Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megson is an ideal candidate for Bolton IMO.

He is cheap in terms of compensation and package, is a manager with a tough, uncompromising style, he plays battling football which in the short term may just deliver the results needed to pull away from the trouble zone and if Bolton do end up being relegated then he has an excellent track record of winning promotion from this level.

Whilst Megson's record pales into insiginficance against that of Big Sam, he does have a lot of similar attributes and characteristics and I would imagine that would appeal to the Bolton board.

He is cheap in terms of compensation and package, is a manager with a tough, uncompromising style, he plays battling football which in the short term may just deliver the results needed to pull away from the trouble zone and if Bolton do end up being relegated then he has an excellent track record of winning promotion from this level.

Whilst Megson's record pales into insiginficance against that of Big Sam, he does have a lot of similar attributes and characteristics and I would imagine that would appeal to the Bolton board.

we live in hope :)

If I was Megson I'd fcuk off away from this club and it's vindictive fans ASAP.

The fact most of the complaints towards him are centred around the colour of his hair is ridiculous.

He's settled the defence, realised MDV is a complete idiot, dropped Hume when others daren't, got us through two cup rounds, and generally made us look a little more stable.

I'm "fairly" happy with him and expect him to start moving us forward with more goals soon.

The fact is we have conceeded very few goals,the fact is good teams are built upon a solid defence,the fact is he inherited some shockingly bad players.

:038::038:

At least he will actually have something in common with Mourinho if he doesnt get it - unemployment :)

Last edited:

i thought big sam was grey haired :102:

Im affraid the fact is, it's very difficult to score goals with 8 or 9 defenders on the pitch at the same time.

So we have not conceeded the least number of goals in the whole of the Division.Is that or is that not a fact? Yes or No will suffice

So we have not conceeded the least number of goals in the whole of the Division.Is that or is that not a fact? Yes or No will suffice
the defence has to be the first line to sort out.so far that is working.a decent striker is a must to take the pressure off everybody.

Can someone please outline the problem in the results GM has attained during his short tenure here? Please make sure you add in the injury/squad he has inherited and how you would have bettered it.

It all smacks of yet more unrealistic drivel coming from a few on here, the same few that believed, no doubt, that Kevin Keegan would end his retirement for the chance of a go at Leicester, or that perhaps Mr Hiddink would relish the challenge, let alone Paul Jewell.

GM has started extremely well. Fact. Probably up there with the best starts made by any LCFC manager in my life-time. But all because of a few 'he's negative' comments from rival fans, it seems he's now a victim of rumour once again. Ever since Charlton away he has made massive improvements which have culminated in a good home point against Wolves and a cracking away win at Sheff Weds as well as the cup run which sees us take on Chelski in a couple of weeks.

GM has steadied the ship extremely well, extremely quickly and Phil Gartside knows this. If he leaves, then I will be extremely disappointed. I can see it happening.

Last edited:
Top posting alex. I want to make you my special friend.

Can someone please outline the problem in the results GM has attained during his short tenure here? Please make sure you add in the injury/squad he has inherited and how you would have bettered it.

It all smacks of yet more unrealistic drivel coming from a few on here, the same few that believed, no doubt, that Kevin Keegan would end his retirement for the chance of a go at Leicester, or that perhaps Mr Hiddink would relish the challenge, let alone Paul Jewell.

GM has started extremely well. Fact. Probably up there with the best starts made by any LCFC manager in my life-time. But all because of a few 'he's negative' comments from rival fans, it seems he's now a victim of rumour once again. Ever since Charlton away he has made massive improvements which have culminated in a good home point against Wolves and a cracking away win at Sheff Weds as well as the cup run which sees us take on Chelski in a couple of weeks.

GM has steadied the ship extremely well, extremely quickly and Phil Gartside knows this. If he leaves, then I will be extremely disappointed. I can see it happening.

Great post Alex :038:

quite like that al :)

Well said.

Much as I was devastated by the departure of Martin Allen and dismayed by the appointment of Gary Megson, I have now warmed to GM and believe he is exactly the right manager for us at the moment.

I'm therefore hoping he does not go to Bolton. Don't let anyone ever say Bolton are a bigger club than Leicester City because it is patently not true. No argument whatsoever.

If GM does go, I can't see anyone who would come in and be a better proposition.

Have you seen us play under GM? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670