Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
a month ago megson got the leicester job and everyone was like why the feck is he here.....now bolton want megson and we are all like hands off!! hahaha its kind of funny

I don't think everyone was,many people didn't have an opinion and were prepared to give him a chance.His appointment was met with a fair bit of indifference IMO

Don't know why, but have a strange feeling that tomorrow's televised game will have an added twist along the lines that Leicester manager Gary Megson has not travelled to the match

Ah well, looks like Botlon were interested but told to get stuffed. Although MM statement almost sounds as if Megson has been told that he should stay rather than there being a mutually agreed rejection of the Bolton approach.

I think we've done OK with Megson because he plays the same 3-5-2 system as he did at West Brom during his tenure. We have 3 good centre backs and it's amazing that none of his predecessors took the same approach.

Don't know why, but have a strange feeling that tomorrow's televised game will have an added twist along the lines that Leicester manager Gary Megson has not travelled to the match

Megson won't take the bolton job, because bolton are doomed and going down and everyone knows that, he will stick it out with leicester because he knows that MM has taken a chance with him when no one else would give him a job, Megson will honour what MM has done and this is why doing his very best to get leicester back in the top flight, he will have a better repuation in the game if he gets us promoted then leaves us and goes to bolton and they get relegated,

regarding tomorrow's game, Megson will put out a strong team and we will win by a mile,

Ah well, looks like Botlon were interested but told to get stuffed. Although MM statement almost sounds as if Megson has been told that he should stay rather than there being a mutually agreed rejection of the Bolton approach.

I think we've done OK with Megson because he plays the same 3-5-2 system as he did at West Brom during his tenure. We have 3 good centre backs and it's amazing that none of his predecessors took the same approach.

That rejection means feck all, if Megson wants to go he will do, MM's statement puts the pressure on GM to come out publicly and state his intentions which suggests to me that GM wants at least the opportunity to talk to Bolton. I will be amazed if this has not soured his relationship with MM now beyond repair.

IMO one way or the other GM will be gone in days.

Megson won't take the bolton job, because bolton are doomed and going down and everyone knows that, he will stick it out with leicester because he knows that MM has taken a chance with him when no one else would give him a job, Megson will honour what MM has done and this is why doing his very best to get leicester back in the top flight, he will have a better repuation in the game if he gets us promoted then leaves us and goes to bolton and they get relegated,

regarding tomorrow's game, Megson will put out a strong team and we will win by a mile,

Better to have 7 months in the prem fighting a relegation battle and come down with a stronger squad and club than scrap it out in the championship with a side that may well at best drift around mid table.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry... I can't stand he thought of another blooming new manager poll.

Milan Mandaric Statement
I have worked tirelessly to bring stability to this club and showed immense faith in Gary to bring him here after a sustained period out of the game.

Gotta love that line. Not just because GM was the only person we could get.

So to sum up....

Bolton would like Megson, Megson would like to go to Bolton but it would make MM look silly so he is digging his heels in. Expect Megson gone next week :)

How do we know he wants to go there?

Because he will have already held "informal" talks, be it direct or through his Agent, prior to Bolton making an official approach. And judging by MM's statement there appears more than a little anger which would suggest that GM is at least interested.

Last edited:
this is a great oppotunity for meg dog to win the remaining doubters and detractors.

if he pledges his future here,well,even boc might change his mind :eek:

this is a great oppotunity for meg dog to win the remaining doubters and detractors.

if he pledges his future here,well,even boc might change his mind :eek:

I doubt that, I won't. He has gone down in my estimation (yes thats Possible) if he has spoken with Bolton whilst under contract.

I wonder what Shalamara has to say about a club approaching a Manager currently under contract.

Fcuking Cnut!!!

I doubt that, I won't. He has gone down in my estimation (yes thats Possible) if he has spoken with Bolton whilst under contract.
i dont know who you work for,but wouldn't you be a tad curious if a rival was interested in you.

i dont know one human being who doesent like being flattered and is curious when it comes to progressing up lifes ladder :102:

i dont know who you work for,but wouldn't you be a tad curious if a rival was interested in you.

i dont know one human being who doesent like being flattered and is curious when it comes to progressing up lifes ladder :102:

It's nowhere near a valid comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610