Breaking News: McLeod

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha ha! your right. lets scrap the youth team. I've got doubts about a couple of those 16 years olds, oh and half the players in the first team.

i am talking about managment doubts, the youth team won the league last season and a few of them were offered pro terms so there is no doubts with them and half the first team have been dumped except the new ones havn't played yet!!

I still think we should cash in now on Matty.

Realistically he will be in the reserves or on the bench at best come the start of the season, and that's hardly likely to improve his confidence. Then we will be left with a striker low on confidence, not in the team, and increasingly distant from the last time he was actually any good, which doesn't make for a particularly saleable asset.

The alternative is to stick him in the team regardless (at the expense of Hume, DJ, Cort, new striker?) and hope he can suddenly rediscover what he hasn't really shown for more than a year. It's a gamble - if he doesn't come good pretty quickly then he'll be a confirmed flop and virtually worthless.

The last time we hung on to a player who wanted to leave and wasn't guaranteed a first team spot was when we turned down good money from Sunderland for Maybury. That looks like a really stupid decision now...

I'd sooner take 1.5m now when he's supposed to be good, than get bugger all come Christmas when everyone sees that he's shite.

...the trouble is though, I still don't see that swapping him for McLeod is the way forward.

what's the latest news on McLeod?

He was seen leaving Morrison's in Leicester with a bag of goods that, rumour has it, contained a multi-pack of Diet Coke. Experts have seen this as a clear sign that he is planning on moving to the area and signing for Leicester City this week.

He has retreated to his castle on Skye

He was seen leaving Morrison's in Leicester with a bag of goods that, rumour has it, contained a multi-pack of Diet Coke. Experts have seen this as a clear sign that he is planning on moving to the area and signing for Leicester City this week.

Dear Singth... it was diet pepsi. Please get your facts right. Honestly, some people.

Should our new star striker really be drinking soda???

Oh for crying out loud! Some people are never happy are they?! I bet you wouldn't complain if he had been seen carrying strong-man drinks like Lucozade or Irn-Bru?????????????????:icon_lol::icon_wink

I still think we should cash in now on Matty.

Realistically he will be in the reserves or on the bench at best come the start of the season, and that's hardly likely to improve his confidence. Then we will be left with a striker low on confidence, not in the team, and increasingly distant from the last time he was actually any good, which doesn't make for a particularly saleable asset.

The alternative is to stick him in the team regardless (at the expense of Hume, DJ, Cort, new striker?) and hope he can suddenly rediscover what he hasn't really shown for more than a year. It's a gamble - if he doesn't come good pretty quickly then he'll be a confirmed flop and virtually worthless.

The last time we hung on to a player who wanted to leave and wasn't guaranteed a first team spot was when we turned down good money from Sunderland for Maybury. That looks like a really stupid decision now...

I think we should move on Fryatt too. But the signs all point to us having a serious shortage of fit, viable strikers - I dismiss Cort completely as a ludicrous mistake so you are left with DJ and Hume. In those circs and given that Milan is able to bank roll the club, we can't and don't need cash in on Fryatt until we have brought in someone half decent - McLeod or whoever.

Although probably spot on, I think it's too early to dismiss Cort.

I guess lots of people read other clubs' match reports like I do. Especially Sunday papers.

The Cort story is always the same: he is out injured; getting injured or quite commonly returning from injury and sited (not a typo) on the subs bench. He comes on and is described as "rusty", "not match fit" or something similar. The next thing you read he is injured again and out for " probably 6 weeks".....and so it goes in a never ending cycle.

I realise he cost nothing and presumably Milan has linked spending his money to appearances made.....and it is Milan's concern and his money but I honestly think he should be discounted for all planning purposes.

Sadly we have to disregard MDV - he just isn't going to get a chance from our fans and probably isn't quite good enough at this level anyway....so I just don't think we are equipped to sell Fryatt at this moment tho' he has to go when feasible.

Can a mod rename this thread please so that it doesn't say "Breaking news" everytime it appears on this front page :icon_roll

Can a mod rename this thread please so that it doesn't say "Breaking news" everytime it appears on this front page :icon_roll

agree every time i come on here i think that we have signed someone really good :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46