Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?
It's utter gash, designed to big him up

Pure Mandaric

We'll see Milan on SSN later saying how great he is, and giving a big "Hands Off" warning to Bolton

When in fact I suspect it has never even entered their heads to consider him in any way shape or form

It's a theory I wouldn't dismiss.

It is extremly odd that Gartside has come after him now, reasults here are ok but far from outstanding, and if he (PG) was such a "big fan" of Megsons, why on earth didn't offer him the Bolton job when Big Sam left, instead of handing it to a man with no managerial experince what so ever.

Last edited:

It is extremly odd that Gartside has come after him now, reasults here are ok but far from outstanding, and if he (PG) was such a "big fan" of Megsons, why on earth didn't offer him the Bolton job when Big Sam, left instead of handing it to a man with no Managerial experince what so ever.

Because Gartside is a bit of an idiot.

Why?
It's utter gash, designed to big him up

Pure Mandaric

We'll see Milan on SSN later saying how great he is, and giving a big "Hands Off" warning to Bolton

When in fact I suspect it has never even entered their heads to consider him in any way shape or form

You could be right there, HF

Just take a look at his nonsense statement on the OS - pretty much exactly as you have predicted there, word for word

Last edited:

It is extremly odd that Gartside has come after him now, reasults here are ok but far from outstanding, and if he (PG) was such a "big fan" of Megsons, why on earth didn't offer him the Bolton job when Big Sam left, instead of handing it to a man with no managerial experince what so ever.

What in the same way MM plumped for Martin Allen instead of Megson this summer :102:

You could be right there, HF

Just take a look at his nonsense statement on the OS - pretty much exactly as you have predicted there, word for word

So there was no approach and Milan is telling porkies?

What in the same way MM plumped for Martin Allen instead of Megson this summer :102:

Not quite the same is it, Martin Allen has a fairly succesfull managerial CV. Certain sections of the press thought he'd do a really good job here.

Anyone with half a brain could see Sammy Lee was going to flop.

Not quite the same is it, Martin Allen has a fairly succesfull managerial CV. Certain sections of the press thought he'd do a really good job here.

Anyone with half a brain could see Sammy Lee was going to flop.

It would seem to me that Gartside has realised the mistake he made and now wants to appoint a manager who will bring discipline, organisation and steel plus Megson will be a relatively cheap option which will be always be a major attraction to a side battling against the drop from the prem.

It would seem to me that Gartside has realised the mistake he made and now wants to appoint a manager who will bring discipline, organisation and steel plus Megson will be a relatively cheap option which will be always be a major attraction to a side battling against the drop from the prem.

hmm, cheap yes, but not as cheap as first thought, what with the talk of him having not signed a contract here yet.

There is also a serious lack of options, Bolton are one of the smallest teams in the Premier League, and they're serioulsly struggling. Not an attractive prospect to any other top flight manager. Paul Jewell aside theres not alot of unemployed managers out there either.

As per the Guardian article on the subject, apart from at West Brom his managerial record is dire. He plays negative, ugly football. He falls out with all around him. He comes across as rude, obnoxious and utterly uncharismatic. He doesn't excite me (steady) and I struggle to muster any respect for him. This tarnishes my excitement in the run up to a match. It saddens me that my beloved Leicester have that f*cking sadsack at the helm.

I could go on...

If we start playing nice, positive football and start climbing the table I'll eat my words. Until then, I'm glum about it.

If I was Megson I'd fcuk off away from this club and it's vindictive fans ASAP.

The fact most of the complaints towards him are centred around the colour of his hair is ridiculous.

He's settled the defence, realised MDV is a complete idiot, dropped Hume when others daren't, got us through two cup rounds, and generally made us look a little more stable.

I'm "fairly" happy with him and expect him to start moving us forward with more goals soon.

It's the constant references to his genital hair that leaves a nasty taste in my mouth

As per the Guardian article on the subject, apart from at West Brom his managerial record is dire. He plays negative, ugly football. He falls out with all around him. He comes across as rude, obnoxious and utterly uncharismatic. He doesn't excite me (steady) and I struggle to muster any respect for him. This tarnishes my excitement in the run up to a match. It saddens me that my beloved Leicester have that f*cking sadsack at the helm.

Doesn't sound like somebody that could get West Brom promoted twice does it?

If we can choose to ignore certain bits of peoples careers then let's take the D*rby and F*rest bits away from Clough, he was a rubbish manager right? See how ridiculous that is?

I'm certainly not a massive fan of Megson but what you have written here is unfair.

I could go on...

If we start playing nice, positive football and start climbing the table I'll eat my words. Until then, I'm glum about it.
why do you and your like allways leave a get out of jail sentance with the rest of the shite you write:018:

its not about eating your words,its about supporting your club.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like somebody that could get West Brom promoted twice does it?

If we can choose to ignore certain bits of peoples careers then let's take the D*rby and F*rest bits away from Clough, he was a rubbish manager right? See how ridiculous that is?

I'm certainly not a massive fan of Megson but what you have written here is unfair.

It's not unfair though, it's my feelings based on his career. Not fact.

why do you and your like allways leave a get out of jail sentance with the rest of the shite you write:018:

its not about eating your words,its about supporting your club.

Me and my like?! Haha, come off it. I support Leicester through the good times and the bad, that doesn't mean I have to blindly follow and like whoever happens to be in charge at a particular time. That's just ridiculous.

This is something I never get about 'you and your like' - me disliking a manager seems to suggest a lack of support for Leicester City. This is patently bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69