Breaking News: McLeod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fryatt has never really looked like a decent striker to me :102:

God will strike you down for such an utterance

He is better than Pele, Maradonna and Georgie Best put together - and any alternative opinion you might have is just damn typical of you fickle Leicester fans :icon_roll

I honestly think we will struggle to maintain a top half position this season. There are a lot of good teams in the Championship that are actual teams so to speak, whereas we are a bunch of blokes put together this season, with little understanding of each other. We need to be a 'team' before we go up if we want to stay there.

I really hope I'm wrong and we do better than I predict, its just after the last 3 seasons of being optimistic, I have been left completely deflated about our prospects after the very first game!!

I will probably get slated for saying this but apart from maybe sheff utd and wolves i relly cant see how any other team in the championship has got such a better chance than us :102:

I will probably get slated for saying this but apart from maybe sheff utd and wolves i relly cant see how any other team in the championship has got such a better chance than us :102:

God bless you :038:

One team, one dream........

Because no other team has appointed a new manager and signed 12 new players, just think it is a lot to expect it all to run smoothly first time round.

God will strike you down for such an utterance

He is better than Pete, Madonna and Georgie fame put together - and any alternative opinion you might have is just damn typical of you fickle Leicester fans :icon_roll
:eek:

Sorry, just don't buy the fact that young players can never have bad periods and if they do then we should sell them ASAP.

By that logic, Man Utd should have sold Rooney last year, Owen would have gone from Liverpool in 99, Gerrard would have gone from Liverpool in his 2nd season etc etc, Lineker would never have made it, neither would Heskey.

I can't think of one young player, at that highest level, or at ours where there hasn't been a 6 month dip in form for whatever reason. The fact that we aren't willing to give talented players the chance to fight back is ridiculous and says more about our fans than the players.

All of which had shown more of as a player than Fryatt has at the same age. :icon_conf

Because no other team has appointed a new manager and signed 12 new players, just think it is a lot to expect it all to run smoothly first time round.

To a point i agree all i am saying is nobody knows how our new team will perform we may gel straight away we may also be shite and finish bottom but untill the season gets under way nobody really knows

all i am saying is nobody knows how our new team will perform we may gel straight away we may also be shite and finish bottom but untill the season gets under way nobody really knows

:102:

To a point i agree all i am saying is nobody knows how our new team will perform we may gel straight away we may also be shite and finish bottom but untill the season gets under way nobody really knows

That is why I am predicting mid table........

All of which had shown more of as a player than Fryatt has at the same age. :icon_conf

Lineker hadn't, he wasn't a regular in the Leicester team til he was 21/22 and in the seasons before that barely played for any periods.

One could argue, Fryatt has shown & played more at a decent level by this time.

So we'd have got rid of him by the logic of some and bought Tommy English years before.

Having been a City fan for very nearly 30 years now (you have no idea how old that makes me feel), one defining trait over the years is that we have to have someone to boo, whether it be Tommy Williams, Tommy English, Russelll Osman, Simon Grayson, Jordan Stewart, MDV... etc (1sdt names that sprung to mind)

Fryatt was a diamond amongst a bunch of crap, let's be honest - how many of our 1st XI last year would have got into any competitive Championship side? But, when fit and motivated (and I appreciate the latter is the bone of contention), he was a class apart from the rest. his lack of pace may be a long term concern, but with Hume and Campbell to play alongside him hopefully this won't be as much of a problem.

Fryatt has a good amount of ability, and a hell of a lot of potential - we ought to get behind our team and encourage. (Not just with regards to Fryatt, but the team as a whole - I beleive I made the same point five months ago: if you shout and scream and boo enough that a player or side is shit, they will quickly begin to live down to the expectation. While we pay our money, and are entitled to opinions, vocal or not. But think about it: if you had 20,000 people screaming 'You're shite!' or 20,000 people shouting 'Come on!' which are you more likely to repsond positively to?

He is far from the finished article, has been associated with a team that has been well below par and expectation for a couple of years (while he has been here). But when he has played, he has shown simple things like being able to trap a ball, composure in the box (which, the admittedly hard-working, Iain Hume has never, ever shown), and promise.

When we as a club and support learn to encourage our young players, instead of discounting them as failures after 6 months or a year of below par performance or results, we will take far bigger a step forward than Milan coming in as Chairman.

When Eric Odihambo was given his award as one of the top apprentices in the country last year, there were about three people applauding him - why would he feel any love for a club that showed him so little when he was recognised on a national scale?

Right now we have a new manager, new staff, and likely a whole new team (which for the record is likely to be terribly inconstent fo the first few months as they will not developed full cohesion - does that mean we boo each and every one of them for not living up to unrealstic expectations?)

If as a fan base we want to destroy every young player that suffers a drop in form or confidence, I suggest we carry on: we're pretty good at it. Or we could try a radical new approach and actually support our team instead of slag them off, and encoruaging our guys. Yes, it's it's galling that they earn multiple times what we do, but it is what it is, and expecting them (and opposing teams) to perform like form-driven robots week in week out is simply unrealsitic.

Last edited:
Having been a City fan for very nearly 30 years now (you have no idea how old that makes me feel), one defining trait over the years is that we have to have someone to boo, whether it be Tommy Williams, Tommy English, Russelll Osman, Simon Grayson, Jordan Stewart, MDV... etc (1sdt names that sprung to mind)

Fryatt was a diamond amongst a bunch of crap, let's be honest - how many of our 1st XI last year would have got into any competitive Championship side? But, when fit and motivated (and I appreciate the latter is the bone of contention), he was a class apart from the rest. his lack of pace may be a long term concern, but with Hume and Campbell to play alongside him hopefully this won't be as much of a problem.

Fryatt has a good amount of ability, and a hell of a lot of potential - we ought to get behind our team and encourage. (Not just with regards to Fryatt, but the team as a whole - I beleive I made the same point five months ago: if you shout and scream and boo enough that a player or side is shit, they will quickly begin to live down to the expectation. While we pay our money, and are entitled to opinions, vocal or not. But think about it: if you had 20,000 people screaming 'You're shite!' or 20,000 people shouting 'Come on!' which are you more likely to repsond positively to?

He is far from the finished article, has been associated with a team that has been well below par and expectation for a couple of years (while he has been here). But when he has played, he has shown simple things like being able to trap a ball, composure in the box (which, the admittedly hard-working, Iain Hume has never, ever shown), and promise.

When we as a club and support learn to encourage our young players, instead of discounting them as failures after 6 months or a year of below par performance or results, we will take far bigger a step forward than Milan coming in as Chairman.

When Eric Odihambo was given his award as one of the top apprentices in the country last year, there were about three people applauding him - why would he feel any love for a club that showed him so little when he was recognised on a national scale?

Right now we have a new manager, new staff, and likely a whole new team (which for the record is likely to be terribly inconstent fo the first few months as they will not developed full cohesion - does that mean we boo each and every one of them for not living up to unrealstic expectations?)

If as a fan base we want to destroy every young player that suffers a drop in form or confidence, I suggest we carry on: we're pretty good at it. Or we could try a radical new approach and actually support our team instead of slag them off, and encoruaging our guys. Yes, it's it's galling that they earn multiple times what we do, but it is what it is, and expecting them (and opposing teams) to perform like form-driven robots week in week out is simply unrealsitic.

I Agree. But don't make the mistake of thinking that all people who post negative comments on forums will boo the players, or not try to encourage them. This place is for opinions, what is said here won't effect the players.

Like I say you are consistent.

IMO consistently wrong, and keep making the same point over and over again at every opportunity.

I don't agree with the idea of getting rid of every player who played badly, on what timescale is this? 2 games? 6 months? a Season?!

If we are intending to develop our young players over the long term then you can't just ship them out at times when form dips for whatever reason.

Young players, no matter who (Rooney, Owen, Gerrard etc etc) will always suffer from dips in form/confidence for any number of reasons, and often its called 2nd seasons syndrome. Most managers/clubs/fans stick by them as they (hopefully) come through and develop.

As I say this is Fryatt's chance to do that here, if he doesn't then its fair to expect him to be sold in the Jan window or end of the season.

but keeping them because they had 2 good games over the course of the season?

I can understand completely why MM and MA would wanna sell if there was betting odds it would be favourites for fryatt to continue where he has left off. He has more chance of doing better at a different club so why not just have the sell on clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669