Bid for Fryatt - or is it bull ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Stearman, I have no idea why he played so crap. Possibly because it was his first year of moving from home or possibly because he was praised so much and rated so highly that Sunderland wanted him its all ifs and buts.

Or possibly that he was over-rated to begin with, and then he discovered the joys of poncing around in his car and going out on the piss and forgot the desire to play football.

He didn't realise that you have to make an effort during the week as well as on a Saturday.

Just keep him, he just needs time to play, so many injuries :(, glad leicester rejected it, saw it on sky s news

I like him and would be happy for him to stay, but if the right price was offered, we'd have to seriously consider it. If we did sell him, I'd hope we'd bring in another striker though.

(I also remember he didn't half take some persueding to come here in the first place;))

I totally agree with the pro Fryatt sentiments expressesd. I would have been much more happy to have heard the simple phrase 'he's not for sale!'

His performances last season I feel were down to an inept middlefield and defence constantly hoofing the ball up into the air to him together with injury and subsequent understandable lack of fitness problems (this icludes Kisnorbo who, whilst he doesn't lack application, does lack the basic skill to pass a ball other than via the clouds). Fryatt WILL in my opinion become a really good player. If he's sold I think it say's more about MM and MA (more the former as I don't think MA has much of a say in anything). The signings so far wreek about trying to do something on the cheap. £7M from sponsorship, possibly trying to claw cash in on a great young assest whilst bringing in doubtful quality and risky free transfers, who lets face, won't have much of a sell on value, what do you read into it? Todorov probably didn't come as he saw the other crap signings he'd have to play alongside!

It's probably just me!

Cheers.

More right than wrong...but to be fair Milan (as you infer, MA is probably merely the cat's paw) obviously decided that he needed to bring in lots of new players which means a big increase in the wage bill...so the attempts to mitigate the financial effects are understandable.

Martin O'Neill was no mug and as soon as he came in he got rid asap. Joachim was still a young man and was a £5m prospect the season before. Within months he wasn't worth a penny. I don't want to take the risk of Fryatt being in the same mould.

If he wasn't worth a penny how did we get £1.5 million for him?

A couple of years after we sold Joachim he scored 16 goals in a season for Villa, and I think he was their player of the season. So whatever was wrong with him obviously wasn't that serious.

I think the real reason O'Neill sold him was because he wanted to make changes to the team and he needed the money. Maybe without selling Joachim we wouldn't have got Izzet and Claridge.

So who knows, maybe selling Fryatt and Stearman, might just herald a new dawn!

I don't know if anyone saw the Daily Express today....:102:

It said that Wolves had a £900k bid rejected for Fryatt and have put in a new one for over a million sqiud.

I don't know if anyone saw the Daily Express today....:102:

It said that Wolves had a £900k bid rejected for Fryatt and have put in a new one for over a million sqiud.

Apparently they are still interested, and with Wolves major investment I imagine the bidding would not stop from their first offer. If they still want him they will get him.

****ing hell they want every single striker in the league, it's expensive but it will probably mean they do get promoted.

****ing hell they want every single striker in the league, it's expensive but it will probably mean they do get promoted.

Wolves strikers:

Bothroyd
Jemal Johnson- Transfer listed
Stephen Ward
Frankowski- Transfer listed
Keogh
Eastwood

Mick has also apparently said he wants another one, being so he missed out on Sharp as well.

:eek: are you joking? I know three Wolves season ticket holders and each one of them say he is one of the worst players they have seen in their life!

Well ask the Polish fans when he inspired them to qualifying of the World Cup in 2002 and then ask the Wisla Krakow fans when his goals against the likes of Lazio and Parma led them to UEFA Cup Quarter-Finals.

He's a good player who was ruined by Hoddle and then made a scapegoat.

Has a temper too - so when he started to get barracked, he shot it.

if the club can get a few quid for Fryatt, let the bastard go there.

I want us to keep Fryatt until Christmas. If MM hasn't turned him round by then, put him on the list. The reason I say this is because Fryatt is probably a better striker than anyone else we're likely to sign before the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669