Speculation Ben Marshall to Blackburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

Rumours are circulating that Ben Marshall is about to be sold to Blackburn. Personally I am quite disappointed by this as I had really high hopes for the lad. His delivery and final ball on occasions was sublime, though I guess the main criticism of Ben was that he never performed consistently (or was this because he never played consistently). I would appreciate the thoughts of others.

Started well, turned into another Gallagher. The ability is there but are we willing to hope he goes back to his early form?

Rumours are circulating that Ben Marshall is about to be sold to Blackburn. Personally I am quite disappointed by this .......

I'm more disappointed that he had several decent games, looked the business and then went backwards and became a Sunday league player.

Whether it was down to him or the club I guess we'll never know but at the moment he isn't worth keeping.

Just a thought. Did he go off the boil round about the time he started showing up at the ground in his baby Bentley with personalised number plates? :102:

Could he be accused of not offering enough defensively?

Just a thought. Did he go off the boil round about the time he started showing up at the ground in his baby Bentley with personalised number plates? :102:
We are either paying him too much or he has delusions of grandeur!

I'm more disappointed that he had several decent games, looked the business and then went backwards and became a Sunday league player.

Whether it was down to him or the club I guess we'll never know but at the moment he isn't worth keeping.

Careful now...

I find Blackburn's supposed interest in him rather odd considering they have a number of similar type players.

Always got the feeling something personally is wrong with him. Just a hunch mind. When he left Stoke for City, he was caught out cheating on his current girlfriend.

That said, you'd think playing football would be a release.

Last edited:
i'd loan out waghorn and keep hold of Marshall. When you are losing a game and/or are struggling to break down the opposition you need people who can cross the ball, score spectacular goals or act as a target man. Marshall can do 2 of those 3 when on form. Waghorn can do none of them - so i'd keep hold of Marshall and work on him in TRAINING (do they do any of that to try and get the best out of fringe players these days?)
Are they having a memorial service for Futacs at any point? Would like to go and pay my respects.

we perservered with James , gave him time and he came good, Marshall has talent hes 21 why sell him, ok hes out of form for whatever reason, not a good enough reason to get rid IMO

If every player is, presumably, available then I'm happier it is him than about 10 other players we have on the books.

In a non-FFP world he'd be a nice luxury to have around, but in the current climate he's a bit of a luxury and doesn't (yet) show enough ROI.

Can't we sell them Gally instead?

i agree is hes on good money (and we need to offload) there are others ahead of him worth saving,however as he is a recent signing i doubt hes on silly money

i agree is hes on good money (and we need to offload) there are others ahead of him worth saving,however as he is a recent signing i doubt hes on silly money
Anyone who drives a Bentley is on silly money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570