Brexit

EU says it will allow the UK to delay the full implementation of the protocol (why get Brexit done eh?) and won't start legal action again yet...

that's that can kicked down the road, but it'll be back

EU says it will allow the UK to delay the full implementation of the protocol (why get Brexit done eh?) and won't start legal action again yet...

that's that can kicked down the road, but it'll be back
I fully expect it to get to the point where the government try to pull the old Freeman of the Land defence to get out of any obligations, it's getting that farcical.

i think that in the end the EU will have to start legal action, they've given the UK plenty of time and are cautious of the bad guy narrative

it's a shame that Labour are scared of pointing out how badly Brexit is going, but an election is a couple of years away, no need to carp on about it yet when it will gradually get worse and worse and a fairly reasonable 2023 manifesto of "they've messed it up, let's get in the Customs Union and Single Market but stay out of the EU and get our jobs back" could play well

i think that in the end the EU will have to start legal action, they've given the UK plenty of time and are cautious of the bad guy narrative

it's a shame that Labour are scared of pointing out how badly Brexit is going, but an election is a couple of years away, no need to carp on about it yet when it will gradually get worse and worse and a fairly reasonable 2023 manifesto of "they've messed it up, let's get in the Customs Union and Single Market but stay out of the EU and get our jobs back" could play well
I think the NI joke hike to cover their own misspending, combined with the fact it will only be wasted because they haven't actually planned how to use it, might finally, just finally, persuade some middle and lower income voters that the Tories aren't actually for the people. It's amazing it takes something like this, but there you go.

Brexit is actually shitting in our rivers
would like to hear the mental gymnastics to find something else to blame apart from Brexit on this one...

I think the NI joke hike to cover their own misspending, combined with the fact it will only be wasted because they haven't actually planned how to use it, might finally, just finally, persuade some middle and lower income voters that the Tories aren't actually for the people. It's amazing it takes something like this, but there you go.
Madness isn’t it - who should pay for social care, the working class with big mortgages and lots of debts, or the retirees who are actually using it and have paid-up mortgages and have fewer debts?!

Madness isn’t it - who should pay for social care, the working class with big mortgages and lots of debts, or the retirees who are actually using it and have paid-up mortgages and have fewer debts?!

And in totally unrelated news the headlines today are back to migrants.

This juxtaposition is fantastic

E-yvP5kXMAQT-hC.jpeg

Nice to see the adjacent picture of a tetra-national embraced by everyone.

Do you think they know they do it? Maybe I'm giving them too much credit in thinking good/bad immigant shit is intentional. Maybe they just think their readers are thick.

Do you think they know they do it? Maybe I'm giving them too much credit in thinking good/bad immigant shit is intentional. Maybe they just think their readers are thick.

You can be both in favour of immigration and against the illegal movement of people across the channel.

You can be both in favour of immigration and against the illegal movement of people across the channel.

That is true. It's not really the biggest story of yesterday though is it? Yet is for the express, who are not in favour of immigration at all.

when you say "illegal"... what law have they broken?

when you say "illegal"... what law have they broken?

I was referring to the people trafficking.

However my understanding is that anyone landing in the UK not in a usual entry point or claiming asylum immediately is entering the country illegally.

Most of those crossing the channel are in this category.

I was referring to the people trafficking.

However my understanding is that anyone landing in the UK not in a usual entry point or claiming asylum immediately is entering the country illegally.

Most of those crossing the channel are in this category.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463