Bars with food - urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really believe that, I don't think you are qualified to comment on the matter under discussion.

Catchy isn't it Mk ?:)

Ramsey is on Jonathan Ross tonight btw

Last edited:
didn't know that, cheers petal.

I think the area was re-vamped a few years ago, and as part of the new marketing for it, it was re-named The Lanes, due to Carts Lane and Loseby Lane being central to the area.

I think, don't take it as gospel :102:

That's how I understand it MG, there are some crappy signs up too, but you probably wouldnt notice them as they are 25 foot up in the air...:icon_conf

Originally Posted by muzzysgal
Wonder where consty went in the end?

He's been surfing the Brighton websites, he's packing as we speak :icon_lol:

Dear all,
Having established from several of you that high st and roads off it like Loseby Lane etc were best, plus the other recommendation of 'fat cat' (on Belvoir st) that's where we decided to head for.
Passing the Belgian establishment on High St en-route that you may know we decided to have a premeal drink there before going elsewhere as recommended. On leaving, after some debate between 'O'Neills' & 'Fat Cats', we agreed on the latter - only to discover that by the time we got there they had just finished serving meals. We changed plans & budget somewhat & went to 'Las Iguanas' (Latin/Spannish) to eat, finishing off with a drink at Fat Cats. It was all very pleasant indeed.

It seems several like myself had not heard of the area around Looseby Lane described as 'The Lanes' & of course a bit of a row developed over this matter at the time I was supping the Belgian beer on High st. But all is now well, I hope, with peace having broken out once more. I had a happy evening & did not need to detour to that other more well-known 'Lanes' (Brighton), though I know Melton only refers to it in jest - but others may have sincerely meant it(!)

Last edited:
shopping http://www.myleicester.net/leicester/shops-shopping-guide.htm

Now take a deep breath. Have you a map, water and chocolate? If you have then you are fully qualified to head into the lanes, and be prepared to hunt down your quarry, be it Japanese denim or other such desirable purchases. The lanes are a cosmopolitan collection of streets around St Martins Square, and if it's designer style or individuality you are after, then here is one of the best places to spot it.

http://www.arrivastudentguide.co.uk/leicester.html

My advice for Freshers would be to sidestep the big shopping centres and high street stores and head to the Leicester Lanes. This little maze of streets and arcades around St. Martin’s Square is full of small independents, whether you’re looking for clothes, furniture, jewellery or music. Some of the shops are exclusive and expensive but not all – spend an afternoon browsing round (and probably getting lost until you find your bearings) and you are bound to fall in love with the place

http://www.goleicestershire.com/shopping/leicester.asp

This charming, cosmopolitan area of the city centre is a must for all visitors. With its small lanes surrounding the hub of St. Martin's Square itself, it is home to an intriguing variety of independent fashion, interior and gift shops. Look for designer labels in places like Limeys and //net; discover shoe heaven in Solution, Tin Fish and Jade, and wallow in classy interiors and home accessories in Powder Blue, Harlequin and Abode.

http://www.citybreaks.org.uk/fortyeight.php?city=9

Leicester Lanes, a maze of picturesque alleyways and arcades, centred around St Martins Square. Relax with a cappuccino in one of the many trendy cafe's before discovering a wealth of individual shops brimming with designer labels and unusual gifts.

One google search and a couple of clicks.... wasn't difficult, what's the point in arguing over it?

Quite strange to think that somebody has come to Leicester for a city break.

Last edited:
Quite strange to think that somebody has come to Leicester for a city break.

There is normally loads of tourists walking down New Walk every day - there are a couple of posh hotels there.

Anyone whose lived and been brought up in Leicester, wouldn't call em 'The Lanes'. I am gonna become a guide of the city when I am older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48