Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t help that he comes across as smarmy and arrogant.

Allied to that he makes decisions that are totally unfathomable and ridiculous.

He also appears to love himself, and think he is always right.

He doesn’t learn from his mistakes.

A lot of fans think he would jump ship at the drop of a hat.

mother than that, dunno?
So true. Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

I admit that I may have missed the odd entry on this, and other threads, but the thing that concerns me most about the Leicester situation hasn't been addressed. It is the seeming lack of communication. Brendan Rodgers appears to have gone in to this transfer window believing that he would be in a position to make signings.

I can understand the need to reduce the squad before new arrivals but, it doesn't seem that this was made clear to him. The fact that we were 'promised' five or six new faces is undoubtedly one of the main causes of dissatisfaction. Had the club made things clear to the fans, I think that we would better have understood, and accepted.

I can understand the need to reduce the squad before new arrivals but, it doesn't seem that this was made clear to him.

BR would have known that. And he would have expected the likes of Tielemans, Soyuncu, Vestergaard and others to leave early in the window.

The failure has been our inability to move players out.

We've got a reputation for sticking to our guns when selling players, and getting the best price possible, which is great when it works. But for players like Soyuncu and Tielemans who can leave for free next summer, maybe we should have been more proactive in trying to get rid of them.

The failure to clear players out isn't Brendan's responsibility though, presumably?

Would that fall to Rudkin at the minute? I assume that's not the head of recruitment's job; it's on Rudkin to get deals done.

I admit that I may have missed the odd entry on this, and other threads, but the thing that concerns me most about the Leicester situation hasn't been addressed. It is the seeming lack of communication. Brendan Rodgers appears to have gone in to this transfer window believing that he would be in a position to make signings.

I can understand the need to reduce the squad before new arrivals but, it doesn't seem that this was made clear to him. The fact that we were 'promised' five or six new faces is undoubtedly one of the main causes of dissatisfaction. Had the club made things clear to the fans, I think that we would better have understood, and accepted.
Coming out at the start of the window saying we need to sell to buy when we have a load of crap players to get rid of would massively undermined our negotiating position

We also have to remember that Rodgers is just protecting the Rodgers brand. If he can act as if his hands are tied, he's probably hoping that any potential future suitor would be more accommodating to our poor form.
This is an important point that many forget. BR is a remarkably driven personality. To be fair to him, he's done very well for someone without any discernable talent.

He steals ideas from other coaches and claims those ideas. He hears what other coaches say and he says those things. He watches how other coaches act and he acts like them. He's even changed his physical appearance, because those he aspires to be like are fit, from a podgy little fella to someone who must spend a lot of time in the gym.

Everything he says and does is for Brendan Rodgers Ltd. That's fine when it benefits our club, but the reason people have never really taken to him is because we all know he'd dump us in a second if a better offer came along.

I think he's like this with players too. He will tell them whatever he thinks that they want to hear. I've seen several accounts from his former players that he does this and then often just doesn't deliver his promises to them. I think this also explains his tendency towards working with fewer 'opinionated' players and more of the 'easily persuaded' types.

We are the biggest pay day Rodgers will ever have. He won’t be getting a renewal and he won’t be getting paid like this anywhere else. His stock is through the floor.

No doubt he put a good word in for Lee Congerton, that alone is worth the boot.

Could go either way really, Arteta has turned it around really well at Arsenal after adding a clutch if his own players and getting rid of trouble makers. He was on the brink of the sack if you look at all the fan unrest at the time but the club stuck to the plan.

Brendan no doubt knows what positions we need better in and which players just plain aren't good enough. There is an argument though that a good manager will get the best out of any player. Brendan is also very one dimensional if you ask me..

Man U will be in for him in no time either way...

I’m not so sure Rodgers didn’t know the situation before bleating on about a refresh. As others have said, he puts the onus on the club for any future failings, and not himself.

Have we sacked the **** yet?

53 of you are deluded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371