half.

At least with the timing of the slump, there is time to try and sort it out with some transfer activity perhaps.

I think lack of goals is our main problem... Fryatt's the only one who can be relied on to score regularly, and he's having a quiet patch (which could be down to the pressure of bieng the clubs only goalscorer)

But......MM is no fool so you have to ask the question as to why he has done nothing positive in this transfer window.

Broke?

He's a fool and no-one's spotted it 'til now?

Off to clink soon and doesn't fancy splashing out on a team he can't watch live?

Go on - what is the answer?

Maybe Pearson's lack of managerial experience is showing. It will be interesting to see how he handles HIS squad now they're in a mini slump.

He deserves all the credit he gets for what he helped to achieve last season, but I am concerned with his latest signings! The team has got older, slower and has far less technical ability (if that was possible) than the previous players!

I hope he comes through this period, stronger and wiser for it, after all, this is his first long term managerial post and we will be a learning curve for him.

if we drop brown we stop playing hoofball it's as simple as that.
howard and fryatt back in
wingers back in
wellens and oakley back in the centre.

nielsen mcgivern and brown nowehere near the side.
gallagher, waghorn kermorgant on the bench for impact only.

If we drop Brown and do not play Nielsen or McGivern, who will we play centre-half?

Wellens and Oakley have been in the centre in the last two games which we lost.

When you say wingers back in, do you mean in the way that we had wingers against Cardiff and Swansea and Barnsley?

I don't want Oakley to play on the right any more than anyone else but it is interesting that when we played him in the middle and dropped Wellens/King, we started to lose

Agree about Howard and Fryatt - Admitedly from afar, Kermogant does not appear to offer much, if anything to the team.

I don't understand why Dyer's not played the last couple of games? He seems to have been our main threat, and the only midfielder supporting the attack!

I want us to have a few games with Dyer and N'Guessan on the wings, and Howard in the middle... pace and proper wingers on both sides, with someone that can head in the middle!

Just got back, now scraping the dog shit from my shoe - was it just me or was there just dog crap all along every pavement in that cesspit.

Wellens and Oakley were dreadful, I'm under the impression that Wellens only gets a game because he had such a strong start to the season and Oakley simply because he's captain. Powell didn't look at all match fit - especially early on. Brown however was solid at the back.
Sloppy goal to concede after clearing it off the line just before. Strong shout for a penalty in injury time after an obvious hand ball in the box wasnt spotted by the ref (think it was hume - definately someone in red sleeves anyway).

I too spotted Ian Marshall sitting amongst our lot. Not sure why our fans were so Isolated in that corner of the ground tho.

Last edited:
I don't understand why Dyer's not played the last couple of games? He seems to have been our main threat, and the only midfielder supporting the attack!

I want us to have a few games with Dyer and N'Guessan on the wings, and Howard in the middle... pace and proper wingers on both sides, with someone that can head in the middle!

This is kind of a crazy idea, but what about Dyer and Solano on the wings, with N'Guessen and Fryatt up front? At least then we'd have two proper wingers that could potentially create chances, and then N'Guessen would do the job of being a striker with strength, pace, and heading ability.

We really are nothing without Fryatt aren't we?

Even at the start of the season he was creating most've his goals for himself. The fact people still call him over-rated is laughable, it's pretty much a one man team (in an attacking sense) as far as I'm concerned. Hope to christ he's fully fit by Saturday.

Last edited:
Broke?

Go on - what is the answer?

My best guess is that he has taken a calculated decision not to risk significant further investment and I wouldn't even know whether in our trading position we are currently making or losing money

Also whilst NP has done an exceptional job to-date, he seems to have now hit a difficult patch regarding decision making.

The blindingly obvious is that we are very reliant on Fryatt's goals and irrespective of some of the silly criticism he gets - if he doesn't score, we don't win. It all takes me back to the days of Arthur Rowley - who was regularly knocking in 30-40 goals a season and still got criticised for " being too slow" and "being too selfish".

What a moaning shower of bastards Leicester fans really are. One knobhead behind me was abusing Pearson as well as every player except Brown for some reason. Some arsehole walking alongside us after the game just looked at me and started going on about how shite we were, so I lost it and went off on one. I'm absolutely sick of people apparently coming to games just to be miserable and slag the team off relentlessly. If you don't enjoy it, f*** off.

What a moaning shower of bastards Leicester fans really are. One knobhead behind me was abusing Pearson as well as every player except Brown for some reason. Some arsehole walking alongside us after the game just looked at me and started going on about how shite we were, so I lost it and went off on one. I'm absolutely sick of people apparently coming to games just to be miserable and slag the team off relentlessly. If you don't enjoy it, f*** off.

:038::038:

Confirming my comments from last week, we are slipping both in terms of quality and results.

We are such a drab side, every game it seems the opposition are superior to us in midfield, especially the centre. So much more creativity.

Even Forest are showing how it should be done, they look so ****ing creative compared to us it's hard to take. We truely are a mile away from winning promotion from this league, miles and miles away.

Drab, it's the perfect word to describe our style.

Last edited:
N'Guessen would do the job of being a striker with strength, pace, and heading ability.

He can also do that job of missing easy chance after easy chance, he would fit right into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669