Speculation Ben Marshall to Blackburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasper is important to the team, Marshall isn't. Especially if we are sticking with 433 or 532.

Creative players are always important to a team wanting to push on. Also different players to who are on the pitch for when things aren't going to plan or the opposition are exposing our weaknesses are important. All games this season we have changed formation from either of the given and it has produce positive results so we need alternatives.

Creative players are always important to a team wanting to push on. Also different players to who are on the pitch for when things aren't going to plan or the opposition are exposing our weaknesses are important. All games this season we have changed formation from either of the given and it has produce positive results so we need alternatives.
Yes, we need alternatives. But of the alternatives of who to let go, Ben is obviously easier to let go then Kasper

Yes, we need alternatives. But of the alternatives of who to let go, Ben is obviously easier to let go then Kasper

To be fair I agree with that but we really should have shipped out the likes of Gallagher and Danns first.

Marshall is someone that could offer us something different and at his age, he is far from near the scrap heap but will still get a cracker or 2 at the King Power this season.

Marshall has looked like he has a real attitude problem in the last year or so, every performance I have seen from him since Chelsea away has been below average and he certainly has not looked like he wants to be here, there is a reason we are selling and it's not because he's an inconsistent youngster with promise.

To be fair I agree with that but we really should have shipped out the likes of Gallagher and Danns first.

Marshall is someone that could offer us something different and at his age, he is far from near the scrap heap but will still get a cracker or 2 at the King Power this season.
And to be fair back I agree with that but they aren't easy to get rid off obviously.

Surely you understand that people want to take Marshall and nobody wants Danns or Gallagher?

I won't miss Marshall. He was shite when he first joined, then had a wonderful spell for a few games where he was unplayable. Last season there was so much expectation but he was totally anonymous and he's clearly nowhere near the first eleven this season.

The decision to move him on will be proved good or bad by how he does over the next few years. He's got talent, but there is clearly something not right about the lad. Is he a billy-big-bollocks, does he have personal issues, does he not get on with players/management, did he just not settle here? Time may tell.

There are rumours that he doesn't get on well with big Nige.

If he hasn't asked for the transfer though, we still have to pay him. Allegedly.

There's no allegedly about it. We have to make sure that he is no worse off than he would have been if he had stayed at the club. I'm surprised to hear we have got £1M for him.

Last edited:
If he hasn't asked for the transfer though, we still have to pay him. Allegedly.

You keep saying this, are you deliberately being awkward or do you really not get it?

If we sell a player without him asking for a transfer, we would have to pay him any loyalty bonus payment due if he'd stayed to the end of his contract. That's a bonus, not wages.

If we want to get rid of someone, but the only clubs interested in him can't match what he's currently earning, we might offer to pay the difference to encourage him to leave. But we would only do that if we're desperate to get rid, and some players are prepared to take a drop if they think it will benefit their career, or if it means they get a longer contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566