Bigots...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their members,who all pay tax in this country.
Big difference if you ask me.
So you think Cameron associating with successful businessmen, who use all (currently) legal means to maximise their revenues, is worse than Brown who has failed to close the off-shore loopholes in his 13 years, whose financial policies put us in recession, and who has taken our tax money and given it to the failed banks to enable fat cat bonuses?

So you think Cameron associating with successful businessmen, who use all (currently) legal means to maximise their revenues, is worse than Brown who has failed to close the off-shore loopholes in his 13 years, whose financial policies put us in recession, and who has taken our tax money and given it to the failed banks to enable fat cat bonuses?

Yes.

Northern Rock is viable again and will be paying the tax payer back, as will lloyds (at a profit ) with its shares.

If it was up to Cameron and Osbourne, with their do nothing approach to the world recession and supporting the banks, we would be in a depression not a recession. Also what do you feel about the tax break for multi-millionaires and bringing back fox hunting that the Tories are proposing.

Progressive party my arse.

Last edited:
If it was up to Cameron and Osbourne, with their do nothing approach to the world recession and supporting the banks, we would be in a depression not a recession. Also what do you feel about the tax break for multi-millionaires and bringing back fox hunting that the Tories are proposing.

Progressive party my arse.
Whether Cameron and Osbourne would do any better is speculative. Brown taking us into recession after promising no boom and bust is a fact.

You seem obsessed with a small minority of the population in terms of tax revenues. The amount they may or may not avoid paying is insignificant next to the amount of jobs they create and revenue that delivers to the economy. Lord Ashcroft has created thousands of jobs in the cleaning, car and security industry, as well as financially supporting (42% shareholder) Watford FC. He also founded and is chairman of Crimestoppers (gotta love Wiki). Perhaps he is a sharp accountant, but what good businessman isn't.

This isn't personal, and I've said it before, foxes are vermin.

I'm pretty sure that's the point Fitz was trying to make...

Fitz's name being a clue :) I'm baffled that anyone with an Irish name can come out with such nonsense, if a family member of mine came out with it I'd cry with shame or twat the thick Paddy shite

Forgive my ignorance but isn't it a global recession and not one necessarily caused by the current government? :102:

Forgive my ignorance but isn't it a global recession and not one necessarily caused by the current government? :102:
That's the spin they put on it.
However, banks in this country got into trouble providing mortgages in this country, to people who couldn't afford to pay them back whilst the government of this country relaxed our banking rules to allow them to do it. Didn't happen in Scandinavia, France etc.
Global Recession was a term coined by Brown to devolve responsibility.

My view on the banking issue is (having worked for a building society that gambled big and lost) mainly down to the number of competitors in that market. Greed has been a major factor but having seen operation first hand, its a surprise the fight for money hasn't lost an institution a day...a fight not of greed but the need to stay afloat.

Whether Cameron and Osbourne would do any better is speculative. Brown taking us into recession after promising no boom and bust is a fact.

You seem obsessed with a small minority of the population in terms of tax revenues. The amount they may or may not avoid paying is insignificant next to the amount of jobs they create and revenue that delivers to the economy. Lord Ashcroft has created thousands of jobs in the cleaning, car and security industry, as well as financially supporting (42% shareholder) Watford FC. He also founded and is chairman of Crimestoppers (gotta love Wiki). Perhaps he is a sharp accountant, but what good businessman isn't.

This isn't personal, and I've said it before, foxes are vermin.

I completely agree with this point. I often feel as though the Labour activists don't understand that to have a successful economy, you have to have rich people employing the less rich.

If Ashcroft hadn't of employed the thousands of people he does, then these people may be on the dole, draining tax revenues. These people wouldn't have had very little disposable income, so the money they put back into the economy would have been reduced, meaning other shops & businesses make less, again reducing tax revenues and the number of employees those businesses require and so forth.

Meanwhile, the unions that prop up the Labour party are strangling good businesses such as BA when their employees have the best working conditions and the best pay in the industry. I expect BA going under would cost a lot more tax than Lord Ashcroft, but I don't see the Labour party trying to resolve this situation because they can't piss off their pay masters.

I completely agree with this point. I often feel as though the Labour activists don't understand that to have a successful economy, you have to have rich people employing the less rich.

The rich get rich by exploiting the less rich. And those less rich are expected to pay the right tax on their earnings. So why should the rich be allowed to avoid tax, just because they can afford expensive accountants who can find loopholes?

The rich get rich by exploiting the less rich. And those less rich are expected to pay the right tax on their earnings. So why should the rich be allowed to avoid tax, just because they can afford expensive accountants who can find loopholes?

Tories are infatuated with money and power. Nicholas Soames voted against the minimum wage but trousered £1000 an hour in a second job.

Well in essence its the 'American Dream'. People who have enough about them can become rich. I don't think people should avoid tax, I just don't think that Labour should go on about Lord Ashcroft like it's more important than Brown screwing up the economy.

I'm not rich but I am self employed. I expect my accountant to allow me to pay the minimum amount of tax possible. There's nothing wrong with that.

Tories are infatuated with money and power. Nicholas Soames voted against the minimum wage but trousered £1000 an hour in a second job.

Dragon Oil doing well?

I'm not rich but I am self employed. I expect my accountant to allow me to pay the minimum amount of tax possible. There's nothing wrong with that.

I imagine Labour should have checked his tax status before making him a Lord, rather than just taking the Tories word for it.

No wonder immigration is such a problem in this country.

That's a whole can of worms right there.

In some areas, yes, putting pressure on local services and councils, in others not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669