Speculation Beckford to Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he bulldozed a 'keeper to the ground and slotted home from an acute angle with a man on the line was a real highlight for me.

Not seen a goalscorer like him in a very very long time.

Ferdinand perhaps the better player, but can you think of a more instinctive goalscorer?

Nah I agree actually as after I posted I thought that Ferdinand was more my favourite player (but still amazing considering his age) but couldn't think of anyone else that could have scored as good a goal as the Yaks against Derby.

Where is he playing now?

Nah I agree actually as after I posted I thought that Ferdinand was more my favourite player (but still amazing considering his age) but couldn't think of anyone else that could have scored as good a goal as the Yaks against Derby.

Where is he playing now?

Guangzahn (I think that's what they're called) in China.

It's being reported that Beckford's move to Bolton is off with City having refused to meet the player's compensation demand. With £3M remaining on the final two years of his contract, Beckford was looking for the pay-off to cover the drop in wages at his new club.

Where do we go from here?

Let him rot in the reserves tbh. Surely a transfer isn't a breach of contract so if he wants compensation for nothing then just let him rot.

I know it's expensive but if he isn't going to go because he wants compensation them the whole point of getting him off the wage bill is pointless.

Last edited:
It's being reported that Beckford's move to Bolton is off with City having refused to meet the player's compensation demand. With £3M remaining on the final two years of his contract, Beckford was looking for the pay-off to cover the drop in wages at his new club.

Where do we go from here?

I was told it has been delayed due to Nugent picking up an injury.

Let him rot in the reserves tbh. Surely a transfer isn't a breach of contract so if he wants compensation for nothing then just let him rot.

I know it's expensive but if he isn't going to go because he wants compensation them the whole point of getting him off the wage bill is pointless.

Not quite pointless. If we were to fully compensate him for his losses, we would at least save the amount of money that Bolton will be paying him.

I think it's pretty inarguable that we owe him. We gave him the contract; we now have to pay it.

OTOH the story might be bollocks.

I was told it has been delayed due to Nugent picking up an injury.

If the story that another appearance will trigger a clause in his contract is true, I can't see us playing him even in those circumstances. But who knows what's true in this world?

If the story that another appearance will trigger a clause in his contract is true, I can't see us playing him even in those circumstances. But who knows what's true in this world?

Maybe the injury picked up by Nugent is career ending and his insurance will pay out the rest of his contract so we can afford to pay for Beckford or maybe no team is going to pay Beckford any real salary when they know that City have to.

Maybe the injury picked up by Nugent is career ending and his insurance will pay out the rest of his contract so we can afford to pay for Beckford or maybe no team is going to pay Beckford any real salary when they know that City have to.
It may not be the case here, but I understand that many clubs do not insure against a player getting a career threatening injury, because the cost is just too high. They figure that, taken over a number of years, the salaries that they have to pay to crocked players is less than what the insurance costs would have been. It makes sense really, as insurance companies expect the premiums they receive to cover expected payouts and their profits. Having seen a couple of quotes players have received to self-insure, the premiums are eye-watering, even for your pretty average prem player.

Last edited:
It may not be the case here, but I understand that many clubs do not insure against a player getting a career threatening injury, because the cost is just too high. They figure that, taken over a number of years, the salaries that they have to pay to crocked players is less than what the insurance costs would have been. It makes sense really, as insurance companies expect the premiums they receive to cover expected payouts and their profits. Having seen a couple of quotes players have received to self-insure, the premiums are eye-watering, even for your pretty average prem player.

City did stop insuring players but got stuck with several major payouts and started insuring again but that was years ago, not a clue if they have stopped again.

The post you commented on wasn't supposed to be serious.

A Lancashire news site seems to think that he'll be going on a free transfer.

http://www.clicklancashire.com/spor...-close-in-on-leicester-city-ace-beckford.html

Bolton Wanderers close in on Leicester City ace Beckford

According to reports Leicester City striker Jermaine Beckford may soon be a Bolton Wanderers player.

Bolton News claims Wanderers are within 24 hours of a completing a deal for the former Everton and Leeds United marksman.

It is understood the 29-year-old will be arriving on a free transfer after coming to an agreement with the Foxes on the final two years of his contract.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670