Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the forseeable future Gary Megson has the job of managing Leicester City

By "forseeable future" do you mean roughly 48 hours?

If Bolton really want Megson then they will get him. It all depends on how keen they are and how much they would be prepared to pay him. Simple as that.

We can assume that Megson would prefer to manage a premiership club albeit a struggling outfit and would probably think he could identify three teams who should finish below Bolton this season.

Megson hasn't even signed a contract with us - not that that would make any significant difference either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Megson's cutting it very fine to bring someone in before todays game...but I'm confident he won't let us down. C'MON LESTOH!"

Sorry,I was being ironic...or was that sarcastic.

I would like to volunteer to drive him to his interview. I won't even ask for a contribution towards petrol.

Last edited:
As far as Megson is concerned he knows Milan will sack him in a heartbeat, so loyalty isn't a consideration.

Milan is now worrying because he knows nobody else of any repute will take the job

Is he gone then... He can't be that unhappy with the result, a point was what to be expected with his tactics!

The only reason could be that he doesn't want to get into trouble with some comments he could make about the refereeing.

Although I'm not sure Milan will be a fan of Megsons silence.

Should be sorted one way or another today. The People:

Bolton Wanderers will decide between making Gary Megson, Graeme Souness or Chris Coleman their next manager in the next 24 hours.

Chairman Phil Gartside faces the big choice knowing Leicester City have given Megson an ultimatum and the Wanderers supremo will have to either offer him the job or give it to Souness or Coleman.

Megson wants to speak to Bolton about a mega-bucks move, but Gartside has been warned he will have a war on his hands with Leicester chief Milan Mandaric.

Gartside would be prepared to pay compensation for Megson - his surprise choice - but he has to make his mind up fast. There is the threat of an 'illegal approach' charge that could become messy.

Gartside jetted to France this week to interview former Fulham boss Coleman for the job. He travelled on Thursday, along with the club's chief executive Allan Duckworth and agent Mark Curtis to speak to Coleman, now manager of Spanish side Real Sociedad.

Bolton had made an official approach to Sociedad and although they did not respond to the bid, they were aware of Coleman's meeting with Gartside.

Should be sorted one way or another today. The People:

Obviously it's near impossible to assess the accuracy of the article you quoted but I do think:

1. Megson for certain would want to leave us to go to Bolton

2. Megson would not be Bolton's first choice - Coleman would be in every way a better and more marketable (to their fans) choice.

All this indicates to me is the lack of availability of decent managers. If Megson leaves then goodness knows who we will finish with given Milan's difficulties last time round. In my opinion it would have been a better move if we had signed up Warnock on a long term contract, but I realise that is not a popular view.

Anyone else get the feeling that Smegson won't publicly announce he is happy here today, and tomorrow he will be a gonner?

Question is who we can get to replace with him - I would go with Dave Penney, Gary Johnson, or my preferred choice Kenny Jackett.

i dont think megson wil go, i think its just all hyped up too much and certain rumours getting out of hand, he will stick it out at leicester, bolton would want someone who can keep them in the top league and further them like Chris Coleman,

i dont think megson wil go, i think its just all hyped up too much and certain rumours getting out of hand, he will stick it out at leicester, bolton would want someone who can keep them in the top league and further them like Chris Coleman,

Bolton would have to be pretty desperate to bring in Megson - but maybe they are.

That said, it does appear that he is building up his credibility by being seen as sorting out Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Aston Villa615
3Manchester C  614
4Arsenal614
5Chelsea613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69