Breaking News: McLeod

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prospect of Izale McLeod and DJ Campbell as our strikeforce excites me.
Matty Fryatt is history, if he stays he will only be a reminder of the CL & RK disaster.

Them 2 up front will score goals i agree Stevie , Humey wide left( if Robinson doesnt come, Kaibbi or Newton on the right we will look good going forward. Hope Charlton dont nick him like they did Toddy. (but they were also after DJ) lets hope its sorted soon and a lef back so the team has a chance to play a few games together
ps what did they say on SSN?

Why the hell do any of you think hume is a left winger?

Lads i know it's a new era and we have a bit more cash to splash but lets be realistic we are not going to keep:

Fryatt
Hume
DJ
Cort and
McLeod

All on our books plus the dross strikers we can't shift. Even striker mad Warnock couldn't keep that up!!!!

Hume played wide for hs previous club Tranmere, Cort is crocked already so;
DJ
Izale
Matty
2 from them 3
Hume wide or just behind

We will be the leagues top scorers!

I think the signing of McLeod could be an admission that MDV for all his effort ain't good enough, Elvis will be gone if a buyer can be found and that the management realise that Cort is just not going to be able to stay fit for any sustained spell.

This would provide us with 4 decent strikers and potentially a number of possible conatations (sp) of partnerships.

DJ
Hume
McLeod
Fryatt

I still would not be surprised to see another striker come in if the club decide to cash in on Fryatt.

A to the Z ... you've missed the quality striker that is Carl Cort off your list :icon_wink

Whilst I agree that Carl Cort is an injury waiting to happen, I think it's a bit harsh to write him off at this stage (this stage being before the first competitive game since he signed a two year contract). He's currently got a hamstring strain and will be out for about two weeks. It's not a brain tumour...

If he is ever fit, I reckon he'll play - and do well.

Them 2 up front will score goals i agree Stevie , Humey wide left( if Robinson doesnt come, Kaibbi or Newton on the right we will look good going forward. Hope Charlton dont nick him like they did Toddy. (but they were also after DJ) lets hope its sorted soon and a lef back so the team has a chance to play a few games together
ps what did they say on SSN?

If that was the plan, I'm sure MA would have given him a run out on the wing in a friendly by now. It's quite clear that Hume will be a striker this season, not a winger.

If McLoed comes in i fear it will demote Hume to the bench, which would be very unfair on him.

If that was the plan, I'm sure MA would have given him a run out on the wing in a friendly by now. It's quite clear that Hume will be a striker this season, not a winger.

If McLoed comes in i fear it will demote Hume to the bench, which would be very unfair on him.

I'd be very very surprised if that would ever happen, on the basis of the new contract he's just signed, and potentially Hume could be our captain next season.

Last edited:

Unfair? Tosh! If Hume is on the bench that means that we have two or three strikers that are better than him, and that has to be great news for the club - a strike force so powerful that Hume is only number three!

- a strike force so powerful that

In our dreams......let's not forget that we are talking about improving from a level where last season we struggled to get a goal.

Hume is decent....best we had....but no more. D J Campbell is a good signing and is likely to get his ration of goals; Fryatt was a virtual right off last year and is still quite likely to leave at the right opportunity; as far as I know Mcleod is not near to signing for us; most people think MDV is a donkey (which is more than a bit unfair) and Elvis would have a strong claim to a place in City's worst ever side.

I realise that i am often characterised as a moaner....but let's not get carried away and let's keep expectations at a reasonable level.

For the little it's worth, I think we need a creative midfielder and a genuine left sided attacking player before we can be confident of scoring lots of goals....and we all know that these are difficult to find at a price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be very suprised to see Hume omitted from our starting line up. He embodies all the characteristics that Allen wants from our squad, was our player of the season, and is scoring in pre-season.

Good post Redditch.

I can't help feeling that Fryup should be much better and that it is the club who had allowed his talent to decrease.

For the little it's worth, I think we need a creative midfielder and a genuine left sided attacking player before we can be confident of scoring lots of goals....and we all know that these are difficult to find at a price.

If these two positions were filled with quality players then I shouldn't think there would be too much of a problem scoring, what we have already got are decent enough to score the goals to get us near the play offs. IMO these must be sorted before any other players come in, left midfield is vital otherwise we may have to witness Hughes playing again, only this time on the left!! :100:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47