Post Match Bristol City 3 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete lack of concentration tonight defensively. To concede two goals shortly after scoring is just poor form and the defence, which has looked so strong, well organised and disciplined of late, really needs to take a look at itself after that display

Over-reaction? we allowed the lowest scoring team in this league to score 3 piss easy goals against us when we should be working at our ****ing best to ensure we stay in touch with the play-off pack, absolutely sums up this season, it's totally shit, nothing more nothing less.

My ****ing thoughts exactly. Yes they are fighting for their survivial but we have girfted them 3 goals, they have also done te double over us, WTF?

Realistically I believed our season was over after the Watford game. Beating Chelsea in the FA Cup? Not impossible, not really likely but we'll give it a go, we really have nothing to lose.

If we average two points a game until the end of the season it might be enough to scrape into the play-offs.
We've averaged two points a game from the last three games.
W
I don't think we'll do it, but it's a long way from being impossible.

That would get us to 72. Not sure that will be enough this season, 74 will be more likely the points level needed.

That would get us to 72. Not sure that will be enough this season, 74 will be more likely the points level needed.

I think it will be more than 74, unless a couple of teams currently in the top six go on really bad runs. That's why I used the word "might".

If we can beat the teams above us, like Blackpool, Hull and Birmingham, it might reduce the points required to finish sixth.

If we win every game then no-one will take a point from us. We can only win our games.

#statetheobviousmixedinwithfootballcliche

Last edited:
Brilliant result this for us. With Leeds and Hull drawing i think it's safe to write all 3 clubs off for a play off place.

Massive game for us tomorrow against Cardiff. We win we will climb into the top 6 replacing Blackpool.

It's down to Brighton/Cardiff and Blackpool for last place.

Come on Gus :038:

Chelsea looked revitalised tonight and I cannot see us beating them. Shame AVB got sacked. Birmingham looked very ordinary. Pity they didn't beat Chelsea as I'd have backed us to win against them.

Well I'm not ****ing going.

I was going but I decided last night that i'm sodding off to Vietnam for a month, cheaper than a trip to london.

Opportunity missed.the players dont look interestd bloody useless.forget playoffs no chance.season over should have beaten them :icon_sad:

For whatever reasons we've not yet reached the stage where we are able to achieve any consistency. A play off place isn't impossible but it's rapidly becoming a mathematical possibility rather than a realistic proposition. I think we are now facing three difficult games and the season will be defined one way or another by a week Sunday.

To top it all we the fans are pissed off ,another season up the shoot ,and how are the owners thinking now (not good i fear)

Chelsea looked revitalised tonight and I cannot see us beating them. Shame AVB got sacked. Birmingham looked very ordinary. Pity they didn't beat Chelsea as I'd have backed us to win against them.

Birmingham had their opportunity in the first game - it was never likely to reoccur especially if Chelsea were a bit more motivated.

The gulf between us and Chelsea is massive. It would take them to play well below their capabilities and us to have a bit of luck for us to get through. Unfortunately we don't seem to get much luck when we go to Premier League grounds - especially in London so it will be a massive and pleasant surprise if we survive this particular trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669