Billy Davies in City Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in fact we might be best shutting the forum down until we have a new manager

get your facts right. They reached the play offs and lost, the next season they were nearly relegated, BD took over and get them up the next season.

Genious I never said they won in the Playoffs?
Look what Burley did at hearts too. I rest my case.:icon_cool

Genious I never said they won in the Playoffs?
Look what Burley did at hearts too. I rest my case.:icon_cool

It's genius mate. Well done for managing to spell it wrong even when its already written down correctly in front of you though. :icon_wink

It's genius mate. Well done for managing to spell it wrong even when its already written down correctly in front of you though. :icon_wink

Just shows you how much time I'm affording your dribble! :icon_eek:

Er George Burley, Ipswich in the top flight for Years knob head
Er Paul Jewel - Got Wigan up and Stayed up which is more than Derby will do?

Thats two in 20 seconds - Want any more Brain cell!:018::056:

Errr WTF:icon_lol:

Good call Thread ended....................
If everyone's in agreement
It's been emotional...

A good Manager
Look who he has bought in Pre Season?
Just lost 6-0
Even Sunderland who also bought crap have not last 6-0
He might be Scottish but that's where the link to Ferguson's quality ends..

Well we not concerned about his ability in the premier right now we need to get there first, his experience in this division is outstanding, I am sure if he doesnt perform after promotion MM would react fast enough to get someone else in after promotion.

Last edited:
I cant believe that people slag of peter reid and say he is shit when he got promoted twice with sunderland once with record points was unlucky to lose in a play off final then had two seventh place finishes in the prem and when he was sacked they were still in the prem and yet people want billy davies who has done **** all apart from one play off promotion oh and dont forget shouting at refs untill they do what he wants and his speciallity which of course is making teams play shite negative football.

I cant believe that people slag of peter reid and say he is shit when he got promoted twice with sunderland once with record points was unlucky to lose in a play off final then had two seventh place finishes in the prem and when he was sacked they were still in the prem and yet people want billy davies who has done **** all apart from one play off promotion oh and dont forget shouting at refs untill they do what he wants and his speciallity which of course is making teams play shite negative football.

Sums it up nicely! Maybe the thread should finally end on that beautiful note! :038:

in fact we might be best shutting the forum down until we have a new manager

or even a decent manager.

One of the reasons why people are fed up with this thread is frustration that quality candidates are not rushing to throw in their hats for this vacancy.

Billy Davies did well to get Derby promoted; has found it next to impossible to bring in players of the quality to close the gap between championship and premiership football; must know that Derby are virtually certain to be relegated......but why would he switch to Leicester?

In the highly unlikely event of us being promoted this season what sort of chance would we have of survival. Even if Milan (or a new owner) put up £30m for new players, how easy would it be to buy quality. In these circs I can't see Billy Davies being interested especially if Milan sticks to his requirement for promotion this year.

Has this thread ended yet?

but Davies & Kelly (as in David) really wanted the Leicester job when Levein got it.

source erm, another radio presenter but more local (at that time)

Ok clever clogs

Davies played 6 frigging times for City in 1990.
What's that got to do with O'Neill
He was brilliant!
Billy Davis Managerial record - win percentage 41%
Only won 116 out of 278 as a manager
That is not good enough for City
:018:

O'Neill had only a 46 percentage at Wycombe, 45 at Norwich and so far 32% at Villa. Not to mention only 38% here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolkfox
Ok clever clogs

Davies played 6 frigging times for City in 1990.
What's that got to do with O'Neill
He was brilliant!
Billy Davis Managerial record - win percentage 41%
Only won 116 out of 278 as a manager
That is not good enough for City

I think anything over 40% is a good record, if you look at this analysis:

http://foxestrust.co.uk/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=293&Itemid=2

It's a better record than Warnock or Roeder and the same as Jewell who most seemed to identify as ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669