Billy Davies in City Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norfolkfox

I someone taking the P***

Several English tabloids reports today that Billy Davies is close to the axe at Derby. But so far the Derby board is backing their manager.

Davies took Derby up to the Premiership in his first season in charge at Pride Park, but life has been difficult to cope with at the highest level.

If Davies gets the axe or steps down, Leicester could be interested in his services. Davies has a playing career behind him at Leicester. He played only six league games at Filbert Street, before returning to Scotland and continue his career with Dunfirmline.

Davies has been one of a group of Scottish managers that at the moment is building a great reputation south of the border. Sir Alex Ferguson is of course in a class by himself, but other managers such as David Moyes is also representing Scotland with style.

Leicester City is at the moment without a manager, and their former player Davies, could be an option, if things doesn't work out for him at Derby.

.:098::098::098::098::098: Sheep Shagger!!!

If you would turn down Davies on the basis that he is ex Derby then my friend, you are a class A not-right

I someone taking the P***

Several English tabloids reports today that Billy Davies is close to the axe at Derby. But so far the Derby board is backing their manager.

Davies took Derby up to the Premiership in his first season in charge at Pride Park, but life has been difficult to cope with at the highest level.

If Davies gets the axe or steps down, Leicester could be interested in his services. Davies has a playing career behind him at Leicester. He played only six league games at Filbert Street, before returning to Scotland and continue his career with Dunfirmline.

Davies has been one of a group of Scottish managers that at the moment is building a great reputation south of the border. Sir Alex Ferguson is of course in a class by himself, but other managers such as David Moyes is also representing Scotland with style.

Leicester City is at the moment without a manager, and their former player Davies, could be an option, if things doesn't work out for him at Derby.

.:098::098::098::098::098: Sheep Shagger!!!

Ye cos no one would want him here:icon_roll

So he's ex City but hardly memorable to me?

A good Manager
Look who he has bought in Pre Season?
Just lost 6-0
Even Sunderland who also bought crap have not last 6-0
He might be Scottish but that's where the link to Ferguson's quality ends..

A good Manager
Look who he has bought in Pre Season?
Just lost 6-0

:icon_roll

He has signed the best players possible to him. World all-stars aren't going to be queuing up to sign for Derby are they.

Liverpool are probably the best attacking team in the Premiership, it's hardly no surprise that they won by such a huge margin.

The difference between Premiership and Championship football is huge, the players have got to adapt, this has got absolutely feck all to do with him being a bad manager.

Would I have Billy Davies as my Leicester City manager? Any day of the week.

Ok clever clogs

Davies played 6 frigging times for City in 1990.
What's that got to do with O'Neill
He was brilliant!
Billy Davis Managerial record - win percentage 41%
Only won 116 out of 278 as a manager
That is not good enough for City
:018:

Ok clever clogs

Davies played 6 frigging times for City in 1990.
What's that got to do with O'Neill
He was brilliant!
Billy Davis Managerial record - win percentage 41%
Only won 116 out of 278 as a manager
That is not good enough for City
:018:

You suggested ya dint want davies because hes from derby. O'neill was a forest legend.

Hang on Sunderland lost 1-0 at Man Utd and Beat Spurs.
Don't see them signing multi millionaires either.
I think Man Utd fans would dispute your Liverpool facts! Who scored more goals last season!!!
I'll also bet that Arsenal score more than Liverpool this year!!

Didn't know that!!!:icon_lol:

There is a slight difference when they come straight from Derby to Leicester.

Got you talikng if nothing else.

Back to the real reasons his record. Not particularly good.

Experience of Motherwell Preston and Derby - 3 tiny clubs.

:081::081::081::081::081:

Didn't know that!!!:icon_lol:

There is a slight difference when they come straight from Derby to Leicester.

Got you talikng if nothing else.

Back to the real reasons his record. Not particularly good.

Experience of Motherwell Preston and Derby - 3 tiny clubs.

:081::081::081::081::081:

O'neill was wycome (SP) and norwich manager. Big clubs??

Just had to check that I hadn't logged on to knobhead.co.norfolk.

Billy Davies is head and shoulders above any manager we have had here recently and I would welcome him with open arms. Who, precisely, with a better record than Davies, do you think can be persuaded to come here. Wenger, Ferguson, Capello??????

O'neill was wycome (SP) and norwich manager. Big clubs??

Forget Norwich as he was only there for 20 days
Come on Wycombe are bigger than Derby:081: Anyway he won almost half the games there.
My point is we need someone with a pedigree.
MM has stated he wants a manager with prem experience. That does not mean experiece of being battered!!!:038:

Forget Norwich as he was only there for 20 days
Come on Wycombe are bigger than Derby:081: Anyway he won almost half the games there.
My point is we need someone with a pedigree.
MM has stated he wants a manager with prem experience. That does not mean experiece of being battered!!!:038:

Refer to nn's post

Just had to check that I hadn't logged on to knobhead.co.norfolk.

Billy Davies is head and shoulders above any manager we have had here recently and I would welcome him with open arms. Who, precisely, with a better record than Davies, do you think can be persuaded to come here. Wenger, Ferguson, Capello??????

Er George Burley, Ipswich in the top flight for Years knob head
Er Paul Jewel - Got Wigan up and Stayed up which is more than Derby will do?

Thats two in 20 seconds - Want any more Brain cell!:018::056:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670