Barnsley 1-0 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
We keep asking for changes and do indeed keep getting them. First it was Powell and now its Berner. I think the missing cogs of the success machine are not currently within the squad.

Last edited:
It's got super Andy King in, I know that much. ;)

We know hes not an impact player based on last night.

He would be in my side too if he offered more than knocking the ball sideways, shying out of a tackle and the odd tap in :icon_wink

We know hes not an impact player based on last night.

He would be in my side too if he offered more than knocking the ball sideways, shying out of a tackle and the odd tap in :icon_wink

:icon_lol: I don't know whether this is just to wind me up.

We need Berner back desperately. And Tunchev would be like a new signing.

Spot on again Alex, and I agree with your 'Best XI so far' as well, possibly taking out Neilson and putting in Brown.

I understand some negativity about the bad run of results that we're on and the uninspiring performances, but I still think we all need to have some perspective and some realism. For a newly promoted side, surely a reasonable aim would have been consolidation, top half would be a good season and the play-offs would be miraculous. If offered 8th coming towards the end of January, you would have been crazy not to take that at the start of the season. At that time, I just wanted us to be able to be competitive in this division and we are. I don't think that's setting sights too low when you consider the state that we were in when Pearson took over. He's not perfect, but he has done and continues to do a phenomenal job for this football club. I think we all need to take a leaf out of his book by not getting too carried away with the good times and not getting too down in the bad times.

Spot on again Alex, and I agree with your 'Best XI so far' as well, possibly taking out Neilson and putting in Brown.

I understand some negativity about the bad run of results that we're on and the uninspiring performances, but I still think we all need to have some perspective and some realism. For a newly promoted side, surely a reasonable aim would have been consolidation, top half would be a good season and the play-offs would be miraculous. If offered 8th coming towards the end of January, you would have been crazy not to take that at the start of the season. At that time, I just wanted us to be able to be competitive in this division and we are. I don't think that's setting sights too low when you consider the state that we were in when Pearson took over. He's not perfect, but he has done and continues to do a phenomenal job for this football club. I think we all need to take a leaf out of his book by not getting too carried away with the good times and not getting too down in the bad times.

Excellent post. Of course, you can now look forward to a barrage of rubbish berating you for stifling other people's opinion. 8th is a wonderful return for a club such as ours and the events over the past 36 months. I'd be perfectly content to finish here but others would see it as a catastrophic faliure. I'm afraid this attitude runs deep through the veins of some 'supporters' of this club. Always has, always will.

Last edited:
I personally still feel Forest will have a dip in form, hopefully we are experiencing ours ad we can move forwards quickly and get back in to the play off places.

Excellent post. Of course, you can now look forward to a barrage of rubbish berating you for stifling other people's opinion. 8th is a wonderful return for a club such as ours and the events over the past 36 months. I'd be perfectly content to finish here but others would see it as a catastrophic faliure. I'm afraid this attitude runs deep through the veins of some 'supporters' of this club. Always has, always will.

I think most would agree in principle, but are nervous at the extent of the slippage. On current form (last 8 results) we are not 8th, but 17th.

So, despite it pissing you off, you want more changes?

Im pissed off with the changes on a general basis, It doesn't mean we can't change the current line up in order to achieve the best side now.

I think the best side would include Dyer and N'Guessen on the wings.

Last edited:
Don't even want to talk about some of the performances form certain pathetic individuals. Pearson needs to start playing players in their proper positions, he needs to play with two natural wingers and a fast striker with a target man, he needs to play a normal formation and when we are losing he needs to leave someone up top to attack when the ball breaks away, he needs to sign two new wing back as well as a creative player to play in the centre finally he needs to strip Oakley of his captaincy and give it to Chrissy Powell.

Last edited:
Don't even want to talk about some of the performances form certain pathetic individuals. Pearson needs to start playing players in their proper positions, he needs to play with two natural wingers and a fast striker with a target man, he needs to play a normal formation and when we are losing he needs to leave someone up top to attack when the ball breaks away, he needs to sign two new wing back as well as a creative player to play in the centre finally he needs to strip Oakley of his captaincy and give it to Chrissy Powell.

This is a great plan if we could pass and cross the ball consistantly.

Giving the ball away to cheaply, and wellens thinks he's playing for Brasil. Keep the fecker simple..............

This is a great plan if we could pass and cross the ball consistantly.

Giving the ball away to cheaply, and wellens thinks he's playing for Brasil. Keep the fecker simple..............

I assumed he was joking. That's the only explaination surely?

I think most would agree in principle, but are nervous at the extent of the slippage. On current form (last 8 results) we are not 8th, but 17th.

Nicely summed up. The expectancy was further raised when management staff and players started talking up promotion - it was hardly the fans that did this.

We've been here before under Taylor.

Im pissed off with the changes on a general basis, It doesn't mean we can't change the current line up in order to achieve the best side now.

I think the best side would include Dyer and N'Guessen on the wings.

Like it did at the start of the season.

I'm not really an N'guessen fan but we seemed click with a midfield of N'Guessen, Oakley, Wellans & Dyer with Howard & Fryatt up front. I dont think we have looked good since King came into the midfield and Oakley moved out wide. Pearson seemed to favour King no matter how well he performed, to the detriment of the side IMO.

I now expect a barrage of abuse saying how many goals King scores and that it's a good job I'm not the manager, but hey ho!

For what it's worth my team would be....

Weale
Morrison
Hobbs
Brown/Tunch
Burner
Dany (with Nobby ready to come on, until we know what he can do)
Oakley
Wellens
Dyer
Howard
Fryatt

Spot on with that team there mate. Still very unsure which 2 from Oakley/King/Wellens I'd prefer though.

Like it did at the start of the season.

I'm not really an N'guessen fan but we seemed click with a midfield of N'Guessen, Oakley, Wellans & Dyer with Howard & Fryatt up front. I dont think we have looked good since King came into the midfield and Oakley moved out wide. Pearson seemed to favour King no matter how well he performed, to the detriment of the side IMO.

I now expect a barrage of abuse saying how many goals King scores and that it's a good job I'm not the manager, but hey ho!

For what it's worth my team would be....

Weale
Morrison
Hobbs
Brown/Tunch
Burner
Dany (with Nobby ready to come on, until we know what he can do)
Oakley
Wellens
Dyer
Howard
Fryatt

100% agreed.:)

I still think our best strikeforce this season has been Waghorn and Fryatt but whatever.

I guess what I mean is that Pearson has tried some squad rotation and it hasn't worked. e.g dropping King when he has been at the heart of most of our better performances this season. He has started Gallagher in a cup game and against a side we could have beaten, despite the fact that Gallagher has done very little all season. I doubt NP would have put Gally in the starting line-up if we had been playing WBA and Newcastle in the league.

Gallagher Is terrible. So lazy - he seems to think he's about 50x better than he performs.

I think we should try and cut our losses on him already, if we could get £300k for him it would be an absolute miracle (given that we paid a reported £1million).

i decided not to go but looking at the subs it seems that NP 'rested' too many players (fryatt, howard, dyer, king and i suppose id better mention neilson and mcgivern) and didnt want to risk them picking up knocks that would rule them out of saturdays game and he probably thought we had enough on the pitch to get something out of the game....

I hope that isn't the case because we should have been playing our first string against a side like Barnsley who we had a good chance of beating. Newcastle isn't a write off, but even with our first choice on the pitch we're still the massive underdogs.
Fryatt has been ill, Howard and Yann seem to be interchangeable as far as NP is concerned, he leaves Dyer out regularly, he's obviously trying central midfield pairings, leaving out King this time but having left Wellens out before, and Neilson and McGivern are both gash.

So I don't think he really "rested" anyone. Meaning that this is as good as we've got...:icon_conf

Fryatt has been ill, Howard and Yann seem to be interchangeable as far as NP is concerned, he leaves Dyer out regularly, he's obviously trying central midfield pairings, leaving out King this time but having left Wellens out before, and Neilson and McGivern are both gash.

So I don't think he really "rested" anyone. Meaning that this is as good as we've got...:icon_conf

I can confirm that Yann and Howard are not interchangeable. Howard is far better than Yann who has really failed to impress me at all this season.

To be honest I think its because from a distance he doesn't stand out and is easily confusable with Oakley. Howard on the other hand is very visible and therefore easier to pick out with long balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669