Barnsley - Championship - Saturday 28th April 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any one wants to buy a Barnsly ticket ive got a spare one one of my mates cant make it so if any one else wants it??

Pub Update:

I have just spoken to the Lanlord of The Gatehouse, Eldon Street, Barnsley.

He informs me that his pub is not the designated away pub. However, he is more than welcome to have away fans in his pub, and has never witnessed any trouble whilst he's been there. What he did say though, if the police see lots of Leicester fans going in, the police will put a stop to it immediately. He recommends that anyone wishing to have a drink in his pub, to either wear no city shirt or keep it well covered up.

I would recommend anyone wanting to go shirted up, to drink in Sheffield.

Last edited:
OK guys.

The safe bet is the leisure centre. Always full of away fans, never any bother. Can't miss it - it's fairly huge and at the top of the hill smack behind the away end.

There are some pretty safe pubs in town as well, though so you're not completely stuck. I've got a Leicester fan mate who currently lives in Newcastle coming down and i'll be dragging him for a prematch pint. The trick in town centre is knowing where's safe and where isn't before you venture in. Avoid the Groggers Rest and the Court house near the train station but the Gatehouse is fine. You can then guage the atmosphere and see whether a head into town is a good idea. However, away colours and light hearted banter will not be allowed in the chain pubs (Yate's, Wetherspoons, Walkabout etc) - they tend to be a bit paranoid. However, they'll have bouncers and not usually full of arseholes, so long as you cover up and don't get lary you shouldn't have much bother.

I would stay out of the Mount near the ground - shit beer, too full, occasionally raucous clientelle. The Dove Inn at the top of Oakwell Lane has only just reopened after a refurb. Nice pint but an unknown quantity - i've not seen any away fans in there. The Outpost on Sheffield Road is reputed to be friendly towards away fans albeit a fair hike from the ground but for this reason i don't bother with it.

This was put on an other forum by a barnsley fan. Could be useful.

****ing Hell, BG's even telling the ****ers where I'm sitting. Stay away from me loons!!!

Anyone that's been asking about them being available on the day, the Police have advised Barnsley NOT to do this.

No tickets available on the day of the game.

You can however buy them in person until 10.30am Friday morning or give them a call until this time and then pick them at Oakwell.

Anyone that's been asking about them being available on the day, the Police have advised Barnsley NOT to do this.

No tickets available on the day of the game.

You can however buy them in person until 10.30am Friday morning or give them a call until this time and then pick them at Oakwell.

I had a feeling this would happen. I can just imagine we sell another 800 tickets between now & tomorrow and then we only have 300 for sale on the day. More than that are bound to turn up on the day. A good move IMO!

OK, what is the cheapest train fare from Manchester to Barnsely then. Would I be better going via Leeds or Sheffield?

OK, what is the cheapest train fare from Manchester to Barnsely then. Would I be better going via Leeds or Sheffield?

knowing some of them on here you might be better going via worcester to save yourself £2.74

do a Jessel and go for a half fare

I have a young persons rail card already so won't make that much of a difference. I am thinking of doing a 'Jessel' and getting a concessionary ticket for the game.

Via Sheffield.

Cheap Day Return > Sheffield = £8.30 and the Cheap Day Return Sheffield > Barnsley = £3.10 - Total £11.40

Barnsley -- Now An All Ticket Match

OS has reported that

And the club are now urging fans without tickets to make their purchases at the earliest possible opportunity ahead of the game.

A City spokesman said: "We currently have around 1,200 tickets remaining of our original allocation of 4,900

"Following police consultation, Barnsley have now advised us that supporters will not be able to purchase tickets on the day of the game from Oakwell"

"Fans can, however, secure their seats at the ticket office up until 10:30am on Friday morning ahead of the game.

"Supporters can also purchase their tickets for the game over the phone until this deadline, with tickets then made available for collection from Oakwell on Saturday."

Via Sheffield.

Cheap Day Return > Sheffield = £8.30 and the Cheap Day Return Sheffield > Barnsley = £3.10 - Total £11.40

Nice one mate, now just got to try and get a ticket.

Have you still got a spare ticket Shents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669