Post Match Blackpool 3 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farcical.

Fall out with the captain and centre half. Drop him with extreme prejudice. Concede goals at a canter.

It's not like we ever looked secure defensively with Mills in the side is it though?

We've looked poor defensively all season. Even when we were going on clean sheets runs etc. people were still concerned about how easily teams were getting beyond our defence and I remember reading people posting plenty of times on here after clean sheets that if the opposition was a team who could finish they'd have hit several past us that game.

I don't know whether the defenders we have here just aren't good enough or it's tactical (which would be odd as it's usually the defensive organisation you feel Pearson is best at tactically), but there's been something wrong with our defense all season.

Last edited:
It's looked pretty average from the start of the season

It's gone savagely backwards since Christmas

I bet the full-backs change next season.

Well, there's definitely a lack of leadership in the defence, I think we can all agree on that! Been said plenty of times before, but we really need a Wayne Brown-esque organiser in there.

It's not like we ever looked secure defensively with Mills in the side is it though?

We've looked poor defensively all season. Even when we were going on clean sheets runs etc. people were still concerned about how easily teams were getting beyond our defence and I remember reading people posting plenty of times on here after clean sheets that if the opposition was a team who could finish they'd have hit several past us that game.

I don't know whether the defenders we have here just aren't good enough or it's tactical (which would be odd as it's usually the defensive organisation you feel Pearson is best at tactically), but there's been something wrong with our defense all season.

I feel quite secure in saying we'd have conceded less goals in the last five games had Mills been in the side.

Of course, I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

That said, I agree that there seems to be something fundamentally flawed with the system. I suspect it is something to do with our full backs over committing.

We'll lose 1-0 with an inevitably late Kevin Phillips goal after Bamba and Morgan collide in midair trying to win the same ball. I'm bored of our defence now, we won't get anywhere until they can revert to the tight arses we were in Pearson's first reign. Negative yes, but true.

So predictable in so many ways (well, almost). We're painful to support at the moment.

They weren't perfect prior to that but the defensive record with Mills is markedly better than without right now.

I agree with you, our record was better with Mills in the side and it's worth bringing him back in atm. My point was though we still weren't that great with him in the side. If we want to be genuinely pushing for promotion I'm not sure any of the centre-backs currently at the club are the answer.

We've scored 10 goals in our last 5 away games in all competitions...& lost 4 of them,drawn the other! Tells its own story really.

Last edited:
I agree with you, our record was better with Mills in the side and it's worth bringing him back in atm. My point was though we still weren't that great with him in the side. If we want to be genuinely pushing for promotion I'm not sure any of the centre-backs currently at the club are the answer.

Sledger has done ok

Unfortunately he has either been partnered with a great lumbering useless oaf, or stupidly kicked over to play at right back

Ooh, i wonder why we have been leaking goals left, right and feckin centre....

Last edited:
It's a rollercoaster supporting city, as usual, but it appears to have stuck at the apex of the loop-the-loop.
That's it season over.

I would love to know where Pantsil is.

Goals continue to rain in from Peltier's weakness being exposed. People blamed Gally not supporting him, but Peltier has to take the blame for me.

Last edited:
Sledger has done ok

Unfortunately he has either been partnered with a great lumbering useless oaf, or stupidly kicked over to play at right back

Ooh, i wonder why we have been leaking goals left, right and feckin centre....

He was the cause to their second, he also looked a lumbering oaf, getting outpaced by Roman Bednar and falling over in the process.

So what was the problem with defence. I have only seen Bamba and Morgan the once at the last home again and they looked good together.

Are we being overrun down the wings?

I saw nothing to suggest that Mills is better than Bamba or Morgan or SSL.

Was Peltier the weak link? Are the midfield not tracking back to help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566