Post Match Brighton 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 tv shows all have different reasons for Beckfords dismissal.

**** the league let's win the cup.

Beer needed.

Dismal? What is Forest's then? Even before the tragic events of today. It's not been a blow away season, but hardly dismal. "Meh" about sums it up.

Who mentioned Forest ? Did they blow a massive budget ?
Given what the managers of this club have been given by the owners this season, its absolutely dismal.

If you think mid-table is an acceptable tolerance for this season, you must be easily pleased.

Imo the paying supporter should have every right to feel disappointed with the teams efforts, and imo have every right to expect an awful lot more.

Who mentioned Forest ? Did they blow a massive budget ?
Given what the managers of this club have been given by the owners this season, its absolutely dismal.

If you think mid-table is an acceptable tolerance for this season, you must be easily pleased.

Imo the paying supporter should have every right to feel disappointed with the teams efforts, and imo have every right to expect an awful lot more.

That's your opinion and if you think this season is dismal then you must be very, very difficult to please.Had we made the playoffs, would that have pushed it in to just tolerable?

I don't think there's any denying that we should be doing better and the fans are right to expect better given what we have at our disposal but what is also evident is that you can't buy promotion, this is going to require some patience from the owners and the fans.

For what it's worth I think we've blown it this year, too inconsistant, let's just avoid getting relegated, keep some stability going into the next season and the season after if that's what is required and go from there.

We need to be in a position at the end of this season where we need a couple of players to tweak us into a team to challenge. Not where we need 8/9 or more players again. Not going up is the best thing that could happen this season IMO as we would just plummet back down, or have to overhaul the entire team.

That's your opinion and if you think this season is dismal then you must be very, very difficult to please.Had we made the playoffs, would that have pushed it in to just tolerable?

Anything less than 6th place is a failure.

Last edited:

Sorry, dont understand where your coming from.
The play-offs should have been the minimum target for the club.
We are failing to take advantadge of a budget, that is the envy of most clubs at this level.
I'd doubt that the Thai's will consider it an adequate season, when the players are on the beach and whilst others are still contesting for a place in the prem.
Its not impossible even now, but most of us know its not likely to happen

I just hope that the owners have a belief in NP. After all, he's spent what 3mil? Sven was the one spending 10-15mil or whatever it was.

They have to believe that sticking with Pearson is the right thing to do. After all, our first season with MON was hardly a success. I know times were different then financially, but it's not ALL about money. NP must be given time because his record shows that he has turned teams around time again.

Any ultimate decisions will always come from the owners - so either it was their mistake bringing in Sven and letting him spend so much or it was their mistake in letting him so early in the season. NP needs time to build a squad with everything he stands for - desire, spirit and togetherness. And it will be their mistake to think that NP was guaranteed to get promotion this season.

Yes an awful season compared with finances given and expectations at the start of the season but this is Top and Vichai's own doing: they're the owners.

The constant whinging about referees as if there is an undercover plot.

It's not unreasonable to think that, given the referee's antics the other night, there is an 'agenda' against us.

Referees and linesmen stick together when under attack.

Interesting that the FA took no further action against Nigel but I can imagine that ref will have made his feelings known to today's officials.

I haven't been the kindest about the owners, but I'm feeling more optimistic about their ability to show patience than I have previously. I'm hoping that the type of signings made by Pearson (young, up and coming, not big names) are a sign that they now appreciate that winning promotion means committing to a gradual squad building process as opposed to throwing money at more famous players.

I haven't been the kindest about the owners, but I'm feeling more optimistic about their ability to show patience than I have previously. I'm hoping that the type of signings made by Pearson (young, up and coming, not big names) are a sign that they now appreciate that winning promotion means committing to a gradual squad building process as opposed to throwing money at more famous players.

I'd re-tweet that if i could :)

I just hope that the owners have a belief in NP. After all, he's spent what 3mil? Sven was the one spending 10-15mil or whatever it was.

They have to believe that sticking with Pearson is the right thing to do. After all, our first season with MON was hardly a success. I know times were different then financially, but it's not ALL about money. NP must be given time because his record shows that he has turned teams around time again.

Any ultimate decisions will always come from the owners - so either it was their mistake bringing in Sven and letting him spend so much or it was their mistake in letting him so early in the season. NP needs time to build a squad with everything he stands for - desire, spirit and togetherness. And it will be their mistake to think that NP was guaranteed to get promotion this season.

Yes an awful season compared with finances given and expectations at the start of the season but this is Top and Vichai's own doing: they're the owners.

It was the ultimate success :102:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it has been mentioned but Pearson said there will be no FA action after he was sent to the stands vs Middlesbrough. I wonder if Beckford's red will get overturned? After Pearson's interview I get the impression that it will, in which case todays result really does leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669