Best ever Lcfc player

Status
Not open for further replies.
ormondroydian19931024nfxf4.jpg

Ormandroyd, Ormandroyd, flying down the wing,
Ormandroyd, Ormandroyd, strange looking thing,
Pass him the ball,
Gosh he was tall, Ormandroyd, Ormandroy:038:d.

Best ever LCFC chant ever. FACT!

Allan Clarke..Oh he was sooo close to a goal in the 1969 cup final.he was a steal when we bought him then went to Leeds and did the business there for a good few years,but how about from round about that era...Stringfellow always seemed to score against Liverpool..

Whilst I am inclined to select Worthington, Keith Weller runs him a very close second. A hairs breadth behind are Banks & Shilton.

Gary Coatsworth

:icon_roll

How can you say that Shilton is better than Worthington, Lineker, Rowley, or Walsh- or the other way round? They played in different eras and different positions, all you're going to get into by discussing this is an arguement!

Agreed.

Impossible to compare across the generations or a goal keeper and a striker.

In terms of career achievement with international recognition, you would have to be looking at Banks, Shilton and Lineker (in no particular order).

In terms of entertainment there is Weller and Worthington. I also think Davie Gibson was an excellent skilful 'inside forward' and Len Glover and Mal Griffiths were classic, old fashioned wingers.

In terms of goal scoring: Chandler and Rowley.

In terms of Leicester City stalwarts, you have the likes of Adam Black, Sep Smith, Colin Appleton and of course Steve Walsh.

It's sad that none of the present squad will ever be memorable - except for being about the worst in the club's history.

I could be wrong, but isn't he the only player to have played for Leicester City that has a European Cup winners medal? :102:

EDIT: Just thought, did Roberto Mancini ever win the European Cup as a player?

Last edited:
No. Gary Mills had one.

Is that it though, or do you know of any others?

Quite ironic how he was considered, at the time, to be one of the worst goalkeepers to keep nets for LCFC, only for him to go on to be a Champions League winner! :eek:

Cheers for that though Jeff, always wanted to know if there were any others! :023:

Peter shilton twice at F****T

Last edited:
Allan Clarke..Oh he was sooo close to a goal in the 1969 cup final.he was a steal when we bought him then went to Leeds and did the business there for a good few years,but how about from round about that era...Stringfellow always seemed to score against Liverpool..

You could hardly describe him as a "steal" when the transfer fee broke the national record at that time.

Allan Evans got 1 at Villa (1982)

Last edited:
You could hardly describe him as a "steal" when the transfer fee broke the national record at that time.

It's worst than that.

In his one season with us (1969?) - he put in decreasing efforts as we became embroiled in the relegation mire. He made it very clear that he wanted out. As I recall we were looking to a very young Ally Brown to get the goals to save us in the league games after the FA Cup Final. It all ended of course in disappointment at Old Trafford in the last game where we needed to win - lost of course after taking an early lead.

I would say he was a great disappointment at Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566