Bars with food - urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard of "The Lanes" either :102:

I don't think it is called The Lanes.

O'Neills is on Loseby Lane, just off of High Street. Carts Lane goes on to Loseby Lane, so i'm not sure if this is referred to as 'The Lanes' :102:

Last edited:
Leicester Lanes

Lako, I still pronounce myself perplexed and bemused by your suggestions. I have lived in Leicester a LONG time, and was born here. I assume, following Melton's comment that you were jokingly referring to the Lanes, Brighton
If so I wouldn't dream of it. I have to watch my back enough as it is.

Explain yourself better, and treat me with some intelligence and you'll stop getting sarcastic remarks.

I knew you meant "The Lanes" and I knew you meant in Leicester, so, by adding "Leicester Lanes" to try to educate me further is possibly a little bit of a pisstake is it not?

Explain yourself better, and treat me with some intelligence and you'll stop getting sarcastic remarks.

I knew you meant "The Lanes" and I knew you meant in Leicester, so, by adding "Leicester Lanes" to try to educate me further is possibly a little bit of a pisstake is it not?

I came into this thread to try and help someone find somewhere to eat and have a drink. I didn't have to but i did, and if all you can do is make pathetic sarcastc remarks and lie in wait to make yet more un helpful comments then do everyone a favour and dont bother. I will treat you with intelligence when i feel you warrant it, but trust me, this really didn't.

Consty the Leicester lanes are all the small roads and pedestrian areas situated arround the st martins square area.

Last edited:
I came into this thread to try and help someone find somewhere to eat and have a drink. I didn't have to but i did, and if all you can do is make pathetic sarcastc remarks and lie in wait to make yet more un helpful comments than do everyone a favour and dont bother.
Ignorant overdramatic fool.

You have still failed to point out where these lanes are, why they are called so etc despite myself, consty, and Notts all declaring that we don't know. You have helped nobody.

I wasn't lying in wait to make a sarcastic comment, you posted something that was so utterly stupid that it warranted nothing else.

At long last I've found somebody that I can't communicate with due to their intelligence being on a totally different level to mine. I was however expecting it to be in the other direction though.

I know that area very well having worked & drank around there for several years but, I've got to be honest, I've never heard it referred to as 'the lanes'.

I'm not saying that nobody does just that it's the first time I've heard it called that.

Ignorant overdramatic fool.

You have still failed to point out where these lanes are, why they are called so etc despite myself, consty, and Notts all declaring that we don't know. You have helped nobody.

I wasn't lying in wait to make a sarcastic comment, you posted something that was so utterly stupid that it warranted nothing else.

At long last I've found somebody that I can't communicate with due to their intelligence being on a totally different level to mine. I was however expecting it to be in the other direction though.

You really are a self involved wanker Melton, you make things so much more difficult than they have to be, this could have been a normal thread, but no, you can't let certain things slide can you, you always have to have digs at things that when it comes to the crunch don't need them.

I wonder how many posters you are responsible for scaring off thorugh your egotistical, high and mighty attitude (i can already see your response to this).

You may well be more intelligent than me, given your age i would expect as much. But still, give yourself a pat on that back mate, take it a step further and get yourself a trophy and place it on your pristine matlepiece.

Well done Sir.

I know that area very well having worked & drank around there for several years but, I've got to be honest, I've never heard it referred to as 'the lanes'.

I'm not saying that nobody does just that it's the first time I've heard it called that.

Thats fair enough macky, it is simply what i refer to it as, and the many people i know refer to it as.

You really are a self involved wanker Melton, you make things so much more difficult than they have to be, this could have been a normal thread, but no, you can't let certain things slide can you, you always have to have digs at things that when it comes to the crunch don't need them.

I wonder how many posters you are responsible for scaring off thorugh your egotistical, high and mighty attitude (i can already see your response to this).

You may well be more intelligent than me, given your age i would expect as much. But still, give yourself a pat on that back mate, take it a step further and get yourself a trophy and place it on your pristine matlepiece.

Well done Sir.
You made it more difficult by not being able to explain where the lanes were.

As for "self involved", everybody is "self involved", if I'm not involved with myself, I would probably die.

I take it then you are not involved with yourself, and that it is the voices that do your typing?

I would continue this "he said/she said" debate with you, but I fear neither of us would benefit.

Isn't it St.Martins or am I miles away:102:

You made it more difficult by not being able to explain where the lanes were.

As for "self involved", everybody is "self involved", if I'm not involved with myself, I would probably die.

I take it then you are not involved with yourself, and that it is the voices that do your typing?

I would continue this "he said/she said" debate with you, but I fear neither of us would benefit.

:bang: enjoy the rest of your night.

Thats fair enough macky, it is simply what i refer to it as, and the many people i know refer to it as.

Could be a recent thing as well, I moved home 6-7 years ago so it's a while since I was around there.

I think the area was re-vamped a few years ago, and as part of the new marketing for it, it was re-named The Lanes, due to Carts Lane and Loseby Lane being central to the area.

I think, don't take it as gospel :102:

I think the area was re-vamped a few years ago, and as part of the new marketing for it, it was re-named The Lanes, due to Carts Lane and Loseby Lane being central to the area.

I think, don't take it as gospel :102:

I think its an age thing,the younger ones know it as The Lanes,bit of a misunderstanding thats all:102: Of course me being and young happening dude I knew .......:icon_conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669