blackpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Re: pre-blackpool match thread

This has been the summer of nightmares, I'm telling you

I can't take much more

:biggrin:

In relation to your questions, there has been much talk of Hume 'possibly' taking up a wide right role this season, and Newton can play either side. Mattock was great towards the end of the season, but I don't think he's any better than either Chambers or Newton and with them having the more experience, I predicted they would start. MA will not want to lose tomorrow, so IMO his most experienced 11 have to start.

Spanky Fox

Mattock at right back !!!

He put Mattock at feckin' right back, Hume at right wing and Kaebi on the left feckin' wing

It's just too much, it really is

everyone is attacking and playing a free role, the roles are subject to change, homey carm down, only a few hours left...i hope you dont blow up by 3pm tomorrow

Graz

I forgot to include a prediction with mine... I think 3-1 City, with Hume getting 2 and either Deej or Clem getting the other..

Merc says today that the last time a City manager won their first game in charge was 52 years ago!

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen

Mattock at right back !!!

He put Mattock at feckin' right back, Hume at right wing and Kaebi on the left feckin' wing

It's just too much, it really is
But at least he took Kishishev out of midfield and into defence to justify the alterations :icon_lol:

glyn

Just to dampen the mood:

That would make Allen the first City boss to win his opening match since David Halliday 52 years ago.

Allen is the 18th manager, excluding caretakers, to have taken over the hot seat since Halliday.
But none of the previous 17, including such famous names as Matt Gillies, Jock Wallace and Martin O'Neill, have won their opener.

homer

:biggrin:

In relation to your questions, there has been much talk of Hume 'possibly' taking up a wide right role this season, and Newton can play either side. Mattock was great towards the end of the season, but I don't think he's any better than either Chambers or Newton and with them having the more experience, I predicted they would start. MA will not want to lose tomorrow, so IMO his most experienced 11 have to start.

Only amongst the spanners, Not Rights and downright feckin' mental

I did not previously have you marked down as forming part of that 'special group', and I shall take this as a never-to-be-repeated momentary aberration

homer

But at least he took Kishishev out of midfield and into defence to justify the alterations :icon_lol:

Oh my god i missed that one

I just don't know what's real any more........

SwedeFox

Are McAuley and Mattock ready to play? Think I heard they were slightly injured somewhere.

Polar Bear

This is the team I'd like to see:-

The Proletariat;

Robot ; Rugged Hero ; Dancing Bear ; Steam Train;

Inflatable Shark ; Barry Bonds ; Dalek ; King Canute;

Iain 'HUUUUUUUUUME' ;Zico's Auntie

I think the match will be a 1-1 draw, Leicester's goal coming from the diminutive Scotch-Canadian forward.

Last edited:

Steven

According to LCFC mad, we are going to lose. :icon_cry: :icon_conf :icon_conf

FootyMad's prediction ...

Nothing seems to be going right for the Foxes at home recently, and I can see no immediate turn around in fortunes as the Seasiders come away with an easy victory. Away win

merchant_banker

Juist wonder whether kenton might start.

I got the feeling that Kenton was given a squad number to cover for McAuley, who went off injured against Portsmouth. Some of the reports I have seen suggest that Kenton wasn't as good against Cambridge as MA has said.

fludie

Peanut Thief
Been beaten in each of their previous 3 home matches.
Failed to win in previous 7 home matches.
Not drawn a match in their last 6 .

Thats wrong, they beat Cheltenham.

Lako42

Well im off to bed ready for the big day. Cant ****ing wait. Will prob be outside the gateway sinking as many pints as poss in the blistering sunshine before the game.

BRING IT ON!!

Jesus Quintana

I think we'll lose 1-0 or scrape a draw. My feelings are that it'll take 5 or 6 games for the team to settle into competitive games together. After that they should pick up and force a play off place. I just hope the boo boys stay off the lads backs for a while.

Not saying we'll go up this year, but D*rby had a shite start last year. I'm hoping for a 12th+ finish, and the boo boys to lay off for a year!

2-0 win for us:038:, not too comfortable though.:icon_conf Att 30279:038:

Last edited:

SwedeFox

Not saying we'll go up this year, but D*rby had a shite start last year. I'm hoping for a 12th+ finish, and the boo boys to lay off for a year!

2-0 win for us:038:, not too comfortable though.:icon_conf Att 30279:038:

Yes box. :038: Great to see the season starting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669