Bradley Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
and how many of that last 4 did you see?

I was at the Ipswich game. I don't live in Leicester anymore so can't get to as many games as I would like. But I still support them through and through and I don't agree with the negativity that has manifested itself amongst the fans.

Typical of a Leicester fan these days...ever the optimist
I never offered an opinion :102:

I offered some stats to balance against yours :icon_conf

Optimists/pessimists take their lead form what might happen in the future, I merely pointed out some facts from recent history. Weren't they as nice to read as yours?

We've played 3 top half teams over the christmas period and picked up 5 points. We lost to a much improved QPR who are deservedly climbing the table. I'm not saying we're going to waltz out of this relegation battle but I do feel things are on the up and I think we're in a better position under Ollie than we were under Megson. I'm speaking prospect wise not league standing wise, before anyone tries to get smart arsed

so when we go down you will be able to say "well we did play a top 21 team each week"

so when we go down you will be able to say "well we did play a top 21 team each week"

I don't believe we will go down. But I won't use that as an excuse. I am just pointing out that we've taken points off teams that are vying for promotion. It's encouraging.

I am just pointing out that we've taken points off teams that are vying for promotion. It's encouraging.
And we've lost points to teams that are fighting off relegation. It's frightening.

I never offered an opinion :102:

I offered some stats to balance against yours :icon_conf

Optimists/pessimists take their lead form what might happen in the future, I merely pointed out some facts from recent history. Weren't they as nice to read as yours?

Negative, surely the optimism/pessimism comes from our current standing off and on the pitch. :icon_conf

i like the sound of this new kid, he is a midfielder and i believe that IH will bring in the right sorts of players, at plymouth he did bring in a few no names that are now going to premier league teams and better championship teams, i feel he has brought Johnson because he knows his capability and knows what he can do otherwise he wouldnt sign a kid, i can see his boy learning and improving with better players around with espically if GK comes down from sunderland

Negative, surely the optimism/pessimism comes from our current standing off and on the pitch. :icon_conf
I think people are born pessimistic or optimistic.

I have had lots of good things happen to me, never changed my way of thinking

We've played 3 top half teams over the christmas period and picked up 5 points. We lost to a much improved QPR who are deservedly climbing the table. I'm not saying we're going to waltz out of this relegation battle but I do feel things are on the up and I think we're in a better position under Ollie than we were under Megson. I'm speaking prospect wise not league standing wise, before anyone tries to get smart arsed

I can understand the general feeling of negativity on these boards lately, we haven't had a lot to smile about this season after what looked to be a promising year for us. But I think I share your optimism that things will turn around eventually. I think we need to get a reliable goalkeeper though. And a few decent attacking wingers. Whether that will happen or not in this window who knows? I found it a bit bemusing that we signed two strikers first off rather than strengthening our midfield and getting Fulop back or someone as good as him. I don't see us getting relegated just yet, but midtable is about all we can hope for in my opinion, barring some kind of miracle.

This thread highlights why i don't come on here as often anymore.

Ive had enough of the attitude many on here possess, im very negative about the current team but some of you lot take the urine.

If you dont have an opinion on a new player yet then why the **** are you in this thread.

If you dont have an opinion on a new player yet then why the **** are you in this thread.
Because we haven't seen him play and we are trying to find out more about him :102:

this guy is young, won't cost the earth, won't demand big wages

even he's not that good, it's not a massive gamble

and if he's good, jackpot

i reckon we should sign about four players like this!

To sum it up then.

He's a 20 yr old, left footed attacking midfielder.
He's played 51 times for Northampton and scored 10 goals.
He's impressed enough to attract attention from more than 1 Championship team.
He hasn't cost a lot.
He's young so he will make mistakes.
We currently have feckin' nobody to play left midfield.
Ollie has shown before that he has an eye for a player so we'll just have to hope that he turns out to be a Guppy and not a Low.

Meantime shall we just all chill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673