Bradley Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
To sum it up then.

He's a 20 yr old, left footed attacking midfielder.
He's played 51 times for Northampton and scored 10 goals.
He's impressed enough to attract attention from more than 1 Championship team.
He hasn't cost a lot.
He's young so he will make mistakes.
We currently have feckin' nobody to play left midfield.
Ollie has shown before that he has an eye for a player so we'll just have to hope that he turns out to be a Guppy and not a Low.

Meantime shall we just all chill.

....and the deal is only at price agreed. Nothing to stop anyone else having a chat with Bradley.

To sum it up then.

He hasn't cost a lot.
Ollie has shown before that he has an eye for a player so we'll just have to hope that he turns out to be a Guppy and not a Low.

Bugger that, I'm hoping he turns out to be a Steven Gerrard or a Lampard. :icon_wink

Typical of a Leicester fan these days...ever the optimist

We've played 3 top half teams over the christmas period and picked up 5 points. We lost to a much improved QPR who are deservedly climbing the table. I'm not saying we're going to waltz out of this relegation battle but I do feel things are on the up and I think we're in a better position under Ollie than we were under Megson. I'm speaking prospect wise not league standing wise, before anyone tries to get smart arsed

Yes but did you go yesterday and see the inept display?

Any optimism I had after satdee disappeared within 10 minutes....
We can't afford to have a couple of decentish games followed by a handful of rubbish ones, pretty much how this season has gone so far.

To sum it up then.

He hasn't cost a lot.

Pretty much sums it up!

Im sure many of these new signings are/will be from Ollies general shopping list, if he was still at Plymouth he would probably be signing these players for them. I'd be happy if he achieves here what he did at Plymouth short term.

He's alright, spanks in a few goals from 30 yards occasionally. Works hard. Very one-footed (left). Creates some chances. Plays central midfield.

Infinitely better than Josh Low. Harder-working, about eight years younger and scores goals.

I've just spoken to a friend who is a season ticket holder at Northampton and has pretty much said the same. Works hard in midfield, good engine and scores some cracking goals. They knew he wouldn't be there long and would move to a bigger team...definatley not another Josh Low!

never heard of him, hope he's good if he comes, but hope he's not the last signing this month. we NEED creativity in the midfield!!!! FFS, just some well experienced creative midfielders!!!!!!!!!!! its not difficult!!!!! ARRRGHHHHH SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!

never heard of him, hope he's good if he comes, but hope he's not the last signing this month. we NEED creativity in the midfield!!!! FFS, just some well experienced creative midfielders!!!!!!!!!!! its not difficult!!!!! ARRRGHHHHH SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!
OK, so who would you get?

just some well experienced creative midfielders!!!!!!!!!!! its not difficult!!!!!

No it's not... if you want to spend 2/3 million on one player.

Had you heard of muzzy izzet when we signed him?

just some well experienced creative midfielders!!!!!!!!!!! its not difficult!!!!!

They would be expensive
They wouldn't want to come here

Two barriers, which would be fairly difficult to overcome.

Had you heard of muzzy izzet when we signed him?

But in Muzzy's case he came from a top notch club. I think the frustration about BJ is not so much the player as the club he comes from.

Let's be honest, if he came from Arsenal nobody would bat an eyelid that they hadn't heard of him before.

They would be expensive
They wouldn't want to come here

Two barriers, which would be fairly difficult to overcome.

Yes but we are the famous and mighty Leicester City, the pinnacle for any decent footballer should be to wear the blue shirt and ply their trade at the Walkers Stadium. FFS I don't know what the feck is wrong with Ollie it is the 3rd January and still no sign of Kaka, Ronaldo, Drogba or Joey.

But in Muzzy's case he came from a top notch club. I think the frustration about BJ is not so much the player as the club he comes from.

Let's be honest, if he came from Arsenal nobody would bat an eyelid that they hadn't heard of him before.

You can't judge players on where they come from you have to start somewhere.

Yes but we are the famous and mighty Leicester City, the pinnacle for any decent footballer should be to wear the blue shirt and ply their trade at the Walkers Stadium. FFS I don't know what the feck is wrong with Ollie it is the 3rd January and still no sign of Kaka, Ronaldo, Drogba or Joey.

We've bought Howard and Hayles, we don't need any more strikers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669