Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has nothing to do with expectations. You think we are boring but effective, I suggest that drawing games is wholly ineffective and results in relegation which can only be considered ineffective

The game I watched was the 2-0 win against Sheffield Wednesday. I know you mentioned we had no clearcut chances but I think we did and should of won by 3 or 4. That was effective regardless of opposition as you previously said you can only beat what's in front of you.

Megson is aware we lack an attacking edge hence his search for a loanee.

The game I watched was the 2-0 win against Sheffield Wednesday. I know you mentioned we had no clearcut chances but I think we did and should of won by 3 or 4. That was effective regardless of opposition as you previously said you can only beat what's in front of you.

Megson is aware we lack an attacking edge hence his search for a loanee.

I think we won by 2 corners that one of the worst teams in the league couldnt defend. Other than that we scored no goals. Dont get me wrong I was happy to win the game and if we did it every week I would still be happy. However we still can't score from open play which means we wont win games against reasonable sides.

I think we won by 2 corners that one of the worst teams in the league couldnt defend. Other than that we scored no goals. Dont get me wrong I was happy to win the game and if we did it every week I would still be happy. However we still can't score from open play which means we wont win games against reasonable sides.

And I do not believe that is GM's fault.

And I do not believe that is GM's fault.

Do you agree Megson picks the team?

Do you agree we are playing on average only 2 attack minded players?

Do you agree this makes it harder to score goals?

Do you agree its Megsons fault? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Do you agree Megson picks the team? Yes, although this is by no means his team yet.

Do you agree we are playing on average only 2 attack minded players? No, and should we be free from injury I believe we would play different, more attacking players.

Do you agree this makes it harder to score goals? I believe our lack of quality in the squad does, yes.

Do you agree its Megsons fault? No.

Radio leicester report that we have rejected an appraoch from boltion

But its rubbish he hasn't actually spoke to them its just Mandaric bigging him up etc.why would they want him ?

Last edited:
Milan Mandaric Statement
Following widespread speculation in the media regarding Bolton Wanderers' interest in our manager Gary Megson I can confirm that the Premier League club approached us early yesterday morning seeking official permission to speak to Gary. That approach has been completely rejected.

Such interest and continuing media speculation has inevitably had an unsettling influence and is neither invited or welcome.

I have worked tirelessly to bring stability to this club and showed immense faith in Gary to bring him here after a sustained period out of the game. While interest from a Premier League club appears flattering and vindicates my decision to bring Gary to the Walkers Stadium he remains an integral part of my plans to bring top flight football back to this club

I am a great believer in loyalty, trust and integrity. Gary made a commitment to this football club, the supporters and myself and I fully expect him to honour that commitment.

I therefore have no doubts in my own mind that Gary will reiterate his commitment when he talks publicly in the next 48 hours.

It is also important to point out that contrary to claims today Gary Megson has not spoken to Bolton Wanderers and furthermore is bound by a legally binding contract at Leicester City Football Club.

If Megson hasn't signed a contract then surely Bolton wouldn't need permission :102:

Edit Just read Milan's statement. Reading between the lines it looks like Megson wants to go, MM looks to be putting GM under intense pressure to come out and commit his future to the club or is laying the groundwork for a Little / McGhee type walk out

Last edited:
Milan Mandaric Statement
Following widespread speculation in the media regarding Bolton Wanderers' interest in our manager Gary Megson I can confirm that the Premier League club approached us early yesterday morning seeking official permission to speak to Gary. That approach has been completely rejected.

Such interest and continuing media speculation has inevitably had an unsettling influence and is neither invited or welcome.

I have worked tirelessly to bring stability to this club and showed immense faith in Gary to bring him here after a sustained period out of the game. While interest from a Premier League club appears flattering and vindicates my decision to bring Gary to the Walkers Stadium he remains an integral part of my plans to bring top flight football back to this club

I am a great believer in loyalty, trust and integrity. Gary made a commitment to this football club, the supporters and myself and I fully expect him to honour that commitment.

I therefore have no doubts in my own mind that Gary will reiterate his commitment when he talks publicly in the next 48 hours.

It is also important to point out that contrary to claims today Gary Megson has not spoken to Bolton Wanderers and furthermore is bound by a legally binding contract at Leicester City Football Club.

not possibly holding a gun to megsons head :102::icon_lol:

a month ago megson got the leicester job and everyone was like why the feck is he here.....now bolton want megson and we are all like hands off!! hahaha its kind of funny

a month ago megson got the leicester job and everyone was like why the feck is he here.....now bolton want megson and we are all like hands off!! hahaha its kind of funny

Not everyone. But you're right, until we look poor tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69