Speculation Ben Marshall to Blackburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
The company next to my old office used to rent out Bentleys, most of the guys who drove them weren't on silly money
Any young football player who drives a brand new Bentley with personalised number plates is on silly money.

Better?

Any young football player who drives a brand new Bentley with personalised number plates is on silly money.

Better?

:icon_bigg They might just have strange priorities, the guy who wanted to buy our house from us so that he could move out of his part ownership social housing changed his mind and bought a porsche 911 instead.

Marshall came from Stoke Reserves though and we were competing against Wednesday who were in League 1 at the time for his signature.

He may well get a lot compared to all of us but I'd be confident in saying he would be one of the lesser paid players and his wages should be perfectly managable for FFP.

Danns & Gally are the 2 we need out for FFP, even more so when they aren't offering us anything.

If we can sell him, along with the idea that he can turn into something good, we could get some decent monies. Also, i'm sure he is one of the highest paid players festering on the bench.

Pearson won't sell him unless he gets a good sum of money.

Had a medical at Blackburn today ahead of completing a move for around £1M according to John Percy.

Last edited:
The company next to my old office used to rent out Bentleys, most of the guys who drove them weren't on silly money

I'd imagine that's the reason they were hiring them and not buying them

Massive shame if it goes through and definitely needs to be re-invested.

He's still only 21, surely a level on inconsistency is to be expected! Considering that are other wingers are also inconsistent (Knockaert), getting on (Dyer) or both (Gallagher), I would like to see us persist with him.

Shame about the FFP

If we really needed to save ~£625k pa on wages then Kasper would have been driven to Hull by the club when the money was under their noses.

Our right midfield now consists of Paul Gallagher, who isn't really a right midfielder. Sad times imo.

He's still only 21, surely a level on inconsistency is to be expected! Considering that are other wingers are also inconsistent (Knockaert), getting on (Dyer) or both (Gallagher), I would like to see us persist with him.

If he's on the salary he is reported to be and someone is offering a million then it's an easy choice I'm afraid.

If we really needed to save ~£625k pa on wages then Kasper would have been driven to Hull by the club when the money was under their noses.

Our right midfield now consists of Paul Gallagher, who isn't really a right midfielder. Sad times imo.

Kasper is important to the team, Marshall isn't. Especially if we are sticking with 433 or 532.

If he's on the salary he is reported to be and someone is offering a million then it's an easy choice I'm afraid.

If he hasn't asked for the transfer though, we still have to pay him. Allegedly.

The big difference between Kasper and Marshall is that Kasper is first choice goalkeeper and a lynch pin, while young Ben is third choice (at best) right winger. Easier to let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669