Pre Match Brighton (Away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well don't offer any strangers a lift on the way down will you, you never know what they will be like:icon_wink

i've fallen for that one before

Last edited:
I think I'd opt for an unchanged team again. It's very tempting to replace players who weren't at their best on Wednesday but it's about building spirit amongst the squad and integrating new players properly. They need to be good to get into a team that are playing well without them. Then once they get in, they'll be very determined to play well to stay there.

I know we probably will have better players on the bench than in the starting XI but there's a lot to be said for keeping a settled team. If we change the team around and lose, it will undo a lot of the progress made. Marshall for Howard on the bench and that's it.

Think an ice shovel and grit is probably more appropriate atm. :icon_wink

Do they have undersoil heating? Have they paid for it and had the final connections made so that it can be switched on?

I think I'd opt for an unchanged team again. It's very tempting to replace players who weren't at their best on Wednesday but it's about building spirit amongst the squad and integrating new players properly. They need to be good to get into a team that are playing well without them. Then once they get in, they'll be very determined to play well to stay there.

Very valid point, but at what point do you say "enough is enough you're not pulling your weight, you're dropped"

There is a lot of exasperation towards 2 or 3 regular starters. It's a fine line between dropping somebody and rushing a new player in.

Time to make one or two changes. Wednesday night underlined that we find it more difficult to turn over physical sides and best to bring in some fresh legs now before we drop more points. Its better to make changes whilst things and build on success. Still very thin on the ground in attack options.

Very valid point, but at what point do you say "enough is enough you're not pulling your weight, you're dropped"

There is a lot of exasperation towards 2 or 3 regular starters. It's a fine line between dropping somebody and rushing a new player in.

Exasperation from who? The fans?

Let's be honest, generally speaking, they know the square root of feck all. I doubt Pearson gives too much thought to whether the fans like a player.

Exasperation from who? The fans?

Let's be honest, generally speaking, they know the square root of feck all. I doubt Pearson gives too much thought to whether the fans like a player.

Hence his frequent use of the "Good for them" response when told of their opinion.

I don't have a problem with it. Honest question...does it bother you Boc?

eeerrr... I'm not sure what you're asking.

If you are asking me if it bothers me when he says "Good for them", when Stringer says that the fans think 'this or that', my answer is No, not at all. I think it shows his healthy disrespect for the opinions of people of people who know what you called the square root of **** all. I think I even admire him for saying it.

Hoping Nige will get rid of Gallagher, who is utterly useless, can take Wellens with him as well.

Kasper
Pelts Mills Sledge Konchesky
Marshall Drinkwater Danns Dyer
Nugent Beckford

Subs: HOWARD, Delfouneso, Wellens, Morgan & Logan.

eeerrr... I'm not sure what you're asking.

If you are asking me if it bothers me when he says "Good for them", when Stringer says that the fans think 'this or that', my answer is No, not at all. I think it shows his healthy disrespect for the opinions of people of people who know what you called the square root of **** all. I think I even admire him for saying it.

That answers my question. I know some people rail against Pearsons' general disregard for the fan view. Not me...and apparently not you.

If Gally starts at Brighton then Pearson obviously not only doesn't give a shit what the fans think (good on him) but he also stands in the technical area with his eyes closed (Not excusable and a bit silly)

Last edited:
If Gally starts at Brighton then Pearson obviously not only doesn't give a shit what the fans think (good on him) but he also stands in the technical area with his eyes closed (Not excusable and a bit silly)

Not sure whether that deserves a :081: or a :038:.

Or both!

Last edited:

He's an interesting dilemma because he doesn't have the pace to get past people out wide, and yet doesn't have the goal-scoring ability nor turn of speed required to be a striker.

What you can't argue is he's technically gifted player, with his right foot seeing him rise to this level.

Premier League player? Very questionable IMO.

I'm not really on the "Gally is shit" bandwagon yet. He does seem short of form at the minute though.

At what point is what he brings that is special - occasional brilliant free kick or pass, outweighed by his inability to head the ball, make a tackle or keep up with the pace of the game?

For me, if he was directly or indirectly responsible for getting us at least one or two goals every game, I would keep playing him.

Last edited:
At what point is what he brings that is special - occasional brilliant free kick or pass, outweighed by his inability to head the ball, make a tackle or keep up with the pace of the game?

For me, if he was directly or indirectly responsible for getting us at least one or two goals every game, I would keep playing him.

I think, in the past, he has been. 7 goals, 7 assists in 28 games. Significantly more than any other midfielder on the books.

He's an interesting dilemma because he doesn't have the pace to get past people out wide, and yet doesn't have the goal-scoring ability nor turn of speed required to be a striker.

What you can't argue is he's technically gifted player, with his right foot seeing him rise to this level.

Premier League player? Very questionable IMO.

This technical ability that people keep banging on about is totally lost on me, against Boro his delivery for every corner/free kick was absolutely garbage, his passing was awful and he was knocked of the ball easily, I think people come up with this technical ability to justify him in some way.

Premiership player? It's in the Championship where he's looking well out of his depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669