Bristol City or Cardiff - FAC 4th Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
More likely Sunday to help ticket sales.

Can't imagine that Bristol will want their entire home support paying on the gate, as ST's won't be valid

This will probably mean Cardiff game will be on a Saturday if they win?

Come on Cardiff!!

More likely Sunday to help ticket sales.

Can't imagine that Bristol will want their entire home support paying on the gate, as ST's won't be valid

More importantly the Avon and Somerset Police won't want the entire home support paying on the gate and the possibility that away fans, frustrated at the slow queues at their end, will attempt to get in the home end.

This will probably mean Cardiff game will be on a Saturday if they win?

Come on Cardiff!!

How do you come to that conclusion? The fact that Bristol want to change the time doesn't mean that Cardiff will necessarily want it to stay the same.

More importantly the Avon and Somerset Police won't want the entire home support paying on the gate and the possibility that away fans, frustrated at the slow queues at their end, will attempt to get in the home end.

Has Friday been ruled out then? :icon_conf

How do you come to that conclusion? The fact that Bristol want to change the time doesn't mean that Cardiff will necessarily want it to stay the same.

Bristol don't want to changet the time they want to change the day because Rovers are at home on the 23rd, there is no reason why Cardiff can't play on the 24th is there?

Has Friday been ruled out then? :icon_conf

I would imagine that Friday would be ruled out by the fact that it would leave only 2 full days for tickets to be distributed. I don't think that is enough but I don't make the decisions.

If their undersoil heating is switched on, it should be fine.

Exactly!

So I want Cardiff to beat Bristol now next tuesay so that I can go to a game on the 23rd. Is there no way our club can sell tickets for the game but on a neutral ticket?

:icon_conf

I meant to say there is no reason why Cardiff can't play it on the 23rd i is there?

You seemed to infer in an earlier post that the fact that Bristol want to play on the Friday or Sunday means that Cardiff would want to play on the Saturday. In reality the two things are totally unconnected.

I think it is even more important that ticket sales are handled correctly for a visit to Cardiff - and I am sure that Cardiff and the South Wales Police will be thinking the same thing. For that reason alone I wouldn't be at all surprised if they give themselves the extra day and set the game up for Sunday. I certainly wouldn't be booking any non-refundable travel or accommodation arrangements until an announcement is made.

Why? How?

More time for people to get tickets meaning more tickets sold.

Basically they could just sell a ticket with Bristol City/Cardiff V Leicester on it. The money could be kept by Leicester and then when we find out who we are playing we could then just send off the ticket money to them. The tickets could just be printed on a normail Leicester ticket.

Is there no way our club can sell tickets for the game but on a neutral ticket?

I have known tickets to be sold for a home tie before the opponent is known - but never for an away tie. The allocations for Bristol and Cardiff will be different - the seating plan is different - the prices that the two clubs want to charge might also be different. I can hardly believe that you thought it might be a possibility.

More time for people to get tickets meaning more tickets sold.

Basically they could just sell a ticket with Bristol City/Cardiff V Leicester on it. The money could be kept by Leicester and then when we find out who we are playing we could then just send off the ticket money to them. The tickets could just be printed on a normail Leicester ticket.

What exactly were you thinking when you typed these words?

I have known tickets to be sold for a home tie before the opponent is known - but never for an away tie. The allocations for Bristol and Cardiff will be different - the seating plan is different - the prices that the two clubs want to charge might also be different. I can hardly believe that you thought it might be a possibility.

What exactly were you thinking when you typed these words?

Was just a quick idea, I didn't really think it through to be honest.

I remember when I brought my tickets for Aston Villla a few years back the ticket had Aston Villa v Leicester or Nottingham Forest on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00