Blackpool Promoted To Prem

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is taking anything away from his achievement at Blackpool at all, but there seem to be people who think because of his success there and his apparent "success" beforehand this means that he wasn't a bad manager for us and it shouldn't be blamed on him and it should be blamed on others instead. It wasn't a "very difficult but not impossible" job to keep us up at all, it was a piece of dog piss! No one even thought about relegation when he came in, his brief was to challenge for the play-offs, a bit optimistic maybe, but everyone would have expected mid-table mediocrity. It would have taken a major **** up to get us relegated, which is exactly what Holloway did.

And fwiw, his record before Leicester is pretty mediocre tbh. It's not a case of doing well at lesser clubs at all. He stood still at Bristol Rovers and took Plymouth up in the league by a whopping 7 places(!). Then he relegated QPR, only to take 3 seasons to get them back up again.

top post! He deserves credit for a good job done at Blackpool but the arse up he made at our place shouldn't be forgotten. Even once we were relegated I held back any harsh comments regarding him until he said it didn't really matter that we went down. Comments made more shameful as we were still paying his wages at the time

Even though it might well have been exactly what the club needed( though I'll never believe getting relegated is a bloody good thing!) for him to come out with those comments made me want to punch him in the gob, I was bloody heartbroken for days afterwards and saying that imo made what me, and thousands of other fans were feeling look as though we shouldn't be upset.

TOSSER!

Last edited:
In remember him refering to us as his "bit on the side"

What a ****.

Frankly, I think the attitude of some fans on here show their lack of humility and childish behaviour.

I for one (and usually in the minority) Applaud his success at Blackpool regardless of his underachievement here. The blame for our ultimate demise into the 3rd tier could be spread among many factors and certainly a proportion of this blame has to be directed toward IH, something no doubt he would admit.

This takes nothing from what he has just achieved - a minor miracle.

I for one wish him every success in the premier. Hopefully the attacking flair and passion with no small smattering of skill that he has shown at Blackpool will bring him and his club the success it deserves.

Lack of humility and childish behaviour isn't the way to describe it. After all the time, money and passion invested by fans in a football club they reserve the right to make whatever opinions they wish about those accountable for the clubs successes or failures.

What Holloway has done in one season at Blackpool is impressive and for that he deserves his credit. But there is no obligation on fans of this club to wish him any form of success whatsoever, and it isn't childish or lacking humility to not do so.

Shoulda listened to you and stayed home. You are now my life guru.

What should I do this summer oh w*s* one?

Buy a pair of leather chaps, with the bum cheeks cut out, get yourself a large tub of vaseline, and get yourself round to my place, big boy...:110::110::110:

FFS, alex, that's enough of that :018:

No one is taking anything away from his achievement at Blackpool at all, but there seem to be people who think because of his success there and his apparent "success" beforehand this means that he wasn't a bad manager for us and it shouldn't be blamed on him and it should be blamed on others instead. It wasn't a "very difficult but not impossible" job to keep us up at all, it was a piece of dog piss! No one even thought about relegation when he came in, his brief was to challenge for the play-offs, a bit optimistic maybe, but everyone would have expected mid-table mediocrity. It would have taken a major **** up to get us relegated, which is exactly what Holloway did.

And fwiw, his record before Leicester is pretty mediocre tbh. It's not a case of doing well at lesser clubs at all. He stood still at Bristol Rovers and took Plymouth up in the league by a whopping 7 places(!). Then he relegated QPR, only to take 3 seasons to get them back up again.

Reading through the posts no one on here has said that Holloway wasn't a bad manager for Leicester. Everyone agrees he was a bad manager for us but he has proven that he is not a bad manager overall.

Yes he did make some terrible decisions contributing to our demise from the Championship but so did the players we had in the squad at the time (irrespective of them at times being asked to play out of position). NP has played players out of position sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Holloway is a mad character and says a lot of crazy things mixed with sensible talk.( he speaks before he thinks) He is just like Brian Clough, Neil Warnock, Dave Jones etc, the game needs them.

What people also need to remember is that Simon Grayson did a VERY good job at Blackpool so IH didnt walk into a bad side in the first place.

Its also worth a mention that Charlie Adam was not brought in by him and had already been on loan there. Some people have wrongly credited IH with finding such a great player for less that a million quid.

Holloway is a mad character and says a lot of crazy things mixed with sensible talk.( he speaks before he thinks) He is just like Brian Clough, Neil Warnock, Dave Jones etc, the game needs them.

The game doesn't "need" people like that at all. In fact I'd much prefer if it didn't have them.

Holloway's "character" is one of a laddish conservatism I despise. All about how "my misses is a slapper" and she's ugly I can pull slappers and blah blah blah. With overtones of the classic "what is this country coming to?" and "my father hit me, it didn't do me no harm. We can't even do that any more." I'm surprised I've never heard him utter the "it's political correctness gone mad" line yet. His repertoire is full of unfunny, predictable, horrible, drivel.

Clough was a homophobic, xenophobic and egotistical bully and I'm glad I didn't have to live through his awful ramblings and media soundbites.

Warnock is simply a ****.

Nothing against Dave Jones though. Comes across as a really nice bloke.

Last edited:
Clough was a homophobic, xenophobic and egotistical bully and I'm glad I didn't have to live through his awful ramblings and media soundbites.

Did a pretty good job at either end of the A52 though didn't he.

Did a pretty good job at either end of the A52 though didn't he.

If you're on about relegating Forest and trying to financially ruin Derby with his overspending while not consulting his chairman about it, then yes. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669