Confirmed Transfer Beckford loaned to Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Gruntled Member
or is he just (to quote him) "a ****ing liar" ? :icon_bigg

To be fair, that's you being presumptuous. All he said was is that he's a "f*****g liar", those asterisks could mean anything.
Falling, forking, farming, foreleg, fisting, firebug, fencing. Who knows what he was getting at

Cate Fox

To be fair, that's you being presumptuous. All he said was is that he's a "f*****g liar", those asterisks could mean anything.
Falling, forking, farming, foreleg, fisting, firebug, fencing. Who knows what he was getting at

Oh... I am a f*****g idiot.

Profondo Rosso

Starting for 'Udders today.

give_us_a_wave

Matt B: you're wrong because you have no evidence. I'm right because I've made an assumption.

While TOF's hatred for NP can be blinding, there is evidence to suggest Pearson struggles with a certain type of player (the big time Charlie).

I like Pearson, but he does fall out with players.

I agree...& find it worrying.I realise that I'm getting massively ahead of events here but if & when we get to the Prem this aspect of NP's character does make me wonder if he could ever actually manage at that level.Like it or not the big ego type player is a fact of the modern game & you can't get anywhere in the Prem without a certain number of those players in your squad.

Still,lets get promoted first.

Matt_B

I agree...& find it worrying.I realise that I'm getting massively ahead of events here but if & when we get to the Prem this aspect of NP's character does make me wonder if he could ever actually manage at that level.Like it or not the big ego type player is a fact of the modern game & you can't get anywhere in the Prem without a certain number of those players in your squad.

Still,lets get promoted first.

But the fact remains that we have no idea if players like Nugent, King, Morgan etc have an equally big ego (if, in fact, Beckford does) and they are managed fine. People seem to be making a link between some perceived lack of effort on the pitch and a big ego and then an inability to handle it.

Brown Nose

Beckford was not playing, not likely to get a game, and not rated by NP. In this context, why keep him?

I hope his departure has permanent transfer stipulations but none have been reported. I also hope Huddersfield are paying the bulk of his wages.

This is a very similar situation to the one with DJ Campbell and NP has done exactly the same as then.

Personally, I've been really disappointed with Beckford. I thought he was a cracking signing but he's never seemed to be the player I thought he'd be. Apart from the cup tie against Florist, I've never seen anything from him worthy of his price tag, wage or reputation.

Mawsley

I can not believe that Terry South isn't related to Fred West, Oliver North or Trevor East.

Brown Nose

Beckford's first half contributions according to the BBC:

12:13 Jermaine Beckford concedes a free kick for a foul on Piccoli Neuton. Free kick taken by Manuel Almunia.
34:52 Jermaine Beckford challenges Fitz Hall unfairly and gives away a free kick. Nathaniel Chalobah restarts play with the free kick.

So far, same old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670