Post Match Brighton 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Appeal lodged against Beckford's red card.

In NP's post match interview, he said he had seen the footage very clearly after the game, so that footage must exist (but obviously the Football League show didn't have access to it).

I would imagine if such footage does exist, and we've decided to appeal, we would have a decent chance of getting it overturned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpS_7nO76A4&feature=youtu.be

As we have appealed the card I would have thought that it has to be for the tap on the head. I dont see how we could win an appeal against Foul + Abusive Language, and it clearer isnt for the initial tackle.

If it is the for the tap on the head then I think there is a good chance it will be rescinded. There player hasnt reacted to it and even got up straight after it.

Shamlessly nicked from FT. Its a terrible decision from that angle.

Last edited by a moderator:

As we have appealed the card I would have thought that it has to be for the tap on the head. I dont see how we could win an appeal against Foul + Abusive Language, and it clearer isnt for the initial tackle.

If it is the for the tap on the head then I think there is a good chance it will be rescinded. There player hasnt reacted to it and even got up straight after it.

Just looking at it suggests that its for the tap on the head, as the linesman started furiously waving his flag after that happened. He didn't even seem to complain about the award of the freekick so don't see how he could have said anything offensive to ref's assistant. Mind boggling red card, utterly ridiculous and I can see why Pearson is so miffed.

Whats with the Pearson dig's?

Beckford clearly taps Dunk with either a 'get up' or 'are you ok'. Very common in football.

The linesmen at the game when questioned by our players motioned a kick. That's poor officiating.

I fully expect to see the officials story change to suit. As for that doughnut on Wednesday, anyone see his performance on Saturday? West Ham's goal was a joke.

Last edited:

Just people talking shite as usual, wouldn't take it too seriously, just like the shite most people spout at the games it makes no sense.

Beckford clearly taps Dunk with either a 'get up' or 'are you ok'. Very common in football.

The linesmen at the game when questioned by our players motioned a kick. That's poor officiating.

I fully expect to see the officials story change to suit. As for that doughnut on Wednesday, anyone see his performance on Saturday? West Ham's goal was a joke.

I didn't realise that as the same guy. That was a shocker as well.

Gavin Ward officiated against Boro...

At West Ham's match is was Jones.

If anyone continues to suggest that this shows a lack of discipline on Beckford's part, they are bonkers.

Well there's certainly nothing in the tackle, and Beckford is rightly irritated that their player seems to have gone down like a sack of spuds and had a bit of a roll for good measure. He's not really done anything wrong there IMO and it's a ridiculous decision from the linesman. A bit of play acting from them that I hate to see and it has caused us a red card.

Reminds me a bit of the Man City game against Fulham the other day where fairy boy Adam Johnson was going down under every slight breeze in the penalty area. If you ask me, the referees are partly to blame for this kind of unsportsmanly behaviour, if they spent a bit more time about making a better informed decision rather than getting duped by play acting most of the time I dare say we'd see a lot less diving, play acting and the game will closer resemble something of what it used to be. Of course is doesn't help that FIFA aren't willing to introduce modern technology to make the referee's job easier...

If you ask me, the referees are partly to blame for this kind of unsportsmanly behaviour, if they spent a bit more time about making a better informed decision rather than getting duped by play acting most of the time I dare say we'd see a lot less diving, play acting and the game will closer resemble something of what it used to be. Of course is doesn't help that FIFA aren't willing to introduce modern technology to make the referee's job easier...

That's so good, true and correct that I wish I had written it myself.

Absolutely spot on.

I am not sure if my eyes are playing tricks or what, but as Beckford walks away from the player having tapped him on his back, does his right foot catch the guys head? I am not saying it was deliberate, if it did indeed happen, but that's the only reason I can see for a red being shown.

Just looking at it suggests that its for the tap on the head, as the linesman started furiously waving his flag after that happened. He didn't even seem to complain about the award of the freekick so don't see how he could have said anything offensive to ref's assistant. Mind boggling red card, utterly ridiculous and I can see why Pearson is so miffed.

The law says nothing about the foul and abusive language having to be directed at one of the match officials. If a player abuses himself by calling himself a silly ****, it would not be outside the Laws of the Game for a ref to send him off.

I agree that this would not in practice happen. This decision does seem to be incredibly harsh based on the information that we have available to us.

Ask Neil Lennon and Alan Shearer......

I am not sure if my eyes are playing tricks or what, but as Beckford walks away from the player having tapped him on his back, does his right foot catch the guys head? I am not saying it was deliberate, if it did indeed happen, but that's the only reason I can see for a red being shown.

Your eyes are not deceiving you. I saw it and watched it again. Beckford seems to drag his foot against the players head, not a kick more a brush against it. Not saying it's deliberate but it looks like contact. Can only assume this is what the lino saw.

At least it was from a standing start and not like the cowardly act of Shearer.

Wow - one of the many reasons why football has gone so downhill over the past few years!!

I agree there does appear to have been some contact but there is a slight delay between the possible brush against the head and when the linesman raised his flag. As a former official anything like that would have caused me to riase my flag straight away!. My feeling from looking at that is that as Beckford went away from the incident he carried on complaining and used foul and abusive language and the assistant heard it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669