Birmingham City Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me start by saying that the fans made the second half. If only the players had showed a 10th of the passion of the Kop we would have won by a country mile.

However I will say this now:

WORTHINGTON CAN FECK OFF

• Putting Logan in goal when he hasn't played any competeive matches for months and months. WANKER
  • Taking off Fryatt
  • Sending the same team out the second half
  • Not telling Loagn to push up for our final corner
  • Playing a youth player when we are in a full on RELEGATION battle
  • Taking off Jarrett instead of Newton (Athough following this Newton did play well, but at that time he should have been subbed)
  • PLAYING MAYBURY AT LB!!! This showed me he has clearly hasn't bother to do any reasearch on his team - things like watching the videos of previous games to see who's any good and who's shit.
  • Standing with his arms folded the whole match.
Worthington - I hope your out the door by 6 pm on May the 6th.

Last edited:
Blimey FF, you're never usually this angry. Have you got my job?

After Norwich I could not seeing us getting another point from anywhere.
If they can play as well again for the next 270 competitive minutes as they did for the last 45 minutes tonight, I am very confident they will pick up points from all three games, maybe 5 or even 7. I would be very surprised if they could get more than 1 point at Deepdale.

i didn't see tonights game so i'm still going to be bloody miserable and negative for the rest of this season. if we do go down at least league 1 is shit. personally i've resigned myself to attending league 1 games next season (i could play for city i've given up hope that much) so anything above that is a bonus really

We played well for the last 20 but that is in no way an excuse for the shower of shit served up for the previous 70.
Tonight I actually believe we are destined for League 1, I had hope and belief before but that was shattered after the opening 20.
Wankers.

On a brighter note I am pissed :038: .
Decided to go to a couple of bars/pubs we had never been before and for some reason we decided on the Pump and Tap and Breeze.
Absoute shite, so not recommmend.

a great summary of our squad.

many people have questioned if this is the worst leicester city side ever (in terms of ability) but i can't imagine one ever being more half arsed than this squad....if anyone can name one i'd be more than impressed. it is a case of 20minutes of effort in occasional matches, which is just not good enough as we usually do less than 20. once again, wankers!

However I will say this now:

WORTHINGTON CAN FECK OFF

• Putting Logan in goal when he hasn't played any competeive matches for months and months. WANKER
  • Not telling Loagn to push up for our final corner
  • Playing a youth player when we are in a full on RELEGATION battle
  • Taking off Jarrett instead of Newton (Athough following this Newton did play well, but at that time he should have been subbed)
  • PLAYING MAYBURY AT LB!!! This showed me he has clearly hasn't bother to do any reasearch on his team - things like watching the videos of previous games to see who's any good and who's shit.

Taking off Jarrett made sense. We needed a more attacking midfield, Hughes made a difference.

And if you wouldn't have played Maybury at left back, who would you have played there?
If you wouldn't play Mattock because he's too young, or Sheehan because he's not played for months, there's no one else in the squad who could have played in that position - apart from Stearman and Johansson, who were needed in other positions.
With Kenton, McCarthy, Tiatto, McAuley and Porter all unavailable, he didn't really have much choice.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice Stearman after the game, Hume was busy giving his shirt to some kid in the crowd and Stearman looked totaly dejected, I thought he looked close to tears. Maybe the realisation is starting to set in!

Taking off Jarrett made sense. We needed a more attacking midfield, Hughes made a difference. Hughes did well - I just felt that at the time it should have been Newton who should have gone off.

And if you wouldn't have played Maybury at left back, who would you have played there? Stearman - he has played there before and if I recall correctly he adapted to it quite well
If you wouldn't play Mattock because he's too young, or Sheehan because he's not played for months, there's no one else in the squad who could have played in that position - apart from Stearman and Johansson, who were needed in other positions. I thought Sheehan had been out on loan? Besides playing an outfeild player who hasn't played for months is a big diffrence to playing a keeper who hasn't played for months.
With Kenton, McCarthy, Tiatto, McAuley and Porter all unavailable, he didn't really have much choice.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice Stearman after the game, Hume was busy giving his shirt to some kid in the crowd and Stearman looked totaly dejected, I thought he looked close to tears. Maybe the realisation is starting to set in!
...that he isn't going to fetch the price that his agent convinced him he would?

Stearman - he has played there before and if I recall correctly he adapted to it quite well

So if you'd played Stearman at left back, who would you play at right back?

Or would you have Maybury at right back?
Maybury is more used to playing at left back than Stearman is, and is just as bad in both positions.

I thought Sheehan had been out on loan? Besides playing an outfeild player who hasn't played for months is a big diffrence to playing a keeper who hasn't played for months.
He came back from his loan, injured, in December.
And you're right, playing an outfield player who hasn't played for months is different. Outfield players need to be much fitter than goalkeepers, match fitness isn't so importance for keepers. Can you explain your reasoning why you think the opposite?

Was at the game tonight. Thought in the first half we were absolute dog shite. No one impressed me - no - not even fryatt - dont know why people are saying he did well. You could see he was trying, yes, but that doesn't mean he did well.

Not quite sure why Worthington played Hume and Fryatt against those beast defenders. Horsefield and Cadamateri were so much more adept at playing against them.

Mattock impressed at times, but showed his inexperience when he snatched the shot off Cadamateri at the end. Cad and Newts towards the end were awesome.

Just a note at the complaints about Jarrett being taken off - what did he actually do in the game to merit being kept on? And sometimes subsitutions are done not just because of how well they've played but how tired they are, he was still tired from Saturday I thought.

I think Worthington is right that if we show the spirit we showed for last 25 minutes then we'll be OK. But... what an awful start, and why did it take so long for them to start playing??

So if you'd played Stearman at left back, who would you play at right back?

Or would you have Maybury at right back?
Maybury is more used to playing at left back than Stearman is, and is just as bad in both positions.

Yes Maybury is a reasonable RB.

He came back from his loan, injured, in December.
And you're right, playing an outfield player who hasn't played for months is different. Outfield players need to be much fitter than goalkeepers, match fitness isn't so importance for keepers. Can you explain your reasoning why you think the opposite?

Beacuse Gk's need to have an understanding with their defense, they need to be able to command the area and things like catching crosses take a good deal of practice. This was pretty evident tonight.

loosing 2-1 to birmingham isnt a shocker really is it, just be thankful we didnt playu them when we were meant to after their 6-0 win.

it was our game in hand but if we had played it at the original time i expect the result would have been a lot worse.

If wortho sticks with what we had in the second half we should be able to scrape together the points we need for this season.

WORTHINGTON CAN FECK OFF
Hooray, the first serious call for the manager's head.

I make it, oh, about 140 hours since he arrived, something like that...

:icon_roll :icon_roll :icon_roll

As they say, in life you get what you deserve.

yes we did lose but we scored in the last 20minutes and we played pretty good in the second half from what i hear, we will take this to preston and come back with some points, preston aint shit to us and they think they are so good we will walk over them,

the other thing is leeds are two points behind us, they the only team i think that can catch up to us, with southend 5points and luton too fasr away, i think one victory will seal the deal for us as long as leeds don't win there next 3 games,

how cool would leicester leeds final day of the season been?? ;)

yes we did lose but we scored in the last 20minutes and we played pretty good in the second half from what i hear, we will take this to preston and come back with some points, preston aint shit to us and they think they are so good we will walk over them,

the other thing is leeds are two points behind us, they the only team i think that can catch up to us, with southend 5points and luton too fasr away, i think one victory will seal the deal for us as long as leeds don't win there next 3 games,

how cool would leicester leeds final day of the season been?? ;)
Southend, Leeds, Hull and Barnsely can all catch, and overtake us

Last edited:
Southend, Leeds, Hull and Barnsely can all catch, and overtake us

I think it is more than likely that Leeds and Barnsley will overtake us.

Hull have more of a problem and may save us.

The path to relegation is paved with narrow home defeats and lots of 'positives'.

I didn't go to the game but I know enough to realise that we will not save ourselves and can only rely on others. All the talk about inconsistency is now exposed as rubbish...we are just plain bad. Bringing Worthington in was a logical move, but he ain't the bloke to take this club anywhere -imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669