Blackpool Promoted To Prem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlucky Rhydal. :icon_sad:

Seeing as you're now in the financial do-do, how much do you want for... <tin hat> Bothroyd? </tin hat>

I don't give a toss if he is a good man or not.

He was WRONG for this club and when it mattered it was found totally wanting in every managerial aspect. You can make excsuse after excuse for him all you like- blame the players- blame the club- blame the fans etc- but when he HAD to do his job he was inept and we became worse AFTER he joined us. Yeah we might not have stayed up anyhoo, we might not have even stayed up the follwing season, but for this club, he wasn't the man for the job and it showed almost every match.

Plus of course to him relegation didn't mean much.....yeah, sensible thing to say when you'd just been in charge of a team that had dropped out the top two divisions for the first time in it's history.
I hope he comes out with the same garbage as he did when we got relegated when at the end of next season when he oversees Blackpools shambolic Premiership short stay.

I bet their fans won't be loving his jokiness in his post-match interviews then when they've just been twatted week after week.

Bitter? Not for Blackpool cos quite honestly I couldn't give a toss about them and hope they make the most of next season whilst they CAN enjoy it(That will be August then!)
But simply because he didn't treat the situation at our place seriously enough and treated certain players like shit and by not playing them put our league poistion on the brink he can feck off and drop down a very big cesspit.

Last edited:
I'm sure he is a nice man, but he was terrible as a Manager for this club.

Very easy for LCFC fans to think this due to him being the unfortunate sod to take us down to the 3rd tier for the first time in our history,

I say unfortunate cause he took over the helm when the club was in disarray with the appointment of so many managers in such a short period. The dressing room was unsettled due to the size of the squad at the time (too many loanees and players signed at the start of the season).

Ollie tried to sort out the mess but failed miserably and took us down (wonder if he would be kept on if we won that final game at Stoke).

He has proved this season that he is not as bad a manager as many of our fans thought. I for one would have loved to see Leicester play with the same commitment and passion that Blackpool have shown in the latter part of this season under his stewardship.

I congratulate Ollie and his team for getting promoted to the premier league. I am totally envious of them and finding it a bitter pill to swallow, that we came so near but yet so far from meeting them and possibly beating them in that final today.

Don't get me wrong!!! I like most believe that our current manager Nigel Pearson has done a fantastic job turning the club around since that sad day back in May 2008. I hope that he can continue to take us forward next season with automatic promotion, the pressure will certainly be on his shoulders to do it from an element of our supporters and probably Mandy too.

Very easy for LCFC fans to think this due to him being the unfortunate sod to take us down to the 3rd tier for the first time in our history,

I say unfortunate cause he took over the helm when the club was in disarray with the appointment of so many managers in such a short period. The dressing room was unsettled due to the size of the squad at the time (too many loanees and players signed at the start of the season).

Ollie tried to sort out the mess but failed miserably and took us down (wonder if he would be kept on if we won that final game at Stoke).

He has proved this season that he is not as bad a manager as many of our fans thought. I for one would have loved to see Leicester play with the same commitment and passion that Blackpool have shown in the latter part of this season under his stewardship.

I congratulate Ollie and his team for getting promoted to the premier league. I am totally envious of them and finding it a bitter pill to swallow, that we came so near but yet so far from meeting them and possibly beating them in that final today.

Don't get me wrong!!! I like most believe that our current manager Nigel Pearson has done a fantastic job turning the club around since that sad day back in May 2008. I hope that he can continue to take us forward next season with automatic promotion, the pressure will certainly be on his shoulders to do it from an element of our supporters and probably Mandy too.

No one has said he is a bad manager, but whether you like him as a man or a manager or not he was a terrible manager for us. Call it bad luck or lack of dressing room or wrong place, wrong time or whatever, but there's no escaping he was a terrible manager for us. His stint at Blackpool cannot prove anything about his stint here.

Personally, I thought his decision making skills were utterly horrendous. We always used to joke we thought he would bring Conrad on and play him left wing, his substitutions and constant playing of key players out of position were that bad. There was no even talk of relegation when he took over in November and he had am extremely poor set of results to send us down.

It's not "very easy for LCFC fans to think this due to him being the unfortunate sod to take us down to the 3rd tier for the first time in our history." Many fans wanted him sacked in February, as it was clear he was not up to the task.

Last edited:
I don't give a toss if he is a good man or not.

He was WRONG for this club and when it mattered it was found totally wanting in every managerial aspect. You can make excsuse after excuse for him all you like- blame the players- blame the club- blame the fans etc- but when he HAD to do his job he was inept and we became worse AFTER he joined us. Yeah we might not have stayed up anyhoo, we might not have even stayed up the follwing season, but for this club, he wasn't the man for the job and it showed almost every match.

Plus of course to him relegation didn't mean much.....yeah, sensible thing to say when you'd just been in charge of a team that had dropped out the top two divisions for the first time in it's history.
I hope he comes out with the same garbage as he did when we got relegated when at the end of next season when he oversees Blackpools shambolic Premiership short stay.

I bet their fans won't be loving his jokiness in his post-match interviews then when they've just been twatted week after week.

Bitter? Not for Blackpool cos quite honestly I couldn't give a toss about them and hope they make the most of next season whilst they CAN enjoy it(That will be August then!)
But simply because he didn't treat the situation at our place seriously enough and treated certain players like shit and by not playing them put our league poistion on the brink he can feck off and drop down a very big cesspit.

:038::038::038:

The man is a clown, an opinion that I formed before he presided over sending us to the third tier.

I didn't want Blackpool to win, so by default wanted Cardiff to be victorious. But then, I'm very vindictive and don't forgive anybody, ever.

Re: What are you doing today? £90m game today - what game?

An away game round the corner from me next season at least.

Don't be so sure, Cardiff well and truely in the shit now.

Holloway was a disaster at Leicester - he couldn't deal with a very difficult but by no means impossible situation and took us down.

However, none of that makes him a bad person and the personal abuse heaped on him and his family by the nutters was disgusting.

He also has a bit of a track record for over-achievement at small clubs.

I'm pleased for him that he has achieved a footballing miracle (finishing 6th was remarkable given their resources and then taking out Forest and Cardiff) at Blackpool and it was good to hear him talking about the difference that the money will make to the club's infrastructure rather than talking about spending lots of money hauling in expensive signings.

Get your money on any decent odds for Blackpool not winning more than 3 Premiership games - but that wouldn't take away from this achievement.

I must say, I'm impressed with the amount of 'bigger' people on this message board and the restraint and humanity you can show through adversity. (That isn't meant offensively, I genuinely am impressed).

I f*cking hate Ian Holloway. Season in season out the often doomed 'big club' debate with F*rest and D*rby friends has always come back to them having had their European heights. We've never had that, our response was that we were a member of that elite club never to have dropped as low as we did last season. We weren't down when Holloway took over, far from it, and he took us down - by stupid decisions like playing Iain Hume on the right flank that last day at Stoke. Of course it didn't mean much to him, he paid a fleeting visit and then took his 'comedy' elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed last season immensely. It worked out well for the club in the end, a chance to develop a playing squad with confidence and we acquired our most talented manager since MON left the club. I also appreciate it took more than one man to take us to that level. But one of the points of having management in any walk of life is accountability, and Ian Holloway is aware of that in every job he takes on. The finger should inevitably point at him for taking the club to it's lowest point in 125 years, and for that I'dve rather seen the Welsh triumph yesterday.

Phew...breathe... (apologies for the rant)

Last edited:
Holloway was raving about his team playing attacking football after yesterdays game and how he is fed up with the negative tactics employed by teams.
that must be the one thing he learn't from his year out of the game, if he been more adventurous in the Stoke game we may not have had a season in the third tier

Holloway was raving about his team playing attacking football after yesterdays game and how he is fed up with the negative tactics employed by teams.
that must be the one thing he learn't from his year out of the game, if he been more adventurous in the Stoke game we may not have had a season in the third tier

I hope it is a lesson learnt and that he isn't deluded into thinking he has always set out to attack. He played three forwards against Stoke, but two were in midfield. Alongside a defender.....argh the memories flowing back now. I've never seen our side line up and feel doomed like that before or after Stoke

Frankly, I think the attitude of some fans on here show their lack of humility and childish behaviour.

I for one (and usually in the minority) Applaud his success at Blackpool regardless of his underachievement here. The blame for our ultimate demise into the 3rd tier could be spread among many factors and certainly a proportion of this blame has to be directed toward IH, something no doubt he would admit.

This takes nothing from what he has just achieved - a minor miracle.

I for one wish him every success in the premier. Hopefully the attacking flair and passion with no small smattering of skill that he has shown at Blackpool will bring him and his club the success it deserves.

Last edited:
Get in there!!!!

**** off Chopra you fat little shit.

**** of Wales.

Enough respect for Ollie after that achievement, good luck to them.

Lets get revenge on the Welsh next year.

Frankly, I think the attitude of some fans on here show their lack of humility and childish behaviour.

I for one (and usually in the minority) Applaud his success at Blackpool regardless of his underachievement here. The blame for our ultimate demise into the 3rd tier could be spread among many factors and certainly a proportion of this blame has to be directed toward IH, something no doubt he would admit.

I for one wish him every success in the premier. Hopefully the attacking flair and passion with no small smattering of skill that he has shown at Blackpool will bring him and his club the success it deserves.

i wholeheartedly agree, you can take nothing away from what he has achieved at Blackpool,

Well done, Blackpool.
Well done, Ian Holloway.
Well done, DJ.

Cardiff? Hard luck, boys - you now need a miracle of your own to get through your financial woes.
Rhydal? I presume that he is now trying hard to think past 6 o'clock yesterday.
Chopra? Ha!

Shame then that he has never actually felt the need to shoulder his part of the blame in it all then isn't it?

I remember my mate speaking to him at that years Player of the Year do which was after the Sheff Weds game(I couldn't speak to him cos I was still too mad!) And he said to her that he was happy with how he had done his job so far. She asked him how could he be happy if we ended up getting relegated the next week and he replied back saying you can't take it too seriously, if it happens it happens.

She regularly brings this up when we have a football rant about people in the game we don't like much, in fact she told me it again only a few mins ago via text(along with a few choice words on what she thought of Holloway which I couldn't possibly post on here!)

Those very comments show how little respect Holloway had for the fans and how they'd be feeling, especially when the Stoke game confirmed the worst.

I MIGHT'VE had a bit more time for him if the day afterwards he would've held his hands up, admitted he got things even MORE wrong in those last two games than he had the rest of the time he was here and resigned, instead he waited til he could get a nice big payoff for being sacked.

Yes the game needs characters like him in it, but hopefully never EVER near our club again.

Last edited:
No one is taking anything away from his achievement at Blackpool at all, but there seem to be people who think because of his success there and his apparent "success" beforehand this means that he wasn't a bad manager for us and it shouldn't be blamed on him and it should be blamed on others instead. It wasn't a "very difficult but not impossible" job to keep us up at all, it was a piece of dog piss! No one even thought about relegation when he came in, his brief was to challenge for the play-offs, a bit optimistic maybe, but everyone would have expected mid-table mediocrity. It would have taken a major **** up to get us relegated, which is exactly what Holloway did.

And fwiw, his record before Leicester is pretty mediocre tbh. It's not a case of doing well at lesser clubs at all. He stood still at Bristol Rovers and took Plymouth up in the league by a whopping 7 places(!). Then he relegated QPR, only to take 3 seasons to get them back up again.

Last edited:
Shame then that he has never actually felt the need to shoulder his part of the blame in it all then isn't it?

I remember my mate speaking to him at that years Player of the Year do which was after the Sheff Weds game(I couldn't speak to him cos I was still too mad!) And he said to her that he was happy with how he had done his job so far. She asked him how could he be happy if we ended up getting relegated the next week and he replied back saying you can't take it too seriously, if it happens it happens.

She regularly brings this up when we have a football rant about people in the game we don't like much, in fact she told me it again only a few mins ago via text(along with a few choice words on what she thought of Holloway which I couldn't possibly post on here!)

Those very comments show how little respect Holloway had for the fans and how they'd be feeling, especially when the Stoke game confirmed the worst.

I MIGHT'VE had a bit more time for him if the day afterwards he would've held his hands up, admitted he got things even MORE wrong in those last two games than he had the rest of the time he was here and resigned, instead he waited til he could get a nice big payoff for being sacked.

Yes the game needs characters like him in it, but hopefully never EVER near our club again.

Whilst he was out of the game he was a pundit for one of our games on TV and he admitted he'd made mistaked during his time with us. I can't remember which game but I do remember him saying it because me and my dad both retorted with "you don't say".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669