Billy Davies in City Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I someone taking the P***

Yes, I think you are.

Several English tabloids reports today that Billy Davies is close to the axe at Derby. But so far the Derby board is backing their manager.

Davies took Derby up to the Premiership in his first season in charge at Pride Park, but life has been difficult to cope with at the highest level.

If Davies gets the axe or steps down, Leicester could be interested in his services. Davies has a playing career behind him at Leicester. He played only six league games at Filbert Street, before returning to Scotland and continue his career with Dunfirmline.

Davies has been one of a group of Scottish managers that at the moment is building a great reputation south of the border. Sir Alex Ferguson is of course in a class by himself, but other managers such as David Moyes is also representing Scotland with style.

Leicester City is at the moment without a manager, and their former player Davies, could be an option, if things doesn't work out for him at Derby.

Have you copied this from somewhere?
It really doesn't look as if you wrote it yourself.

.:098::098::098::098::098: Sheep Shagger!!!

That is just f*cking idiotic.
If Billy Davies is set on as City manager I would be delighted.

Yes, I think you are.

Have you copied this from somewhere?
It really doesn't look as if you wrote it yourself.

That is just f*cking idiotic.
If Billy Davies is set on as City manager I would be delighted.

Yes got it on line a minute ago!

Er George Burley, Ipswich in the top flight for Years knob head
Er Paul Jewel - Got Wigan up and Stayed up which is more than Derby will do?

Thats two in 20 seconds - Want any more Brain cell!:018::056:

Burley, ex Derby manager therefore on your own criteria is discounted.
Jewell, has repeatedly said that he is not ready to return to football yet and when he is he will wait for an offer from a Premiership club.

Any more??

If you would turn down Davies on the basis that he is ex Derby then my friend, you are a class A not-right

Very harsh but true. :icon_sad: Davies is a footballing managerial prostitute. However he is also highly effective in that role and I for one would overlook the way in which the game is played under Davies and expect him to deliver what he has done in the past. ;)

I wouldnt mind Davies as manager but I can`t see it happening because surely if he was to be sacked from the Shaggers then he would want a pay off also MM has stated that he expects to have a manager in place for the QPR game so i personally think that is just another Bullplop Rumour.

Jewell, has repeatedly said that he is not ready to return to football yet and when he is he will wait for an offer from a Premiership club.

Any more??

Guess we'll have to give it to Billy then? You win :081::081::081::098:
keep an eye on Ruud Gullet though!

Guess we'll have to give it to Billy then? You win :081::081::081::098:
keep an eye on Ruud Gullet though!

It is nothing personal. ;) :icon_bigg Any poster coming up with the kind of crap you accidentally misrepresented yourself with would have been as equally and ruthlessly ripped to shreds as your original suggestion was. ;)

It is nothing personal. ;) :icon_bigg Any poster coming up with the kind of crap you accidentally misrepresented yourself with would have been as equally and ruthlessly ripped to shreds as your original suggestion was. ;)

Thanks for the feednback
Sometimes controversy is the best form of debate:056:
I didn't mind the attacks, I expected them.
Still hate Derby though!:038:

No problem with Billy - he only has to get us to the Prem like he did with D*rby. MM will then get rid of him!

Hang on Sunderland lost 1-0 at Man Utd and Beat Spurs.
Don't see them signing multi millionaires either.
I think Man Utd fans would dispute your Liverpool facts! Who scored more goals last season!!!
I'll also bet that Arsenal score more than Liverpool this year!!

That 9million goalkeeper was a steal at whatever they paid for him? how much was that norfolk fox?

Are you Peter Reid?

The only thing that he's shown this season is that he doesn't know how to survive in the prem. His signings have been bollocks, plus from the way he talks he still seems surprised to be in the premiership to be honest.

****ing love it, you lot are practically ejaculating over the prospect of a derby manager joining city, how ****ing pathetic.

It will never happen so go back to sleep and enjoy your wet dreams.

Oh and what exactly has BD done that makes you want to take his load on your face.

He's won **** all.

The only thing that he's shown this season is that he doesn't know how to survive in the prem. His signings have been bollocks, plus from the way he talks he still seems surprised to be in the premiership to be honest.

You are absolutely right, how could we even contemplate such an absolute loser?
WE are better off managerless than that sheep shagger reject. :icon_roll

We do not need him to survive in the Prem. MM will get another manager then. We just need him to do what he did last season with D*rby - get us IN the Prem!

I know that it's boring, but calm cown lads. Billy Davies, George Burley and Paul Jewell may, or may not, be good managers for Leicester City. That is conjecture. The one fact that we all know is that none of them are going to be given the role in the next few days. The same goes for Dowie; why should Coventry release him?
Peter Reid is being pushed but I pesume that Milan will see through this and realise that he is a spent force, Roeder doesn't tick the boxes and Calderwood & Sturridge seem to be using the situation to garner support from their current chairmen.
I still suspect that it will be someone that we have not considered but of the discussed contenders, I think Colin is the only realistic possibility.

Any more??

Not according to TEAMtalk:

Leicester are without a manager since the sacking of Martin Allen, while Derby boss Billy Davies is under pressure following a poor start to the Premier League season.

Jewell, however, said he is not actively looking for a job but would consider any offer made to him.

He said: "You can't stop people writing things but I have not been offered any job.

"I am not even actively seeking a new job at the moment, although of course I would consider something if it was offered to me."

Jewell was speaking at a Professional Footballers Association Centenary event at Haydock Races to raise money for Manchester Children's Hospital.

I have been speaking to someone I know that works at a national radio station and he says that he has heard from a decent source that Jewell is the only one to have been offered the role with us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670