Speculation Beckford to Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Await the official interview when I've no doubt Beckford will make a couple of thinly veiled remarks at the clubs expense.

Await the official interview when I've no doubt Beckford will make a couple of thinly veiled remarks at the clubs expense.

Who cares, city gave him a contract and then refused to play him because of the terms of that contract, if he wants to call city a bunch of c**ts for that he is well within his rights.

Who cares, city gave him a contract and then refused to play him because of the terms of that contract, if he wants to call city a bunch of c**ts for that he is well within his rights.

Really?
For the sake of a few thousand pounds the owners were willing to jeopardise possible promotion through his goals?
Personally, I can't see it.

Really?
For the sake of a few thousand pounds the owners were willing to jeopardise possible promotion through his goals?
Personally, I can't see it.

Was it just a few thousand then? Maybe it would have extended his contract on a higher wage. It could easily have been millions. If we'd got promoted it could possibly have been worth it if he contributed to that, but at a time when we are tightening our belts, extending the contracts of two of our highest earners who aren't deemed good enough seems stupid.

Was it just a few thousand then? Maybe it would have extended his contract on a higher wage. It could easily have been millions. If we'd got promoted it could possibly have been worth it if he contributed to that, but at a time when we are tightening our belts, extending the contracts of two of our highest earners who aren't deemed good enough seems stupid.
Could have been a few thousand, could have been a dozen boxes of monster munch. Who the feck knows?
My point is, after spending millions to try and achieve promotion why would anybody jeopardise
this for a relatively paltry sum to be paid out if a player played one more game.
All sounds bollox to me ;)

Could have been a few thousand, could have been a dozen boxes of monster munch. Who the feck knows?
My point is, after spending millions to try and achieve promotion why would anybody jeopardise
this for a relatively paltry sum to be paid out if a player played one more game.
All sounds bollox to me ;)
Wasn't there a clause in the transfer from Everton that would have inflated the fee massively if he'd played again?

Wasn't there a clause in the transfer from Everton that would have inflated the fee massively if he'd played again?

If that is the case, why did he start at the beginning of last season, and then "dropped", why not get rid before the season started.
It all seems rather speculative. As I said, who the feck knows?

If that is the case, why did he start at the beginning of last season, and then "dropped", why not get rid before the season started.
It all seems rather speculative. As I said, who the feck knows?
This seems rather obvious to me. He had three or four games before the fee went up, so he was given a chance to see if he really was going to turn his form around. He played like a complete donkey so Nige pulled the plug to save a big chunk of cash. This is why he was then immediately loaned out, as the decision had been made that he wasn't going to play for us again as he couldn't prove he was worth the extra investment.

Or should I be looking for a far more cynical version of events that include Glasgow kisses and executive vehicle defecation?

This seems rather obvious to me. He had three or four games before the fee went up, so he was given a chance to see if he really was going to turn his form around.

He only turned up in occassional games the season before last, can't judge on pre season, so give him 4 games of a brand new season when it can take a team 8 - 10 games to settle in.

Doesn't wash for me, so no, it's not obvious.

He only turned up in occassional games the season before last, can't judge on pre season, so give him 4 games of a brand new season when it can take a team 8 - 10 games to settle in.

Doesn't wash for me, so no, it's not obvious.

What was obvious, was not neccessarily his form but the fact that compared to everyone else on the park he was bone idol. Whilst Yakubu never looked the most industrious looking of players, he did make intelligent runs and got into good positions. Beckford however lacked industry, control and vision (or at least the will to get into a good position), a total waste of space, good riddance!

Since someone brought up Yakubu.

****ing hell he was good wasn't he? Best striker we've had in a decade.

I loved him, still do actually. And I love the fact that when some of the high profile players that initially took the Chinese dollars have returned to Europe, the Yak is still out there sticking away the goals and crispy duck.

I'm probably going massively over the top but he's my favourite City player since Muzzy.

Les Ferdinand for me but Yakubu was definitely a higher class than the rest at the time - that goal away at Derby was fantastic!

Not seen a goalscorer like him in a very very long time.

Ferdinand perhaps the better player, but can you think of a more instinctive goalscorer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669