Barry Hayles

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

Well-Known Member
Fulham striker Barry Hayles could be a target for Leicester City.

The 32-year-old has been told he can leave the Londoners after scoring 57 goals in 143 starts. by Jon Dale Reports yesterday suggested that manager Micky Adams had already opened talks with Hayles but City chief executive Tim Davies was keeping mum over the club's possible interest.

"I'm not going to comment on individual cases but all I can say at this stage is that we are talking to a lot of players," said Davies.

- thebluearmy.com
 

Ricey

New Member
Looking like another 30+ srike partnership then :roll: :cry:

We need a young striker to play with Dublin! I'm sure Hayles would do a job but we need long term stability. We haven't had a striker stay at the for a number of years since Heskey, we need to get a young striker that will either stay at the club for years to come or sold on for a large profit. I know that kind of player is hard to find but you find him if you are not looking.
 

Leigh

Well-Known Member
No thanks.

That article doesn't have anything new in it anyway, the Davies quote is taken from his plea for ST holders from last week.
 

Malf

New Member
Ricey said:
Looking like another 30+ srike partnership then :roll: :cry:

We need a young striker to play with Dublin! I'm sure Hayles would do a job but we need long term stability. We haven't had a striker stay at the for a number of years since Heskey, we need to get a young striker that will either stay at the club for years to come or sold on for a large profit. I know that kind of player is hard to find but you find him if you are not looking.
I agree bruv, the amount of players coming and going at the club means we can never build any rapport up with the players and also I don't get that buzz like I used to when we signed a player as it's nothing out of the ordinary anymore. We need stability, younger players offer you this in a way.
 

Malf

New Member
londonfox said:
Ricey said:
londonfox said:
Ricey said:
We need a young striker to play with Dublin!
Tommy Wright???
One that is good enough.
you don't reckon he'll make it then Ricey???
I think it's unfair to say he won't make it or any of the other academy players, they are extremely young and haven't been given much of a chance. Wrighty started well at Brentford but then went off the boil with injuries and was hardly getting the service as Brentford were struggling. Rumour has it, he didn't even want to stay at Brentford for the whole season as he was a tad homesick. Let's make judgement on him after this season coming if he gets a chance, he's no worse than Heath and he's been given plenty of chances.
 

Wylie fox

New Member
Marian Pahars

Ricey said:
Looking like another 30+ srike partnership then :roll: :cry:

We need a young striker to play with Dublin! I'm sure Hayles would do a job but we need long term stability. We haven't had a striker stay at the for a number of years since Heskey, we need to get a young striker that will either stay at the club for years to come or sold on for a large profit. I know that kind of player is hard to find but you find him if you are not looking.
He could be an answer quick,skilful and out of favour .
 

trickytrev

New Member
I cant watch a whole season of Matt Heath attempting to pass the ball. Draft in Stearman. Definately have Dublin at the back probably with Scowy and Wright/Petrescu upfront.
 

Joe_Fox

Well-Known Member
I can't stand one match of watching Heath trying to pass the ball. He's dreadful and the sooner we realise this the better.
 

Malf

New Member
Ok, ok, ok! Dabizas will probably stay anyway as he's not had a kick in Euro 2004 most teams will think he's died or something. So let's have Dabizas and Dublin at the back with Stearman waiting in the wings. Let's loan Heath out to FC Iraq and play Petrescu/O'Grady/Wright up front with a new striker of our choice.
 

Batman

New Member
Malf said:
Ok, ok, ok! Dabizas will probably stay anyway as he's not had a kick in Euro 2004 most teams will think he's died or something. So let's have Dabizas and Dublin at the back with Stearman waiting in the wings. Let's loan Heath out to FC Iraq and play Petrescu/O'Grady/Wright up front with a new striker of our choice.
Super Matty Elliott and Dublin/Nick the Greek at the back (with option of playing Dubs up front if we need.

Dublin/Ferdinand/Wrighty and Bent (if the deal comes off) up front
 

Scowcroft

New Member
Batman said:
Malf said:
Ok, ok, ok! Dabizas will probably stay anyway as he's not had a kick in Euro 2004 most teams will think he's died or something. So let's have Dabizas and Dublin at the back with Stearman waiting in the wings. Let's loan Heath out to FC Iraq and play Petrescu/O'Grady/Wright up front with a new striker of our choice.
Super Matty Elliott and Dublin/Nick the Greek at the back (with option of playing Dubs up front if we need.

Dublin/Ferdinand/Wrighty and Bent (if the deal comes off) up front
I would rather have Elliott at the back than Dabizas. Probably Dublin/Bent upfront, with Scowy on the right again. :roll:
 

Malf

New Member
JKFOX said:
missed the boat again.

hes joined sheff utd on a free

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1140289,00.html
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Not that I am overly bothered that we didn't sign Hayles but if were in for him then why didn't we sign him? Atleast that means we aren't signing another 30+ year old striker, but you can't take away the fact he would have got us 15-20 goals last season. What is Adams playing at? I sense there must be something up his sleeve, or players just aren't fancying the life of riley in Leicester :?: :?: :?: :!: :idea: :arrow: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :x :p :oops: :cry: :shock: :(
 

Scowcroft

New Member
Malf said:
JKFOX said:
missed the boat again.

hes joined sheff utd on a free

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1140289,00.html
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Not that I am overly bothered that we didn't sign Hayles but if were in for him then why didn't we sign him? Atleast that means we aren't signing another 30+ year old striker, but you can't take away the fact he would have got us 15-20 goals last season. What is Adams playing at? I sense there must be something up his sleeve, or players just aren't fancying the life of riley in Leicester :?: :?: :?: :!: :idea: :arrow: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :x :p :oops: :cry: :shock: :(
With all those smileys, I thought that was a Steven post! :p :shock: :? :eek: :twisted: :wink: :!:
 

Steven

Active Member
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
JKFOX said:
missed the boat again.

hes joined sheff utd on a free

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1140289,00.html
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Not that I am overly bothered that we didn't sign Hayles but if were in for him then why didn't we sign him? Atleast that means we aren't signing another 30+ year old striker, but you can't take away the fact he would have got us 15-20 goals last season. What is Adams playing at? I sense there must be something up his sleeve, or players just aren't fancying the life of riley in Leicester :?: :?: :?: :!: :idea: :arrow: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :x :p :oops: :cry: :shock: :(
With all those smileys, I thought that was a Steven post! :p :shock: :? :eek: :twisted: :wink: :!:
:shock: :roll:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log in to stop seeing adverts

Premier League

P Pld Pts
Leicester  9
Liverpool  9
Everton  9
Aston Villa  6
Arsenal  6
Palace  6
Leeds Utd  6
Tottenham   4
Chelsea  4
10 Newcastle Utd  4
11 West Ham Utd  3
12 Brighton  3
13 Manchester City  3
14 Manchester Utd  3
15 Southampton  3
16 Wolves  3
17 West Brom  1
18 Burnley  0
19 Sheffield Utd  0
20 Fulham  0
Top