Brexit

Boris-loving Heck sausages… to hire Afghan refugees as it warns it may not be able to make pigs in blankets for Christmas

Now that’s taking back control!

Yeah something better than the Press that are 100% accurate about everything, I mean who can forget that great goal Vardy scored with his head against Wolves. I was there and watched him score it with his foot but the media reported it as scored with his head so I was wrong.

Boris-loving Heck sausages… to hire Afghan refugees as it warns it may not be able to make pigs in blankets for Christmas

Relying on foreigners eh? Why not just pay everyone in the UK's supply chain £50k+. That's a win for UK workers that will have no knock on to prices or the competitiveness of uk companies....or so local papers Facebook comments sections say.

This is the government response to those rose-tinted hopes that Brexit will drive wages up: a company with the ear of the Prime Minister wants to employ inmates instead of free people. It'll cost them a lot less than minimum wage, leaving plenty for bonuses and a corporate donation to the political party giving them cheap labour, and when the people remaining in these jobs are done out of their livelihoods by this approach - well more social security claimants to demonise are always useful

Relying on foreigners eh? Why not just pay everyone in the UK's supply chain £50k+. That's a win for UK workers that will have no knock on to prices or the competitiveness of uk companies....or so local papers Facebook comments sections say.
Or we could just stick with the current version which is make them work 60 plus hours a week pay them all minimum wage and let the government (tax payers) top their wages up with tax credits. There's always the food banks to fall back on when things get really tough
If people earn a decent living wage then they aren't reliant on tax credits and food banks, then they aren't reliant on the tax payers to top up their income.
I would happily pay more for goods if it brought dignity back to a low paid worker.
The low wages were/are already happening and people found a way around it but the government brought it to an end and now wages will have to rise to make up the difference

It's funny how companies like Amazon, Costa, McDonald's etc etc all use creative accounting to get around paying fair taxes yet we all quite happily buy their products.
An individual who works for himself uses creative accounting and the government hate it so close all the loopholes for the individual yet quite happily allow billion pound corporations to avoid taxes.

Then the media start the witch hunt against the individual, no turkeys for Christmas because of hgv driver shortages blah blah blah.
HGV drivers were heroes working during the pandemic when we were at home drinking beer and having bbqs getting full pay, now because the government didn't like them earning a decent living they closed tax loopholes creating the shortage problem yet the spin is turning towards the driver's, its a good sketch for a monty python show.

I work for a multi billion pound company that has its head office in Dublin, the office is as big as my kitchen but the Irish corporate taxs are the lowest in Europe, the good in me thinks the CEO loves going to St James Gate for a pint of the black stuff, the cynical part of me thinks we are there to lower our tax bill....

Or we could just stick with the current version which is make them work 60 plus hours a week pay them all minimum wage and let the government (tax payers) top their wages up with tax credits. There's always the food banks to fall back on when things get really tough
If people earn a decent living wage then they aren't reliant on tax credits and food banks, then they aren't reliant on the tax payers to top up their income.
I would happily pay more for goods if it brought dignity back to a low paid worker.
The low wages were/are already happening and people found a way around it but the government brought it to an end and now wages will have to rise to make up the difference

Sounds wonderful. Making goods more expensive does seem a good way to end the need for foodbanks and the like.

It's funny how companies like Amazon, Costa, McDonald's etc etc all use creative accounting to get around paying fair taxes yet we all quite happily buy their products.
An individual who works for himself uses creative accounting and the government hate it so close all the loopholes for the individual yet quite happily allow billion pound corporations to avoid taxes.

Then the media start the witch hunt against the individual, no turkeys for Christmas because of hgv driver shortages blah blah blah.
HGV drivers were heroes working during the pandemic when we were at home drinking beer and having bbqs getting full pay, now because the government didn't like them earning a decent living they closed tax loopholes creating the shortage problem yet the spin is turning towards the driver's, its a good sketch for a monty python show.

I work for a multi billion pound company that has its head office in Dublin, the office is as big as my kitchen but the Irish corporate taxs are the lowest in Europe, the good in me thinks the CEO loves going to St James Gate for a pint of the black stuff, the cynical part of me thinks we are there to lower our tax bill....

I think many people do care that Amazon etc take the piss with tax but as they're cheaper though so people will continue to use them. Companies should pay their share as should employees. I don't see much of a witchhunt from the media towards the drivers tbh? The shortage is being reported without any "get back to work" type headlines that those working from home had.

Sounds wonderful. Making goods more expensive does seem a good way to end the need for foodbanks and the like.
A few pence here and there won't make any difference to someone in a job not minimum wage or thereabouts, but a few pounds to those working low wage jobs would make all the difference.

Would you prefer to not buy a coffee in Starbucks (other brands are available) once a week or buy that coffee and see a young mum queueing at a food bank

I think many people do care that Amazon etc take the piss with tax but as they're cheaper though so people will continue to use them. Companies should pay their share as should employees. I don't see much of a witchhunt from the media towards the drivers tbh? The shortage is being reported without any "get back to work" type headlines that those working from home had.
Let's see what happens towards hgv drivers if the shelfs are empty at Xmas

I'm amazed that the government have gone to trouble of closing the loophole for the single reason of screwing over HGV driver, apparently. It's not all the millions of other people abusing it as well, just HGV drivers.

A few pence here and there won't make any difference to someone in a job not minimum wage or thereabouts, but a few pounds to those working low wage jobs would make all the difference.

Would you prefer to not buy a coffee in Starbucks (other brands are available) once a week or buy that coffee and see a young mum queueing at a food bank

I'm sure it will make a difference as many using foodbanks do so as cost of living is driving them to rather than being on minimum wage. Rent etc is fecking ridiculous. I've no idea what a Starbucks costs as I've not set foot in one since i was school age.

Let's see what happens towards hgv drivers if the shelfs are empty at Xmas

Maybe you'll be right. I just can't see HGV drivers being a type of worker that the Brexit party govt will want to attack.

I'm sure it will make a difference as many using foodbanks do so as cost of living is driving them to rather than being on minimum wage. Rent etc is fecking ridiculous. I've no idea what a Starbucks costs as I've not set foot in one since i was school age.
A Starbucks cost around £3 so my daughter tells me.
The point I was trying to make (poorly) is the public are happy to spend £3 a day on a coffee or pay someone £20 to wash their car but the moment a kilo of potatoes goes up 1p due to staff shortages then they all jump on social media complaining about it

Maybe you'll be right. I just can't see HGV drivers being a type of worker that the Brexit party govt will want to attack.
Won't be the government it will be the written press, probably started by the Daily Mail.

I'm amazed that the government have gone to trouble of closing the loophole for the single reason of screwing over HGV driver, apparently. It's not all the millions of other people abusing it as well, just HGV drivers.
Everyone that was using IR35 has obviously been affected its just how each profession effects the public, a pig farmer for example will only affect a few and even then its not a big issue, 99% of everything we consume at some point was on an HGV so this effects everyone and everything so its more of a news headline and has much more of an impact on society

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463