Speculation Beckford to Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely there is a point when off-loading him to Bolton becomes silly?

If he's going for a zero transfer fee and a fat wallet full of owed wages and loyalty bonus's, why sell him at all? And why sell him to a side that are quite likely to be one of our better challengers this season? Whatever his pros and cons as a footballer and a person, he is better than Waghorn, Vardy and Futacs.

If we are going to get rid at any cost, it should only be to a side that aren't competitors to us. This is becoming a mission on the part of the manager that is not in the clubs best interest at all.

Surely there is a point when off-loading him to Bolton becomes silly?

If he's going for a zero transfer fee and a fat wallet full of owed wages and loyalty bonus's, why sell him at all? And why sell him to a side that are quite likely to be one of our better challengers this season? Whatever his pros and cons as a footballer and a person, he is better than Waghorn, Vardy and Futacs.

If we are going to get rid at any cost, it should only be to a side that aren't competitors to us. This is becoming a mission on the part of the manager that is not in the clubs best interest at all.

Except the fact that we're due to pay Everton more for him if we keep/play him. So offloading him saves us money at least - and it's not like we'll be paying his entire wages.

Of course, the fact that this has been dragging on for a while suggests to me that we actually won't get rid at any cost, and are probably still arguing with Bolton over payment.

Except the fact that we're due to pay Everton more for him if we keep/play him. So offloading him saves us money at least - and it's not like we'll be paying his entire wages.

Of course, the fact that this has been dragging on for a while suggests to me that we actually won't get rid at any cost, and are probably still arguing with Bolton over payment.

and/or with Beckford about owed wages and loyalty bonus'.

I think this 'payment to Everton' is a red herring. Say this payment is a substantial one, of £500k. Well isn't that just about three months wages for Beckford? It really isn't a huge deal in the big picture. I would be very surprised if paying him off wouldn't cost us much more. If the extra game = a payment to Everton is genuine at all, and I've heard nothing official to verify it, why not pay it and get on with it.

We're in an environment where we cannot afford to recruit. Therefore, we should ditch players very carefully. I think off-loading him is only sensible in the right circumstances and the evolving deal with Bolton appears to be getting rather whiffy.

Beckford saga a disaster from start to finish.

Doubtful if he ever wanted to sign (by Sven) for Leicester; badly mishandled by Pearson who has brought in and picked far poorer players; would have been valuable in play offs run in; OTT remuneration; financial liability situation now.

A lose: lose situation which illustrates one of Pearson's weaknesses i.e. he has difficulties with managing certain players (which alongside his lack of tactical awareness means he's not likely to achieve much).

I think this 'payment to Everton' is a red herring. Say this payment is a substantial one, of £500k. Well isn't that just about three months wages for Beckford? It really isn't a huge deal in the big picture. I would be very surprised if paying him off wouldn't cost us much more. If the extra game = a payment to Everton is genuine at all, and I've heard nothing official to verify it, why not pay it and get on with it.

We're in an environment where we cannot afford to recruit. Therefore, we should ditch players very carefully. I think off-loading him is only sensible in the right circumstances and the evolving deal with Bolton appears to be getting rather whiffy.

I've not hear anything official to suggest it's anything but being done sensibly.

Feck me, give me strength. The end of the world is nigh!! I'm all for debate, but when the same thing is said over and over again it gets extremely tedious. It's Leicester City, it's not going to be perfect. If you struggle to cope with things not being perfect, go and support a team at the top of the Premier League.

Feck me, give me strength. The end of the world is nigh!! I'm all for debate, but when the same thing is said over and over again it gets extremely tedious. It's Leicester City, it's not going to be perfect. If you struggle to cope with things not being perfect, go and support a team at the top of the Premier League.

Eh?

Beckford saga a disaster from start to finish.

Doubtful if he ever wanted to sign (by Sven) for Leicester; badly mishandled by Pearson who has brought in and picked far poorer players; would have been valuable in play offs run in; OTT remuneration; financial liability situation now.

A lose: lose situation which illustrates one of Pearson's weaknesses i.e. he has difficulties with managing certain players (which alongside his lack of tactical awareness means he's not likely to achieve much).

Im a bit confused, if you would be so kind as to clear something up for me.

Sven signed a player who we assume never wanted to sign for us, said player then puts in performances that would seem to back this up, under both Sven and Pearson, although his form did initially pick up when Pearson first took over, yet it is mismanagement by Pearson that is to blame? What if Sven had shipped him out on loan and then tried to sell him? Would it be his mismanagement? I think it was very silly of Sven to bring in a player who really didn't want to come, did he not think that the player wouldn't perform and could cause problems in the future? Obviously not. I understand you don't like Pearson, but I feel you are just as biased by your dislike of him as much as those are who like him. Yes he has his weaknesses (his picking of poor players, Vardy and Waghorn to name 2) but he does also have strengths, a league championship and 2 playoffs (in both of which we were a Frenchmans penalty away from the final) in his 3 full seasons with us makes him our most successful manager for a while, like it or not. In fact that is not too different to Billy Davies record for Forest, yet the fans love the grumpy little git. Not much is said about the players who don't seem to have a problem with him, yet as soon as a player becomes unhappy, and it happens at every club, even the biggest and better run clubs, it seems to be Pearsons fault.

What makes you think Beckford would have been valuable in the playoff run in? You've already stated he was 'badly mishandled by Pearson', so why would he then start to perform for him just because it was the playoffs? I think you need to take those anti Pearson glasses off and try for a more balanced view.

I may be thick....... (OK, that's enough time for you to agree!) but, if Beckford didn't want to come to Leicester; why did he? It cannot be to get first team action because, by all accounts, he did not try hard enough to maintain a first team place here. I do not believe that our wage offer would have been significantly larger than Everton were paying and if they had declined to give him a new contract, he would have become a free agent and would, I am sure, have been picked up by a club of Leicester's standing, or higher.

What might have forced Beckford to sign for Leicester? :102:

I just don't get this paying off thing.

Surely if we have to pay off any player who leaves' their full remaining contract it totally contradicts the saving money notion? Surely it would be better to keep that player, get some use from them and gradually pay their contract month by month instead of having to spunk it all out to them in one go or better still, if we have to pay the same if they stay or go, just keep them in the reserves.

I just don't get this paying off thing.

Surely if we have to pay off any player who leaves' their full remaining contract it totally contradicts the saving money notion? Surely it would be better to keep that player, get some use from them and gradually pay their contract month by month instead of having to spunk it all out to them in one go or better still, if we have to pay the same if they stay or go, just keep them in the reserves.

It's unlikely a pay-off will be paid all at once, more likely that it will be paid over the remaining life of the contract. And it's unlikely that it will be for the full amount, maybe it's the difference between what he would get here, and what he's getting at his new club, or maybe there's a negotiated figure that's lower than that.

I just don't get this paying off thing.Surely if we have to pay off any player who leaves' their full remaining contract it totally contradicts the saving money notion? Surely it would be better to keep that player, get some use from them and gradually pay their contract month by month instead of having to spunk it all out to them in one go or better still, if we have to pay the same if they stay or go, just keep them in the reserves.
Squads are limited to 25 players(over 21) so he'd be potentially occupying the berth of a player who could make a more positive contribution. His continued presence could also have a negative effect on team moral.He's got all the cards, best fold and shuffle up again.

Squads are limited to 25 players(over 21) so he'd be potentially occupying the berth of a player who could make a more positive contribution. His continued presence could also have a negative effect on team moral.He's got all the cards, best fold and shuffle up again.

I'm still waiting for the club to take all the misfits on a coach trip over beachy head, it is surely the only sensible option.

It's unlikely a pay-off will be paid all at once, more likely that it will be paid over the remaining life of the contract. And it's unlikely that it will be for the full amount, maybe it's the difference between what he would get here, and what he's getting at his new club, or maybe there's a negotiated figure that's lower than that.

So basically, everyone is guessing then?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570