Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, earlier in the week there's talk of new signings to be included in the squad for tomorrow. Today, no talk of signings but a lot of froth over whether Megson is leaving or not.

What does it all mean?

I don't *toke* know man. Like, wow, you know *toke* it's all *toke* this one big thing *toke* you know?

Have you ever *toke* looked at your hand? *toke*

:033: :033: :033:

I find it strange that for whatever reason, Megson was not in a position to make a statement on his future yesterday, surely by doing this it would have taken the uncertainty away rather than letting it build up on the day of an important match.

It will be interesting to how he responds in his pre and post match interviews today, but the more and more I think about it this situation reminds me very much of the times that both Little and McGhee left the club.

The clubs solicitors have been informed + acording to one of their staff who deal with players and managers severence Megson has not signed his Leicetser contract yet..not sure what difference that makes?

On playing side, Sammy Lee tried to get BWFC playing football and failed, board obviously want to revert back to huffball and Megson is the master

The clubs solicitors have been informed + acording to one of their staff who deal with players and managers severence Megson has not signed his Leicetser contract yet..not sure what difference that makes?

On playing side, Sammy Lee tried to get BWFC playing football and failed, board obviously want to revert back to huffball and Megson is the master

It means MM has no leverage over GM in this situation. :icon_conf

Taken from today's BBC Gossip column

Leicester won't allow Gary Megson to talk to Bolton about succeeding axed manager Sammy Lee. (Mirror)

Could MM be trying to force Megson's hand. The more this goes on the more I see a parting of the ways. MM will be livid if GM is keen to speak to Bolton after only being here a matter of weeks, would really bruise Milan's ego, but you have to say based on his nine or ten months as chairman and his past record with managers and caretaker managers then you could say what goes around comes around.

Taken from today's BBC Gossip column

Leicester won't allow Gary Megson to talk to Bolton about succeeding axed manager Sammy Lee. (Mirror)

Could MM be trying to force Megson's hand. The more this goes on the more I see a parting of the ways. MM will be livid if GM is keen to speak to Bolton after only being here a matter of weeks, would really bruise Milan's ego, but you have to say based on his nine or ten months as chairman and his past record with managers and caretaker managers then you could say what goes around comes around.
A lot of people seem to be thinking like that. If Megson is having thoughts about the Bolton job, then it really does seem it will be only a matter of time if Bolton want him that much. The last thing we need is another upheaval of the management team, just when things seemed to be settling down a little.

I find it strange that for whatever reason, Megson was not in a position to make a statement on his future yesterday, surely by doing this it would have taken the uncertainty away rather than letting it build up on the day of an important match.

It will be interesting to how he responds in his pre and post match interviews today, but the more and more I think about it this situation reminds me very much of the times that both Little and McGhee left the club.
thats why i started a new thread on the timing of this :icon_wink

I'm sure the response at Scunthorpe today will be just like the famous televised Spurs game where the crowd managed to get MON to stay........

Last edited:
I'm sure the response at Scunthorpe today will be just like the famous televised Spurs game where the crowd managed to get MON to stay........

Or the Man City game televised just before Little left to take over at Villa...

Sounds like this one might not go away just yet.............

Or may be resolved this weekend. From the Mirror:

Bolton have been warned they will be reported to the FA and Premier League over their bid to make Gary Megson their new manager.

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric went mental yesterday as he revealed that Bolton had approached him for his recently-appointed boss who has yet to sign a three-year agreement at the Walkers Stadium.

Mandaric has ordered Megson to sign his contract within 48 hours or face the axe - as he puts him on the spot over the controversial affair.

Mandaric rapped: "We have had an approach to speak to Gary but that was completely rejected. Such interest is neither invited nor welcome. Gary has made a commitment and I expect him to honour it."

Unfortunately, I believe that our 'saviour' is full of shite and this situation may just come back to haunt him. Never mind though, it's his little toy and he'll throw a bit more money at the situation if it all goes pear shaped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Aston Villa615
3Manchester C  614
4Arsenal614
5Chelsea613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69