Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Mirror:

Glenn Hoddle has joined the Bolton wanted list, but Wanderers supremo Phil Gartside has sparked fury at Leicester by having talks with Gary Megson about him becoming the new manager.

Megson is free to speak because he has yet to sign a three-year contract offered by chairman Milan Mandaric when he took the post at City last month.

Mandaric wants to know why the slip-up happened. It pushes Megson to the head of the queue of potential candidates, which now also features former England boss Hoddle.

There will also be a formal approach to Hibs over highly-rated John Collins.

Advertisement
Megson was the first to meet Gartside, with Hoddle and Graeme Souness expected to follow suit within the next 24 hours.

Hoddle's previous clubs as manager include Chelsea, Spurs and Wolves, but he has not worked in the Premier League since leaving White Hart Lane in 2003.

Gartside was refused permission by Reading to approach Steve Coppell and denies he asked Birmingham to talk to Steve Bruce.

However Bruce, who expects to lose his job if Carson Yeung completes his takeover of St Andrews, said: "They've seen what a decent type of job I've done and would like permission to speak to me. That hasn't been granted so I'll accept that."

Wanderers chairman Gartside hopes to appoint the successor to Sammy Lee by next week.

He rates Megson and would not have to compensate Leicester, but the former West Brom boss's abrasive style may not go down too well with Bolton players such as Nicolas Anelka and Ivan Campo.

Megson is keen to prove himself in the top flight. He guided Albion into the Premier League in 2004 but was sacked just two months into the season.

Does sound quite convincing...

wow he must be in line for fifas player of the year then :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

You can only play the games in which you are selected and anyway I ave never said he is the saviour of any sort. Merely he is worth a go.

I think a lot of you will be eating humble pie if Mr Kaebi gets a fair go.

If true, it would mean Mandaric had given permission for Bolton to speak to him. Which doesn't even amount to a vote of confidence...

Perhaps MM isn't sure about him. Perhaps the fans have done enough to make him realise that they don't want him.

You can only play the games in which you are selected and anyway I ave never said he is the saviour of any sort. Merely he is worth a go.

I think a lot of you will be eating humble pie if Mr Kaebi gets a fair go.

And maybe he hasn't been selected because he isn't good enough,Allen didn't think so and Megson doesn't

Maybe so, doesnt explain why he has suddenly been promoted to the squad for saturday though, does it?

He gave a fine rendition of 'Knees Up Mother Brown' after training and Megson feels he is now ready to step up ?:102:

Current Betting from #####:

Paul Jewell 2/1
Chris Coleman 9/4
Steve Bruce 4/1
Gary Megson 9/2
Graeme Souness 8/1
Peter Reid 10/1
John Collins 14/1
Iain Dowie 16/1
Glenn Hoddle 20/1
Gary Speed 20/1
Gerard Houllier 33/1