Pre Match Barnsley v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester have scored 62 league goals so far this season - more than any other side in the Championship. I was sick of reading that Derby had scored more.

Bloody hope we turn up tonight, seeing as I am.

Anyone drank in the Dove Inn on Doncaster road in Barnsley before a match?

Anyone drank in the Dove Inn on Doncaster road in Barnsley before?

If it's the one I think then it's quite good in there. There might even be Real Ales available. I'm meeting my mates there, who drank there last time we played Barnsley. There's a good food place nearby too I think -The Oakwell Sandwich shop. And a chip shop for those wanting a bite to eat.

Don't forget to tie your whippet up outside by the way before you go in.:icon_wink

If it's the one I think then it's quite good in there. There might even be Real Ales available. I'm meeting my mates there, who drank there last time we played Barnsley. There's a good food place nearby too I think -The Oakwell Sandwich shop. And a chip shop for those wanting a bite to eat.

Don't forget to tie your whippet up outside by the way before you go in.:icon_wink

Nice one,

Parking nearby?

I sort of wish I was going now.

Tickets on the door?

I bloody well hope so, bird on the phone said 6-700 being offered on the night.

3,500 sold as far as I am aware.

Few comments from around the Barnsley boards...

SBRed48: 2-2 4from six against the Big Cheating spenders will do for me

ScottishTyke: Disgraceful how clubs like them and Bolton can run up silly amounts of loses and nothing ever seems to happen. Makes you wonder if there is any point in balancing the books!

Im_knew_here:Leicester haven't lost a league game for over three months..

However, three (I know they've lost four away) of their five defeats have come away from home to...

Charlton 2-1
Donny 1-0
Wendy 2-1

...let's hope they come to Oakwell with a "Just have to turn up attitude" ...and we play like we did against them last Easter Monday

Anyway, I've got a decent feeling about this match, could we sneak a 2 - 1 victory? Could we?

Yeah, it really is silly how we can run up all those loses (sic).

Itinerant tykes!
Some Wednesday fans have asked me if we can beat the Dingles (as they call them)
The talk the other week on Radio Sheffield was all doom and gloom with the Barnsley fans and now they think they can beat us. It's amazing how much a victory over Forest can do to a team

Last edited:
Very tough game tonight. 2-1 defeat to give Burnley some hope. Sorry folks but I am a negative old sod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566