Post Match Birmingham City 1 Leicester City 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo. This not wearing pants malarkey is great, Leicester win and I feel free and easy (albeit a bit cold in these here mountains).

I suppose it is possible Lloyd is upset.

Possibly our player of the year, having a belting season...gets offered a one year deal while they sign a young player in his position on a 3 year deal.

I will do a round up tomorrow but Dyer was more than valid with his moan. Knocky was pretty poor tonight (against possibly the worst player I have ever seen in this division) and Lloyd was in great nick.

I will do a round up tomorrow but Dyer was more than valid with his moan. Knocky was pretty poor tonight (against possibly the worst player I have ever seen in this division) and Lloyd was in great nick.

Good to see players care and want to be involved.

Dyer has been in great nick this season. Improve the final ball, mix up his decision making (and reduce those moments where you're hanging on whether it's going to be good or bad Dyer) and he'll continue be one of the first names on the team sheet.

If Mahrez can play on the left and right, covering for Knocky too - then even better.

Last edited:
Yeahdjsjdk!!!

I think this image just emulates the confidence and good times at the club at the moment:

5748318-large.jpg

Love the Brum fan in the background giving it the old "feck off". HAHAAH!

Well, I can't confirm, no. But it was reported as such.

I'm connecting a lot of dots that may not exist.

I find it interesting that Dyer has never spoken to the media since he's been here as far as I can tell and always dodges radio or tv interviews yet all of a sudden is handing out newspaper interviews about contracts. Seems unlikely.

They have the poorest center half partnership I think I've every seen

Packwood looked absolutely awful, the worst professional player I have seen for a few years.

Hearing Nigel post-match saying the first half is the best 45 minutes we've played all season is the first time I can recall him sounding emotional.

He must have been really impressed and proud of his players.

Won at a canter without wishing to sound arrogant. Always felt we had another gear. Defence largely untroubled, even Konchesky kept Burke quiet. James was excellent in midfield and Dyer in good form too. Vardy and Nugent often taking advantage of a terrible Brum back 4.

Hard to tell if we were too good or Brum so poor. Either way Clark is doing some job keeping them away from the relegation zone. As my brother put it they are suffering 'the Rob Kelly years'.

Hopefully we've seen off the shit ref for the next few games because last nights was terrible. Never seen a ref who used players and fans reactions for awarding yellow cards. Gave a goal kick at one point, two Brum players had a moan and he then decided to give Wasilewski a yellow card.

Last edited:
Some absolutely awful English in this report from Vital football:

Leicester Give Blues The Blues
Birmingham City slipped to their third defeat in ten days when top of the table Leicester City came to St Andrews and won the game 2-1.

Goals from Lloyd Dyer and Jamie Vardy scored the goals that earned the Foxes the points while Blue found the net in the dying stages of the game through Peter Lovenkrands.

The victory was Leicester's eighth on the bounce in total and their fourth away victory on the trot away from home.

Blues on the other hand have now failed to chalk up a win at St Andrews in their last nine attempts, but for the second time in a few days, they played well enough to have managed a win against a lesser side, the second half performance was particularly good. But it was never going to be easy for Blues against a side that oozed confidence.

And the home side weren't helped by the fact that Paul Robinson was unavailable because of suspension.

After Vardy had seen an early effort on goal blocked and Drinkwater had an effort stopped by Randolph, the visitors took the lead in the 24th minute through Dyer; he picked up a ball from the right by Nugent and fired into the roof of the net giving the Birmingham keeper no chance.

Randolph was then called upon to make a stop from Knockaert who should have scored from close range after being set up by the goalscorer Dyer.

The visitors continued to cause problems for the Birmingham defence, the play of Vardy was enough to cause the back line to panic on more than one occasion, but Blues held out and went into the break just the one goal down.

The second half saw Blues come more into the game and they gave the visitors plenty to think about when in possession, Brown and Rusnak both standing out from the rest showing plenty of skill on the ball.

But for all Birmingham's efforts they were unable to get the scores level and Leicester hit with a killer goal with just four minutes left on the clock thanks to a solo effort from Vardy who beat a couple of defenders before firing low past Randolph.

But Blues would not lie down and they made sure that Leicester had a sweat on for the final few minutes of injury time when Lovenkrands headed into the net in the final minute.

It's strange looking at the stats and listening to Pearson rave about the performance because I didn't think we were great watching it. Don't get me wrong, we were much the better side, but I never felt we had to get out of first gear. My view was probably clouded a bit by the fact I attended in the main stand with my dad (a Blues fan) and I was anxious just not to lose to the ****ers.

People on here and elsewhere have said that Stringer is making something out of nothing re: Dyer's reaction to being subbed. I disagree. He did make a show of being pissed off which I thought was unprofessional and unlike Lloyd. I don't want out players to be happy about coming off but he should have kept a lid on it and moaned privately if he was upset. Hopefully it's a one of and unrelated with his reported unhappiness with his contract offer. That said, I'd be rewarding his loyalty and performance this season with a two year extension if that's what he wants.

We managed to get free tickets because my uncle played for Birmingham and there were a few ex-players there. We spoke to David Kelly who seems pretty clear that nobody will stop us this season. Interesting to hear that given his current role at Forest. It's nice that our quality is being recognised by our rivals. I also spoke to my uncle about Mike Stowell, who he played with at Wolves. David Gwilliam will be disappointed to hear that he thinks poor Mike a thoroughly unpleasant individual.

David Gwilliam will be disappointed to hear that he thinks poor Mike a thoroughly unpleasant individual.

If David had played in front of Mike Stowell and suffered the invective that perhaps your uncle has, he might possibly have a different opinion of the man. As it is David stands behind him and listens to him encouraging other people.

You haven't played in front of Stowell, have you, David?

Thanks Jeff :)

Two lovely goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673