Barnsley - Championship - Saturday 28th April 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

The Last Away Game Of The Season!!!

Kick Off: 3pm

Tickets

Our initial allocation for this match is 1764 tickets, with an option to take additional tickets as we need them. Tickets are priced at £20 Adults, £12 Seniors (60+), £12 Under 18's and £6.00 Under 11's if accompanied by a full paying adult.

The Under 11's price will not be available on the day of the game.

Tickets for this match will go on sale as follows;

Monday 16th April - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1

Tuesday 17th April - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2

Wednesday 18th April - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3

Thursday 19th April - Members

Friday 20th April - General sale

Fox Travel

Fox Travel coaches will depart from Car Park C on Raw Dykes Road opposite the Megastore at the Walkers Stadium at 12.00noon and is priced at:

£12.50 Adult STH
£10.50 Concession STH
£13.50 Adults NON STH
£11.50 Concessions NON STH

Directions & Parking

Approx 80 Miles - 1hr 30mins

Leave the M1 at Junction 37 and take the A628 towards Barnsley. Stay on this road (the ground is well signposted) and you will eventually see the ground on your right.

There is a fair sized car park located at the ground.

Trains

If you intend to travel by train, DO NOT purchase a ticket from Leicester to Barnsley (£24.20). You need to purchase a CDR (Cheap Day Return) Leicester to Derby (£7.60), a CDR Derby to Sheffield (£7.80) - (Please note the Leicester to Sheffield train calls at Derby so you do not need to change) and a CDR Sheffield to Barnsley (£3.10) - Total £18.50

If you are travelling in a group of 3 or 4, you can group save on the Leicester to Sheffield leg of the journey by buying the tickets as stated above. You cannot groupsave from Sheffield to Barnsley. For 3 it would be £13.37 each and for 4 it would be £10.80 each.

All of the tickets above have no time restrictions and can all be purchased on the day of the game.

The train station is a 10 minute walk from the ground. From the train station turn left away from the town centre and head towards the bridge that the dual-carriageway runs over. Go under the bridge and turn left up the slip road and then take the first road on the right and head towards the Metro Dome leisure complex at the top of the hill. Oakwell is now clearly visible.

Pubs

The football grounds guide recommends that you don't drink in the town centre, especially near to the Train Station or Bus Station. There seems to be very little information in terms of alternatives, so maybe RS or someone else can recommend ?

Last edited:
Tickets are priced at £20 Adults, £12 Seniors (60+), £12 Under 18's and £6.00 Under 11's if accompanied by a full paying adult.

Or alternatively, don't wear your City shirt and pay on the gate in the Barnsley end - all areas are £10 and £5 for concessions.

As we did unto them, they have done unto us - and ensured a big home crowd for what might be a vital game for both clubs!

Or alternatively, don't wear your City shirt and pay on the gate in the Barnsley end - all areas are £10 and £5 for concessions.

As we did unto them, they have done unto us - and ensured a big home crowd for what might be a vital game for both clubs!

I hardly think thats a good thing to recommend to people. It's against FA rules for starters.

I hardly think thats a good thing to recommend to people. It's against FA rules for starters.

I was careful not to recommend it. I was just stating it as an alternative.

I am aware that it is against the ground rules to enter a home area as a fan of the away team, but I am aware of people who do it on a regular basis for their own reasons; a few Barnsley fans also did it at the Walkers earlier this season to take advantage of our generosity. Although against the rules, sensible fans are unlikely to run into any problems.

Last edited:
Ill be drinking in sheffield before the game probably The globe is close to the station and is pretty cheap. plus Barnsley is a right shite hole

Ill be drinking in sheffield before the game probably The globe is close to the station and is pretty cheap. plus Barnsley is a right shite hole

Good idea!

Trains from Sheffield to Barnsley are roughly every 15/20 mins and the journey is only 20/25 mins.

Watford are also in Sheffield on that day, as they are playing at Sheffield United, so I don't think there will be any problems in terms of conflict with their supporters.

Ill be there ! ! !

And i've just realised you can LEGALLY buy a ticket for £12.

Our initial allocation for this match is 1764 tickets, with an option to take additional tickets as we need them. Tickets are priced at £20 Adults, £12 Seniors (60+), £12 Under 18's and £6.00 Under 11's if accompanied by a full paying adult.

yeh same it is gonna be soo good, does any1 know if there will be many tickets left at the ground selling on the turnstiles

cheers

yeh same it is gonna be soo good, does any1 know if there will be many tickets left at the ground selling on the turnstiles

cheers

The word that you are looking for is anyONE - please do not reply with a lol - text-speak is not encouraged in this forum.

The tickets for the Barnsley game do not even go on sale until tomorrow. It will be some time yet before it is known whether there will be tickets left to allow admission on the day. If Barnsley, who are deeper shit than we are, sell their own tickets quickly ( and at £10 a head, I think they will) we may even see them try to claw back some tickets from our allocation if they have not already been sold.

I would not unduly delay my purchase of a ticket for this game.

The Last Away Game Of The Season!!!

The football grounds guide recommends that you don't drink in the town centre, especially near to the Train Station or Bus Station. There seems to be very little information in terms of alternatives, so maybe RS or someone else can recommend ?

The London Branch will be partaking of fine ales at The George and Dragon, Summer Lane, S70 2NN. About 15 minutes from the station.

Those without travel tickets might like to know that there are still some very cheap tickets to Sheffield on the MML website. Advance Purchase Single tickets at £6 available on the 08:40, 09:39 and 11:36 departures from Leicester; £9.50 advance single on the 10:39.

For the return, it's still £6 on the 18:27 from Sheffield - also the 20:47 if you need extra drinking time.

http://www.midlandmainline.com

NB If you book MML Advacne tickets on any of the other train company sites, you will pay £1 extra per single journey.

Any ideas whether we have taken the additional allocations, I am considering this but it will be a late decision probably.

Let's concentrate on getting the first lot sold first!

This game will be very popular with the Barnsley fans who are only paying £10 for a ticket. It may result in them selling out and there being a limit on our opportunity to get more tickets. It might also mean that there will be no sale to City fans on the day.

If you want to go to this match, I would advise getting your decision made and getting a ticket bought asap.

I meant buy them in advance at Leicester Train Station. It is a Midland Mainline station.

Yes, but you will pay £1 more as the £6 each way single tickets are ONLINE advance tickets only.

Boc, you know with them Midland Mainline tickets. Can I roll up at Leicester train station and still get the same price?

You can get them IN ADVANCE at any railway station, but you will pay a pound more. If you mean, can you roll up just before the train leaves and get them at those prices, the answer is NO.

That doesn't mean though that the price that the ticket clerk will offer you will be the cheapest available - it may be cheaper to split a longer journey up into sections if you are returning the same day.

Yes, but you will pay £1 more as the £6 each way single tickets are ONLINE advance tickets only.

They are MML online advance tickets. Other rail company sirtes cahrge the extra quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566